May 13th, 2010
I’m loving not going to work!! Babs and I have been quite lazy, and not been up to very much, but it is just so great to get up late and watch mindless daytime TV!
My new underwear has also been a hit. Too much of a hit maybe…LOL!! I’ve pulled a muscle in my thigh!!! I guess there’s no hiding what we have been up to off work, when I am walking like John Wayne!!!!
It’s great not to think about TTC for a change…
May 16th, 2010
I have had a great weekend!
I had a really lazy day yesterday. I read my book (Under the Dome, by Stephen King), ate a lot of chocolate, and watched rubbish on TV!! Bliss! Late afternoon, I went for a back and shoulder massage. My shoulders were really badly knotted. The lady at the spa had to dig really deep to sort them out. It hurt loads while she was doing it, but feels loads better now.
Today I’ve caught up on all my housework, done all my ironing and cooked dinner. I’m such a domestic goddess! I wish I could be like it more often and then it wouldn’t take me so long to do it at the weekends!!
May 17th, 2010
I called the clinic at 10 o’clock this morning, and they told me they were still waiting for my blood tests to come back and to try calling them again next week.
I had a call at 1 o’clock saying they have had a cancellation on Wednesday, wo we can go in for our appointment then. So, I’m guessing they were just sitting on my results unless by some huge coincidence they actually did arrive in the three hours since my phone call.
So 3:30pm on Wednesday, we’ll go back to find out if we can go ahead with the ICSI. I’m so scared…and excited.
May 18th, 2010
I’m going mad!!! I keep smelling babies. Not as in actually sniffing newborns, but I keep thinking I can smell a baby around (when there isn’t). It’s really weird. I’ve already showered and changed deodrants twice today…LOL! Maybe the Angels are trying to tell me something?!
May 19th, 2010
Everything went great today!!!
My AMH level came back great! We had to go for a blood test for HIV, Hep C etc., and when those results come back, we’ll probably get a start date.
I’m feeling really positive now. I was convinced that my levels wouldn’t be high enough. Thank God!!!
May 20th, 2010
My week is just getting better and better!! My nightmare pregnant Line Manager has been signed off sick for four weeks, and as she only has six weeks until her due date so no one thinks she will be back!!!!
I’ve been so smiley all day. I didn’t realise quite how negative she was making life for me at work, until she wasn’t there any more…if that makes any sense.
The guy who sits next to me is going to take over while she is on maternity leave, and he is a sweetie so I know when I need time off for the IVF, he’ll be fine about it.
May 22nd, 2010
Logged on to Facebook today, and found that one of my old school mates just had a grandchild!!! A grandchild!!!
Like Facebook wasn’t bad enough with people announcing their pregnancies, now they are bloody announcing the birth of their grandchildren!
I’m only 33 and I haven’t even had one baby yet. How can they have grandchildren?!
What is insane is that this will be her second grandchild!! She had her kids early, one at 15 and one at 17 I think…and it appears one of them has followed suit.
Otherwise, I am okay. I’m trying to compose an e-mail to a wife of one of Babs’ friends. Apparently, she’s also going through the same fertility tests, and he told her I’d get in touch! Men sha! I’ve only met her a couple of times and really don’t know what to say.
I hope I can improvise somehow…
May 26th, 2010
Got in touch with Babs’ friend’s wife, and got a lovely e-mail back. She said she is at a place where most of the time she can not think about it and be happy with her life as it is. Wow! I wonder what that feels like!!!!!!!!!
It’s strange not temping this cycle. I have no idea how many DPO I am, or if we timed everything right for me to be in with a chance. No symptoms to report, unless falling down asleep by mid-afternoon is one! Days like this I miss caffeine.
My name is Morayo. I’m a TTC Warrior…and I’m far too stubborn to give up.
Catch up on Morayo’s story here:
- Morayo’s Mountain 1: TTC Warrior
- Morayo’s Mountain 2: Soul Mate
- Morayo’s Mountain 3: Grateful for the little things
- Morayo’s Mountain 4: Family Secret
- Morayo’s Mountain 5: Fed Up
- Morayo’s Mountain 6: The Weekend
- Morayos’ Mountain 7: Missing Period
- Morayo’s Mountain 8: A Problem Shared
- Morayo’s Mountain 9: Insemination Cups
- Morayo’s Mountain 10: Obsessed
- Morayo’s Mountain 11: Botched Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 12: Psych Myself
- Morayo’s Mountain 13: Broody
- Morayo’s Mountain 14: Confused and Confuddled
- Morayo’s Mountain 15: Another Two Week Wait
- Morayo’s Mountain 16: One More Cycle
- Morayo’s Mountain 17: Back to the Doctors
- Morayo’s Mountain 18: We’re going to beat this thing
- Morayo’s Mountain 19: Live to fight another day
- Morayo’s Mountain 20: Nightmare Mother-In-Law
- Morayo’s Mountain 21: Baby Dreaming
- Morayo’s Mountain 22: Those Swimmers are Mine
- Morayo’s Mountain 23: What ever happened to Karma?
- Morayo’s Mountain 24: The Year of the BFP
- Morayo’s Mountain 25: Not ready for motherhood after all!
- Morayo’s Mountain 26: Happy Little Bunny
- Morayo’s Mountain 27: Mothers Day Blues
- Morayo’s Mountain 28: It only takes one
- Morayo’s Mountain 29: Of Sperm…and Wine
- Morayo’s Mountain 30: Up and Down
- Morayo’s Mountain 31: Evil Witch