Trying to Conceive Group

The February 2018 BFP Thread

This topic contains 40 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Oluwakemi 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

I sure do!!! It will be a great month, by the special grace of GOD! There will be a rain of   :bfp:   :bfp:   :bfp: . Good luck, gorgeous ladies  :cloud9:   :cloud9:

:bfp: :bfp:   Yimika @yimika

cc: @wunmiabi @shenny@ritak@tkanoba@sholabomi@kattyholz@kolawolebeatrice @diana  @mamaz @akosua  @yimika @smiley @sharonstone @bebe @bosa  @victoria1 @esteegee @nwadiuto @maur @chibuzo @geraldine @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Image result for February

Happy New Month ladies.  Welcome to the month of love. :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

Amen to the rain of  :bfp:   :bfp:   :bfp:

cc: @wunmiabi @shenny@ritak@tkanoba@sholabomi@kattyholz@kolawolebeatrice @diana  @mamaz @akosua  @yimika @smiley @sharonstone @iammrso @tkanoba @mommyjayjay @amakalizzy @viejenny @esteegee @fatimah

Mommy JayJay
    Participant

Amen. Happy and BFP-filled new month to everyone!

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Amen again. How are you doing Mommy JayJay @mommyjayjay? Have you  decided on what approach to adopt to your treatment?

Nicole
    Keymaster

AMEN, Mommy JayJay @mommyjayjay  :cloud9: :cloud9:

Did you get my email?

Mommy JayJay
    Participant

@nicole, No I didn’t get an email from you.

@oluwakemi, I am doing great. Thanks for asking. Yes, I spoke with my gynae. But she said my hubby needs to be around before I can proceed with the laparascopy. Sounds strange right? Yea!

She said I’ll be needing a support system.

So fingers crossed until May when hubby comes around.

P.S: Hubby is in Nig at the moment…I’m not.

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Image result for made in God's image

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. As you already know, we are fasting and praying today being a Tuesday. Before we pray, I would like us to reflect on the message found in this devotional from my favourites, Girlfriends in God:

In His Image

Today’s Truth

“He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver” Malachi 3:3 (NIV).

Friend To Friend

The story is told of a group of women who met each week to study the Bible, hoping to learn more about the nature and character of God and how He works in our lives. The women were puzzled and even a little troubled by the description of God they found in Malachi 3:3, “He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.” One of the women offered to do a little research on the subject and report back to the group at their next meeting.

The woman found a local silversmith and made an appointment to observe him at work, explaining that she was particularly interested in the process of refining silver. She watched as the craftsman carefully selected a piece of silver for his demonstration. She thought the piece of silver was already beautiful but evidently the silversmith saw something that she could not see. As he held the silver over the furnace, the craftsman explained that in refining silver, the silver had to be placed in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest so all of the impurities would be burned away.

The woman was silent for a moment as her thoughts drifted to the fiery trials she was facing in her own life. Honestly, she did not get it. Why would a loving God allow His children to suffer when He could so easily deliver them? In fact, why does God even allow bad things to happen to people who are seeking Him and really trying to live for Him?

The woman asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined. “Oh, yes!” he replied. “I cannot take my eyes off the silver. If it is left in the furnace even a moment too long, it will be destroyed.” The woman suddenly understood the beauty and comfort of Malachi 3:3, “He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.”

Yes, there are times when it seems as if we will be swallowed whole by the fires of Hell itself. The pain seems too hard to bear. The fear is paralyzing. The doubt is overwhelming.

Is God really who He says He is?

Will He really do what He says He will do?

Will He really keep His promises?

Our trials are not random persecutions. Heaven is not in a panic. Where we are and what we are going through is no surprise to God. We may be knocked down and kicked around by life, but if we have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, we will not be destroyed.

Our lives are filled with excess baggage and waste – a cherished sin we refuse to relinquish or an addiction to which we are enslaved. What about the emotional garbage that weighs us down or our unforgiving spirit that holds us prisoner? Fiery trials come to burn away the guilt of sin and then purify our heart. From those ashes of freedom, the Father then creates a work of beauty.

I believe the words I just wrote. I know and accept the truth that trials and hard times make me stronger and strengthen my faith, but there are times when I want it all to stop. I find myself asking, “How much is enough, Lord? How many trials do I have to endure? When will the pain and trouble end?”

“How do you know when the silver is fully refined?” the woman asked. The silversmith smiled and answered, “Oh, that’s easy. The refining process is complete when I can see my image reflected in the silver.”

God is not committed to our comfort. He is committed to our character. Only God can exchange the ashes of our sin for the beauty of His forgiveness and grace. God alone can replace our despair with His peace that passes all understanding. Hope can only be found in Him.

Let’s Pray (between 12 noon -12:15pm)

Father, I want to be more like You. Give me the strength to withstand the trials in my life. Help me love the people who are hard to love and forgive the people who have hurt and even abused me. Burn away the sin in my life and empower me to live for You. Create a clean heart in me, Lord, and teach me how to live for You in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

LORD, we believe You will fulfill every word You have spoken concerning our lives in Jesus’ name.

Lord, we  receive the power to be fruitful in Jesus’ name.

LORD, make us fruitful and release multiplication upon our lives and marriages in Jesus’ name.

Because the Scriptures cannot be broken and it clearly shows that you are a fruitful God, from Adam, the whole earth is filled, (please personalise) I cannot be childless or unfruitful in any area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen

Nicole
    Keymaster

Apologies, Mommy JayJay @mommyjayjay. It was another member I was referring to.

Nicole
    Keymaster

AMEN!

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Nicole  @nicole, its no longer a feeling oh, its really happening,  February is a good month.

Cngratulations Yimika  @yimika on your  :bfp:   :bfp: It still feels surreal :cloud9:   :cloud9: but mehn…I like the feeling. This is just so great. 

cc: @wunmiabi @shenny@ritak@tkanoba@sholabomi@kattyholz@kolawolebeatrice @diana  @mamaz @akosua  @yimika @smiley @sharonstone @iammrso @tkanoba @mommyjayjay @amakalizzy @viejenny @esteegee @fatimah @kate @pearl @bosa

yimika
    Participant

Thank you so much @oluwakemine. The lord is faithful.God bless you all for the support and prayers so far.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Yimikaaaaaaaaa  :wohoo:   :wohoo:   :wohoo:

This is the best news ever!!! Soooo happy for you, Yimika @yimika hun  :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

This is wonderful news!  :yahoo:   :yahoo:

yimika
    Participant

@nicole and @oluwakemine Thank you so much for being there too,I really appreciate you ladies. God bless you and continue to answer your prayers.

Oluwakemi
    Participant

God bless you too Yimika @yimika :heart:   :heart: Remember to take thing easy oh.

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Image result for prayer and fasting

Prayers changes a man

“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” James 5:16b (NIV)

This past week, I have heard two testimonies of men, whose minds have been changed, thanks to the fervent prayers of their wives. These men moved from being strong opponents of certain fertility treatments to being open to explore different treatments. It was like magic and a  major breakthrough for their wives. For that we can’t thank God enough.

As these testimonies followed one another, I couldn’t help but think about other TTC moms, who are having a hard time convincing their husbands about certain treatments and I was inspired to pray for them and I would like us to agree in prayer with these mommas today.

Let’s pray (we pray between 12 noon -12:15pm):

Dear Lord, I pray for —-(add your DH’s name), that you give him a heart of  flesh. Let his heart be open to different treatment options.  Grant him peace and empathy to feel what I feel, and see our situation, the way you see it. 

Help him to see the path, you have carved out for us to get to the promise land.

We also thank you Lord for the double  :bfp:   :bfp:   blessings we received yesterday.  :yahoo:   :yahoo:  

We thank you Father for all of our mommas, who are going through one fertility treatment or the other and we are prayerfully hoping that it will all end in praise.

Father, we also ask that You fill our hearts with Your love. Amen.

cc: @wunmiabi @shenny@ritak@tkanoba@sholabomi@kattyholz@kolawolebeatrice @diana  @mamaz @akosua  @yimika @smiley @sharonstone @iammrso @tkanoba @mommyjayjay @amakalizzy @viejenny @esteegee @fatimah @kate @pearl @bosa @nicole

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.