August 22nd, 2010
AF is here. Bang on time. I called the clinic to let them know, so hopefully they will give me a call in the morning to start the pill.
OMG, this is it. It is finally starting.
From what the doctor said the last time, I should be on BCP for between 18 and 40 days, with our egg collection in the week beginning 18th October.
I have to call with the date of my first period, between 10th August and 3rd September. I’m hoping that they will give me more information tomorrow when they call me.
August 24th, 2010
Well I’ve started the pill. I have no side effects and I’m not turning into a hormonal monster, so that’s a good thing. Or perhaps after only a day, it’s too early to say that. Lol! Who even knows!
I stay on the pill until 20th September and then start down regging on the 21st. I’ve got my first scan on 6th October, so it’s all moving forward!!
This is it. We are underway!!!
August 25th, 2010
Day two, and I feel sick and have a headache. I don’t want to play anymore!!!
August 27th, 2010
The BCP is still making me feel really sick but it is getting better, so hopefully that will go altogether soon. The good thing is that sex is now back to being just for fun…so no more hassling with those awful insemination cups!
My ‘friend’ who thought it would give me a boost to know about her pregnancy sent me a long e-mail, complaining about how awful she feels. Seriously, I do wonder about some people!!! I didn’t even bother replying.
August 29th, 2010
I’ve stopped feeling sick now!!
Besides that, not much else to report. I get my IVF drugs on the 6th of September, so counting down to that.
Oh, side bar. Everyone on Facebook is either talking babies, pregnancy or christenings. I’m considering deleting my account…
September 2nd, 2010
I’m not liking the pill at all! I really thought I would be okay, as it is the same one I was on for years without a problem. But I am feeling so hormonal and the nausea still hasn’t gone completely.
My former line manager came in with her baby today. They were over the other side of the office and I didn’t go over. I just couldn’t cope with having a cute baby around while I feel so hormonal. Think she took the hint? Noooo!! She bloody well came over shoved the baby under my nose and asked me how I was. I just mumbled something, before my new line manager dragged her away (he knows what is going on).
So I did the only thing I could do. I bought cake on the way home!
September 4th, 2010
I can’t believe how quick the time on the pill is going. I really thought it would drag.
IVF drugs arrive on Monday, so I’ve cleaned out the fridge all ready for the stuff that goes in there.
I’ve got two weeks off work now. I can’t wait. I’m really ready for some time off. I haven’t had a break since I was off in May, and it feels like forever ago!! Looking forward to some r&r…if I can manage it!
September 6th, 2010
I’ve been really weepy all day today. Not sure why. I was looking forward to getting the drugs and being that bit closer to getting my BFP…but when they arrived, it was all too much for me…
I had a major panic at all the needles. There seem far too many!!
But I’m feeling a bit better now. Babs has been fantastic, giving me lots of cuddles and reassurance.
Anyways, it was the first day of my two-week holiday, and it has done nothing but rain cats and dogs!
September 12th, 2010
We had a great weekend. My niece and nephew came to stay because my brother’s nanny let them down (again), but this time, they were absolute angels!!! The last couple of times they have been round they have put me off the idea of parenthood, but they were good as gold this time.
I’m feeling like I just want to get started now. Only 9 days. I don’t know where the time has gone.
Let’s get this thing started!
My name is Morayo. I’m a TTC Warrior…and I’m far too stubborn to give up.
Catch up on Morayo’s story here:
- Morayo’s Mountain 1: TTC Warrior
- Morayo’s Mountain 2: Soul Mate
- Morayo’s Mountain 3: Grateful for the little things
- Morayo’s Mountain 4: Family Secret
- Morayo’s Mountain 5: Fed Up
- Morayo’s Mountain 6: The Weekend
- Morayos’ Mountain 7: Missing Period
- Morayo’s Mountain 8: A Problem Shared
- Morayo’s Mountain 9: Insemination Cups
- Morayo’s Mountain 10: Obsessed
- Morayo’s Mountain 11: Botched Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 12: Psych Myself
- Morayo’s Mountain 13: Broody
- Morayo’s Mountain 14: Confused and Confuddled
- Morayo’s Mountain 15: Another Two Week Wait
- Morayo’s Mountain 16: One More Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 17: Back to the Doctors
- Morayo’s Mountain 18: We’re going to beat this thing
- Morayo’s Mountain 19: Live to fight another day
- Morayo’s Mountain 20: Nightmare Mother-In-Law
- Morayo’s Mountain 21: Baby Dreaming
- Morayo’s Mountain 22: Those Swimmers are Mine
- Morayo’s Mountain 23: What ever happened to Karma?
- Morayo’s Mountain 24: The Year of the BFP
- Morayo’s Mountain 25: Not ready for motherhood after all!
- Morayo’s Mountain 26: Happy Little Bunny
- Morayo’s Mountain 27: Mothers Day Blues
- Morayo’s Mountain 28: It only takes one
- Morayo’s Mountain 29: Of Sperm…and Wine
- Morayo’s Mountain 30: Up and Down
- Morayo’s Mountain 31: Evil Witch
- Morayo’s Mountain 32: The Angels are telling me something
- Morayo’s Mountain 33: Start Date
- Morayo’s Mountain 34: I can’t do this
- Morayo’s Mountain 35: Seriously?!