May 28th, 2010
We have a start date!!!
The clinic phoned me at work this morning to book us in! I am so excited. I start the pill in August and work towards an egg transfer date on the week beginning 18 October. They want a few more months for Babs’ sperm levels to build, so that’s why it’s so far away. Regardless, I have been so excited, it’s made me so useless at work today! I can’t sit still or concentrate on a thing!
May 29th, 2010
I’m still in shock!! I can’t believe it took seven months from seeing our doctor and then the Fertility Doctor, and then only two months to start IVF/ICSI!!
The woman who called was sooooo lovelyI I’ll be starting the pill between 10th August and 3rd September, and our first scan should be around 6th October. Thereafter, I guess it depends on how I respond to drugs.
On the 28th of July, we’ll be talked through all the admin stuff, and sign the required consent forms. We’ll also get taught how to do our injections.
My head is spinning a bit! Last night, Babs and I were having a date night and all we could think and talk about was the ICSI!
It seems so real now!!
June 6th, 2010
Thanks to all my reading, and the online community I belong to, I have an idea what to expect from the IVF process, but Babs doesn’t. So, I ordered a couple books off Amazon which my sister should travel back with next week, so we’ll read them together as soon as they arrive.
I’ve gone from having a half nervous, half excited husband to a terrified quivering wreck (well, slight dramatization, but pretty close). I even tried finding some male online support, but there doesn’t appear to be anything. Hopefully he will calm down again when he has had time to think!
I just think he was totally unprepared for what we will actually have to go through. In his head it was just only taking some drugs, having a couple scans, fertilise the egg, get pregnant, and go back in nine months when I am huge and start screaming!
I’m glad he is slowly getting prepared but I feel guilty that I’ve had to terrify the life out of him to make him understand.
June 7th, 2010
I love Karma!!
I used to have a really good friend who knew all about our TTC troubles. Then three years ago she fell pregnant and stopped talking to me completely. Like zero contact oh! To the point I was with some people at a Christmas party, and she said “Goodbye X, goodbye Y, goodbye Z”, and just blanked me. I was sad, but hey…no big deal. You always find out who your friends are in times of trouble.
I found out today her husband has been having an affair for 18 months and has left her. But a lot of their friends have taken his side. Now she knows what it is like to need her friends in the bad times and find they’ve turned their backs!
I know I shouldn’t be happy about her news, but I cant help it. Oooh, I have such an evil side to me sometimes!
June 18th, 2010
Time is just ticking away so s-l-o-w-l-y! Nothing much to report. If I manage a BFP this month it will be a bloody miracle, considering that I have lost interest in sex and am just counting down to IVF now!
I’ve got a meeting with my new line manager on Monday. I’m dreading having to go through the whole stress of explaining my situation and my need for time off. Well, at least I know I he won’t be telling me he is pregnant a week later, like my last boss! LOL!
Counting how many cycles are left to IVF…probably two cycles until I start the pill then we work towards an egg collection date of sometime in the week beginning 18 October. It’s seeming forever away at the moment.
June 21st, 2010
I had my annual assessment today and new line manager is being brilliant about my leave days, and needing it to be flexible. He didn’t even want to know any of the details…LOL! It’s quite a refreshing change after the last one wanting to know everything!!!
But best of all is the fact that I got a great score, which means a good bonus! Maybe even fat enough to compensate us for our IVF spend. Whoop whoop!
Counting down now!
My name is Morayo. I’m a TTC Warrior…and I’m far too stubborn to give up.
Catch up on Morayo’s story here:
- Morayo’s Mountain 1: TTC Warrior
- Morayo’s Mountain 2: Soul Mate
- Morayo’s Mountain 3: Grateful for the little things
- Morayo’s Mountain 4: Family Secret
- Morayo’s Mountain 5: Fed Up
- Morayo’s Mountain 6: The Weekend
- Morayos’ Mountain 7: Missing Period
- Morayo’s Mountain 8: A Problem Shared
- Morayo’s Mountain 9: Insemination Cups
- Morayo’s Mountain 10: Obsessed
- Morayo’s Mountain 11: Botched Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 12: Psych Myself
- Morayo’s Mountain 13: Broody
- Morayo’s Mountain 14: Confused and Confuddled
- Morayo’s Mountain 15: Another Two Week Wait
- Morayo’s Mountain 16: One More Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 17: Back to the Doctors
- Morayo’s Mountain 18: We’re going to beat this thing
- Morayo’s Mountain 19: Live to fight another day
- Morayo’s Mountain 20: Nightmare Mother-In-Law
- Morayo’s Mountain 21: Baby Dreaming
- Morayo’s Mountain 22: Those Swimmers are Mine
- Morayo’s Mountain 23: What ever happened to Karma?
- Morayo’s Mountain 24: The Year of the BFP
- Morayo’s Mountain 25: Not ready for motherhood after all!
- Morayo’s Mountain 26: Happy Little Bunny
- Morayo’s Mountain 27: Mothers Day Blues
- Morayo’s Mountain 28: It only takes one
- Morayo’s Mountain 29: Of Sperm…and Wine
- Morayo’s Mountain 30: Up and Down
- Morayo’s Mountain 31: Evil Witch
- Morayo’s Mountain 32: The Angels are telling me something