Trying to conceive over 35

TTC After 35 – Support Thread

This topic contains 33 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bos 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

Happy New Month, lovely ladies!

Decided to create this special thread for us ladies over a certain age. In case we want to talk about…well…grown women stuff¬† ūüėȬ† ūüėČ

Blowing us all plenty  :dust:   :dust: . May this new month come with PLENTY OF BLESSINGS & FAVOUR for us all!

Yvonne (@naaadzane), Omolara ( @dearlar), Pacy ( @pacy), Wumi ( @gunnerwumi), Chinny ( @chinny), Ifeanyichukwu (@daddysgirl), Yinka @amudalat,

Nicole
    Keymaster

Hello lovely ladies. I think it’s tiime we reignite our TTC over 35 thread, for those of us who might want to talk older mommy issues. I turn 41 this year, and am still trying to decide whether or not to go for it again¬† :cloud9:

Anyone over the age of 35, say I  :bye:   :bye:   :bye:

@mandykatynsk @bolanle @workingword @tkanoba @smiley @mswhite  @uchay  @fruitfuldamsel  @wunmiabi  @chibuzo  @amarapearl  @ucheo  @temit  @nonnoeswits  @marisa  @mummyt @elle   @beebee  @neni  @fertilelola @teeade22  @chibuzo  @gbemisola  @gaby @brown  @tommies  @omas  @hafeezah

@bosa, you know you’re kuku here by default¬† :rose:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Mayokun @mayokun , J Ozokem @sisiyellow and Oprah @oprah, I’m really sorry for missing your earlier posts. I was offline a lot for a while, but I’m fully back now. Please forgive me¬† :heart: ¬† :rose:

Oprah @oprah, did you still make it to Nigeria over the holidays? Were you able to check out the clinics? From what you stated, it does sound like an egg quality issue, and you#re correct that DEDA has a good track record with older women. What plans have you made now? Sending you loads of  :hugs:   :hugs:

J Ozokem¬†@sisiyellow¬†hun, I’m glad you made the decision to go the donor egg route. Did you decide on the clinic to use, etc.? So sorry this is so late. I promise to be better. As for the oldest age of a member on our platform, I would say about 49…well, at least of the ones who aren’t silent. Does this help? So sorry again¬† :hugs:

Mayokun¬†@mayokun¬†we’re glad to have you here¬† :hugs: ¬† :friends:

Oprah
    Participant

Hello Nicole, thanks for following up. Yes, I made it to Nigeria and spoke with the Director of Deda Clinic. After reviewing my previous cycles and medication doses, he suggested donor eggs. I had my post cycle review here with my own RE in January and he forwarded our case for team/departmental review. They will give us another shot on a different protocol. They will use our 1 frozen embryo with a fresh cycle. Before then, they want me to do some immunologic, genetic blood test, another hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy (my least favorite tests). After that, our results will be forwarded for insurance approval. Hopefully we can start our 4th cycle in May/June.

All the best to the other ladies in this group.

Oluwakemi
    Participant

cc: @nicole

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oh¬†Oprah¬†@oprah, I’m so glad to read this. I’m really happy that the doctors there have come up with a great plan, and even happier that your insurance will cover overseas treatment. That’s truly awesome!

So will you be in Nigeria for the entirety of the cycle?

Bos
    Participant

:hi: …..Present @nicole¬† ūüėČ

I paused my age in my head it seems, concerning this waiting game. If one doesn’t, one won’t have a happy moment. So lets live a little and enjoy ourselves while we wait!! Loads of routes to motherhood so let’s embrace one of them…. :yahoo:

:dust: :dust:

@mandykatynsk @bolanle @workingword @tkanoba @smiley @mswhite  @uchay  @fruitfuldamsel  @wunmiabi  @chibuzo  @amarapearl  @ucheo  @temit  @nonnoeswits  @marisa  @mummyt @elle   @beebee  @neni  @fertilelola @teeade22  @chibuzo  @gbemisola  @gaby @brown  @tommies  @omas  @hafeezah

Oluwakemi
    Participant

:haha: @paused my age in my head, it seems. Bos @bosa, this TTC business sha. Sending lots  :dust:   :dust:   your way.

FruitfulVine
    Participant

I’m trying to forget that I’ll be 36 by July and all the stories surrounding egg quality.

B-)

Nicole
    Keymaster

:haha:  @bosa girl, I so know what you mean :haha:

My bestie Chichi once paused her age in her head so tey oooooo, she almost forgot her age. The year we turned 35, she was convinced she was still 34  :rofl:

FruitfulVine
    Participant

That DEDA guy used to be my Dr. until i ported over to DIFF.

The man is good, though.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Fruitfulvine @fruitfuldamsel¬†hun, no shaking! In my own opinion, 36 is still young. Women my own age (40+) are getting pregnant no wahala, so my dear don’t even stress it.

Oh really? You used the DEDA guy? Why did you port?

FruitfulVine
    Participant

Hi Nicole, you know how it is with TTC women, when you hear it’s happening somewhere you just feel you need to check the place out, I’ve got files with DEDA, Fertiaid and DIFF. :haha:

I had a failed cycle with DIFF last December, I’m cycling with them again, tomorrow is actually my ER.

DEDA is very good but the guy money na die! So, i got a better deal with DIFF.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Fruitfulvine @fruitfuldamsel¬†I feel you dear. Na that same waka carry me go Nordica o, Omni o, Bridge o, Georges o :haha:. We TTC women…you gotta love us¬† :rose:

So sorry about your failed cycle dear. Yeah, I heard DEDA is pretty expensive. In Abuja in general, IVF is pretty pricey I’ve noticed. I’m glad you got a good deal at DIFF dear¬† :hugs:

Bos
    Participant

Fruitfulvine @fruitfuldamsel wishing you loads of juicy eggs and stickiness for transfer….

Goodluck :dust:   :dust:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.