Weight Loss Group

Nicole's Weight Loss Journal

This topic contains 384 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 385 total)
  • Author

Pearl
    Participant

It wasn’t tailored ke @nicole 😥  😥  😥  😥  😥  😥 thank God its over.

Wishing all the best as you commence with a new plan. :friends:

Nicole
    Keymaster

January 24, 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Long time no post! Only just got off the Christmas choppeez train  :santa

Anyhoo…back on track. Today is day 3 of my 4-day fruits only cleanse. Smoothie was made from grapes, strawberries, and bananas. Not the healthiest but a total treat  :icecream:   :icecream: . So yum! Anyhoo, since starting on Monday, I actually feel lighter. The plan is to do this to jumpstart the almighty KETO, which should start on Friday, Insha Allah!

Here’s to losing 8kg from now until the end of February  :yahoo:   :yahoo: . And 15kg in all before Easter  :wohoo:   :wohoo:

So help me GOD.

Too ashamed to hop on the scale. Will do that next week Friday, and that will be my official starting point. Ehn, I’m starting the race from the middle of the track, come and beat me  :haha:

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Happy new year Nicole @nicole :haha:   :haha:   This diary gets some action this year.

That smoothie looks yummy. I think your goal is achievable given Lent is starting soon and ends with Easter.

@Ehn, I’m starting the race from the middle of the track, come and beat me  :haha: :haha: :haha:   :haha: Start where ever, as long as you start.

Bos @bosa, we are still waiting for your own update oh.

cc: @pear and smiley

Pearl
    Participant

@nicole: How is this smoothie not the healthiest? Me I like it o and think its very healthy. :yes:   :yes:

Please, forget about scale and do your thing. Scaling sometimes make one fall back on ones goals. Just follow your intuition and be a good girl. 😉

Thanks for the tag @oluwakemine. :rose:

Nicole
    Keymaster

@oluwakemine, yes na :haha: . Fingers crossed to that almighty weight loss oooo!

@pearl, thanks hun. I agree with you about scaling, but I know that when I don’t track my weight, it has had tendencies of shooting through the sky. For me, instead of frequently weighing myself, maybe once every other week should work.

Hopeful  :bodyb:   :bodyb:   :plane:   :plane:

Bos
    Participant

@nicole Fingers crossed to attaining your target. You can do it…. :good: That is the smoothie i referred to, i put up the recipe on my post. Is it from fresh county? Mine has pineapples added, it looks exactly the same – strawberries, grapes, banana and pineapple. I love it, I used to do have this for breakfast with boiled egg 2-3times a week. Coincidentally, i have it here today as my “fruit” to break the fast. I know what you mean by not the healthiest, I’ve read too many articles advising to add 1-2 fruits maximum to your greens for smoothies but i think it all depends. If this acts as my breakfast, why not?

My clothes act as my scale, once the waist band gets snug i know I am piling on weight, they are all current loose so I do not think I gained any Christmas weight. Not sure I even had plenty “bad” stuff that period, I was super active though so maybe that helped.

@oluwakemine I haven’t had an entry as I’ve been observing the 21-days fast. So i put off the gym also on hold, i tried to run and do some Nike app exercises but stopped jor as I think i was losing too much weight. I hope i do not disappear, just found out that lent commences on Feb.14 :rofl: why Vals day???? So its looking like I just get a few weeks of break then resume fasting. I plan to resume running and aerobic classes on Monday, then stop morning runs once lent starts. However, i think I shall break earlier this year. Let’s see how it goes but I may be breaking for 3pm, then attend aerobic classes since the classes are for 6.30pm.

Oluwakemi
    Participant

I was like :saywhat: :saywhat: when I found out that Lent starts on Val’s day @bosa. Honestly, it’s going to put  a damper on things, as people be forming holy holy.

By Easter sha, you will resume proper routines, right?

Nicole @nicole, I must say you are trying with this fruit-only cleanse.  :good:   :good:

Bos
    Participant

Ash Wednesday is Val’s day….  :brat: makes no difference as I am always indoors. The madness on Lagos roads :headspin: on that day keeps me in my house.

@oluwakemine yes i should resume fully after Easter. I miss my morning runs, out on the bridge by 5am was always a perfect start to the day. The saying never say never is Key. I admired those who did it, and thought i could never do it. We can do everything we set our hearts to do indeed.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Vals day on Ash Wednesday :haha: . God sure does have a sense of humour. @oluwakemine and @bosa do you want to bet that the streets of Lagos will still be crazy full that day? Naija!

You won’t believe what’s my excuse for not getting back to the gym. The loss of my iPhone  :dohh: . I can’t work out without music, I’m sorry  :nope: . So, until I replace the phone and get new workout gear, na zumba dancing be dat  :headspin:

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Well, we are Nigerians and anything is possible, I won’t be surprised if people still find their way to enjoy themselves, Ash Wednesday or not.

And are you for real, no music, no gym?  :haha:   :haha:   Well, soon enough, God will sort it all out Nicole @nicole

Bos
    Participant

@nicole if you join a class at the gym you don’t need your phone as the instructor plays his music for each lesson. However, you need a solid play list to run or use the gym solo. Since i run in the mornings, i have a great worship collection on my office phone which is Samsung, my running app is also on that phone. The running app also has a good playlist.

@oluwakemine of course the traffic will be epic. Nigerians must have their VALS oh :rofl: . Also note that Ash Wednesday is mainly observed by a few – Catholic, Anglicans, Methodists, Presbyterians, baptists.

Nicole
    Keymaster

@bosa, oh it does (re: the app’s playlist). Okay, I’ll check it out…because music is too important for my work out ohhhh, contrary to what @oluwakemine might think  :haha:

And yes, the more I think of it, the more I just know that February 14th is going to be a real and total MESS! I’ll go and get my ash first thing in the morning, and strive to be out of the island before 5pm. Past memories of Lagos traffic on that day lingering fresh in my mind  :wacko:

Oluwakemi
    Participant

:haha: :haha:

Lagos no dey carry last in that area so, leaving the Island early is a great idea oh @nicole.

Nicole
    Keymaster

February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine’s Day  :heart:   :heart:

Long time no update. So, I started a 3-day detox on Monday. Actually surprised that I didn’t fall off the wagon. Lost 1kg, so far so though not impressive, not too shabby. Tomorrow, and for the next 2 weeks, I will be on a fruits & low-portion diet…after which I’ll go on another round of KETO, sometime in mid-March.

E no easy!

Anyway, I have decided to face my shame and track how far I have to get to my target, hence the ticker. Wish me luck  :bodyb:   :bodyb:   :bodyb:

Oluwakemi
    Participant

:good: :good:   :good:   Way to go Nicole @nicole. It’s nice to have you back on the grind, not that you really left in the first place. Goodluck with the weight loss. :bodyb:   :bodyb:

I tried the three day detox too, last week with this same May Chills  and did I feel good? :angel: :angel: It was yummy all the way, even though I cheated with salads and indomie. I didn’t check my weight oh but my jeans were a bit loose. Job done, I will not come and disappear.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 385 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.