September 20th, 2010
We start tomorrow…yikes!
I think I am all ready for it. Babs and I have read through all our information again and I am as prepared as I can be. I’ll be glad to get off the pill though. I’ve been a nightmare on it!!! I hope that it won’t be as bad on the Buserelin!
September 21st, 2010
I did it. I did my very first injection!!!
It was like Comedy Central in my house this morning. Babs tried to help me, but he was flapping about like an old woman! But somehow, we still did it. I was really tense so that probably didn’t help but it didn’t hurt. It burned a little, which felt strange and was really sore afterwards, but that didn’t last long.
Just really proud I managed it and I didn’t cry!!! I need my bed now though. I spent half the night awake worrying about it!!! There was obviously no need for that.
September 23rd, 2010
It’s still all going well here. I’m feeling really tired and my boobs are sore, but other than that I’ve not had any problems at all.
I’ve had a bit of spot to check it out.
October 4th, 2010
I have a stinky horrible cold. Apart from that all is going well.
I’ve got my first scan on Wednesday and, if all is well, will start stimming.
I’m being sooooo good at the moment. I’ve been eating healthily, and even though we have had lots of nights out, I haven’t had any no alcohol, which has been a bummer, but I am determined. Injections are a breeze now, which is a relief. Babs still won’t watch while I do it though, bless him!!
I’m feeling strangely detached from everything at the moment. It still doesn’t feel real.
October 6th, 2010
The scan went really well. Babs came in with me and we had no idea what we were looking at, but the doctor was really nice and pointed everything out to us (even though it didn’t make things any clearer though. LOL!)
She said, so far, I am textbook!! Long may that continue!!! Stimming starts tonight, which means two injections a day. Woo hoo!!! Not!
October 11th, 2010
I had my scan today. I’ve got 15 little follicles growing away. The right ovary is the dominant one (which I knew from the aches and pains on that side!). The largest one is 9mm, I have 4 which are 8mm and all the others are under 8mm. I have no idea if that is good or not.
Today’s nurse wasn’t as helpful as the one last week (I think they were rushed because they were running 40 minutes late). I still haven’t got a date for egg collection. Just that it will be next week.
I’m still feeling really detatched from the whole process, but it’s starting to feel more real now that I am so uncomfortable from the aches and twinges in my ovaries, but I don’t feel any emotional attachment at all. Am I weird?!
October 14th, 2010
I’m not liking my follcles at the moment. They are hurting me!! I’ve got next week off work, so hopefully I will have Egg Collection (EC) and and Embryo Transfer (ET) then. Only one more day to go and no more pretending everything is fine, and Babs can run around and pamper me a bit!
October 15th, 2010
Today’s scan was fine. Follicles are growing a bit slowly so have to carry on as I am for the weekend, and get scanned again on Monday. Looking at probable EC on Wednesday.
My follies are varying between 8mm and 17mm in size. The nurse I saw today thinks they may sacrifice the two large ones to get the majority up to size, so they will have more eggs to choose from.
The best thing of all is that I am off work now until it is all over. I wasn’t feeling too bad this morning but after being poked and prodded with the dildocam, I am sore as anything this afternoon. The follies may have heard that they were growing slowly and decided to have a growth spurt or something!
It’s getting closerrrrrr!
My name is Morayo. I’m a TTC Warrior…and I’m far too stubborn to give up.
Catch up on Morayo’s story here:
- Morayo’s Mountain 1: TTC Warrior
- Morayo’s Mountain 2: Soul Mate
- Morayo’s Mountain 3: Grateful for the little things
- Morayo’s Mountain 4: Family Secret
- Morayo’s Mountain 5: Fed Up
- Morayo’s Mountain 6: The Weekend
- Morayos’ Mountain 7: Missing Period
- Morayo’s Mountain 8: A Problem Shared
- Morayo’s Mountain 9: Insemination Cups
- Morayo’s Mountain 10: Obsessed
- Morayo’s Mountain 11: Botched Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 12: Psych Myself
- Morayo’s Mountain 13: Broody
- Morayo’s Mountain 14: Confused and Confuddled
- Morayo’s Mountain 15: Another Two Week Wait
- Morayo’s Mountain 16: One More Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 17: Back to the Doctors
- Morayo’s Mountain 18: We’re going to beat this thing
- Morayo’s Mountain 19: Live to fight another day
- Morayo’s Mountain 20: Nightmare Mother-In-Law
- Morayo’s Mountain 21: Baby Dreaming
- Morayo’s Mountain 22: Those Swimmers are Mine
- Morayo’s Mountain 23: What ever happened to Karma?
- Morayo’s Mountain 24: The Year of the BFP
- Morayo’s Mountain 25: Not ready for motherhood after all!
- Morayo’s Mountain 26: Happy Little Bunny
- Morayo’s Mountain 27: Mothers Day Blues
- Morayo’s Mountain 28: It only takes one
- Morayo’s Mountain 29: Of Sperm…and Wine
- Morayo’s Mountain 30: Up and Down
- Morayo’s Mountain 31: Evil Witch
- Morayo’s Mountain 32: The Angels are telling me something
- Morayo’s Mountain 33: Start Date
- Morayo’s Mountain 34: I can’t do this
- Morayo’s Mountain 35: Seriously?!
- Morayo’s Mountain 36: Panic Attack