Pregnancy Group

The American Baby Thread!

This topic contains 180 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Oluch 5 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)
  • Author

Bos
    Participant

@nicole Yayyyy Houston should be fun, it won’t be too cold…..Goodluck ladies….. :good: :hug:

Oluch
    Participant

@nicole, I am thinking of going to Houston or California. I am considering using Zircon but not Sir if they r credible. Nicole what’s ur arrangement with them?

Nicole
    Keymaster

@bosa my dear oh. And I’ll be with the hubby anyways, so someone to keep me warm  😉  :wedding:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oluch ( @oluch ) hun, I chose them after speaking/chatting with almost all the Agencies. I found her more forthcoming and she also lives in the U.S., which gave me more comfort. I just relied on my gut instinct with her really…and I’m hoping for the best :yes: :good: .

Houston and California are good choices. Do you have family in either town? Are you travelling alone?

Oluch
    Participant

@nicole, thanks for your response. I don’t ve anyone in Houston nor California. I intend to go with my mum.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oluch ( @oluch ) that’s a very good travel companion hun. Nobody like a mother. Let us know when you decide something  :cloud9:

Nicole
    Keymaster

UPDATE

So, I just sent my 1st scan and Nuchal scan reports to Houston Northwest Medical Centre, and awaiting an appointment date from them. Looking at mid-December.

It’s all getting real now  :yahoo:

Bee247
    Participant

Happy for you @nicole please every1 how did u guys get your hospital/doctors correspondence. I’d settle for NC and pay d plenty Money cos I most likely would travel alone plus birth cost in Houston is low but I’d still have to factor in accommodation for like 3months, feeding n probably few furnitures like mattress. I hear some of those one room apartments come empty. I’m looking to travel end of dec.

Oluch
    Participant

Hi everyone, I have a few questions concerning visa application.

1. Do u think applying along side my mum can help at visa interview? My husband feels they will grant me visa considering d fact that my mum will be there to care for me since I don’t ve any family in d US .

2. My husband is my sponsor, I don’t know how it plays out at d interview. Am I to hold his acct statements and other of his documents.

3. Can I get correspondences from Dr and hospital for d purpose of visa and change them when I get there.

Thanks

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks dearest Bee247 ( @bee247 ).

I feel you on the accommodation costs adding up. What’s your budget otherwise though? I don’t know where you’ve been getting information about apartments, but those on Air BnB are most surely furnished. Ha, how can one rent a bare apartment in this state? Abi they want us to burst into tears or what. LOL. I could help you check 1-bed options in Houston and LA and share the links here, if you let me know what your budget is.

Travelling end of December is good, as it gives you enough time to work out the required logistics.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oluch ( @oluch ) hun, how are you today? I’ve tried to answer your questions, but the other ladies can also weigh in:

1. Applying with your Mom could be a good idea, especially if you have all your documentation with you (with respect to ability to pay bills, etc.). It might actually play in your favour if you demonstrate there is someone to look after you.
    2. If your husband is your sponsor, yep, you have to take his statements and, if he is employed, proof of employment and all that. They might not ask for them, but then again, they might.
    3. On the one hand, I would say this could be possible. By correspondence, I’m guessing e-mails and the like. Until money exchanges hands, nothing is set in stone, so you could always say you changed your mind.

I hope this helps.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Xtie ( @emeka ) dear, just checking on you. How are you?  Have you left for LA yet? Sending you  :hugs:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Ayotunde (@ayobad) dear, how are you doing? Long time no hear from you. Have you decided on what clinic to use now? Looks like I’ll also be using HNWMC  :yes: . When do you leave for the States?

Bee247
    Participant

Thanks @nicole.

i honestly do not wish to spend above 10,000 in total. Hoping for unmedicated birth as well all things been equal. I’d appreciate the links and how to establish contact with hospitals. Thanks

mumy Ruth
    Participant

Hi Nicole hi ladies been a while. …. please I need help in area of accommodation and hospital. .. I had MD in mind but so far I guess they are rather to expensive. … my all in budget lies around 10000… my friend in MD doesn’t seem to know much abt US deliveries… am confused. .. I am travelling alone in fact am a bit jittery in all .

Secondly I want to know when I can send the change of intention letter to the US embassy. .. cos I renewed my US visas with the intention of attending a conference in MD… please share possible POE questions with some with the above letter.

Lastly would like to know how to book my ticket… is it the duration on my stay?

Trust you doing good dear :hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.