July 27th, 2010
One more sleep to go!!
AF found me today and she is being evil (again). I thought I was going to pass out this morning, and I had no painkillers at home at all. I could have killed Babs when I found he had taken the last of them. I had to run to the chemist in the rain at lunchtime to get more, but at least I felt human this afternoon (if a little soggy).
July 28th, 2010
We finally had our presentation at the hospital today. We got to the hospital nearly an hour early (I was worrying about being late), so we had time for a quick coffee before we reported in.
It was good. Really informative and the staff are all soooooo nice! Everyone stopped by to introduce themselves. We met the doctors, nurses, embryologist, etc. So when we start treatment we know who everyone is, from who answers the phone to the person fertilizing the eggs and transferring them.
It was much much more couple orientated than I expected it to be! I thought Babs would be redundant apart from providing the swimmers, but they like him with me every step of the way. He even gets to come into surgery with me. He also got very strict instructions on how nice he has to be while I am going through it all. They were told lots of cuddles, chocolate, flowers and general spoiling!! I’m really loving this!
I’m feeling less daunted about the injections than I was before. We got to practice mixing the powders and liquids and injecting into a fake skin thing. I didn’t feel a thing!
I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed about the information we were given today though. We were there for over three and a half hours. But I also feel prepared and positive about it.
Now I just have to wait 27 days for my next period and we are all set to go.
July 30th, 2010
It’s the weekend!!
I can’t believe how positive I’ve been feeling since Wednesday!!! My mood has really brightened. I’ve been really bouncy and hyper. It’s been ages since I felt this great and I love it!!!
August 7th, 2010
We’re not TTC this month. It’s is too much stress and I want to be as relaxed as possible going into IVF!
I’ve got my niece and nephew staying again tonight. They are at their other Aunty’s wedding today and we are going to pick them up at 8pm. I actually don’t mind that too much. It will be straight to bed for them!!!
I’ve been in bit of a weird mood the last couple of days. Nothing I can put my finger on, just that I feel out of sorts. Ho hum! I miss alcohol!!!
August 8th, 2010
Last night was a nightmare!! We had tears and tantrums from the 3 year old, because she didn’t want to leave the party and go to bed. The 7 year old was still bouncing off the walls at midnight and just wouldn’t sleep. We think someone had been giving him cola to drink all day!
Then of course this morning they were awake at the crack of dawn but they still pretty overtired and non-stop tears, tantrums and fighting. I could have cried with relief when I saw my brother driving into our compound at 11 o’clock.
Honestly, a few hours with those two is enough to put you off children for life!!!
August 12th, 2010
Why do people think I would be relieved to know they have gotten pregnant?! WTF! Seriously??
I received an e-mail when I got home from work announcing a pregnancy, with the sender, a supposed friend of mine, actually writing she thought “it would give me a boost” to know she was pregnant before I started our treatment.
Now I don’t know if I am just such a bitter evil jealous cow that I can’t be happy for her or if I should genuinely be pleased for her.
I want to cry but refusing too at the moment. God I really need a drink, but I don’t want to undo the last five weeks of good work. Even online shoe shopping didn’t help.
Oh forget it! I’m off to find calorie ladden cake.
My name is Morayo. I’m a TTC Warrior…and I’m far too stubborn to give up.
Catch up on Morayo’s story here:
- Morayo’s Mountain 1: TTC Warrior
- Morayo’s Mountain 2: Soul Mate
- Morayo’s Mountain 3: Grateful for the little things
- Morayo’s Mountain 4: Family Secret
- Morayo’s Mountain 5: Fed Up
- Morayo’s Mountain 6: The Weekend
- Morayos’ Mountain 7: Missing Period
- Morayo’s Mountain 8: A Problem Shared
- Morayo’s Mountain 9: Insemination Cups
- Morayo’s Mountain 10: Obsessed
- Morayo’s Mountain 11: Botched Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 12: Psych Myself
- Morayo’s Mountain 13: Broody
- Morayo’s Mountain 14: Confused and Confuddled
- Morayo’s Mountain 15: Another Two Week Wait
- Morayo’s Mountain 16: One More Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 17: Back to the Doctors
- Morayo’s Mountain 18: We’re going to beat this thing
- Morayo’s Mountain 19: Live to fight another day
- Morayo’s Mountain 20: Nightmare Mother-In-Law
- Morayo’s Mountain 21: Baby Dreaming
- Morayo’s Mountain 22: Those Swimmers are Mine
- Morayo’s Mountain 23: What ever happened to Karma?
- Morayo’s Mountain 24: The Year of the BFP
- Morayo’s Mountain 25: Not ready for motherhood after all!
- Morayo’s Mountain 26: Happy Little Bunny
- Morayo’s Mountain 27: Mothers Day Blues
- Morayo’s Mountain 28: It only takes one
- Morayo’s Mountain 29: Of Sperm…and Wine
- Morayo’s Mountain 30: Up and Down
- Morayo’s Mountain 31: Evil Witch
- Morayo’s Mountain 32: The Angels are telling me something
- Morayo’s Mountain 33: Start Date
- Morayo’s Mountain 34: I can’t do this