Pregnancy Group

The American Baby Thread!

This topic contains 180 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Oluch 5 hours, 15 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 181 total)
  • Author

Ameera M.
    Participant

Yayyyyyyy @nicole i intend to use HNWMC as well…even though a part of me is still keeping the Virginia/Maryland option open. Where will you be staying in Houston have you sorted out accommodation?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks Bee247 ( @bee247 ) hun. I’ll surely keep you posted. My agent just sent me a draft letter to write to the embassy, which I’ll share here as well. Any info I get, my people will surely get  :hugs:   :hugs:

Na wa oh. I didn’t think NC would be so expensive. Are there any other states you might consider?

Nicole
    Keymaster

My dear Ameera ( @beautifulameera ), it’s Air BnB for us oh. My agent has sent me a few links for some apartments, and some look good. Looking at a 2-bed, since both my DH and my mom will be there. What do you have in mind?

Ameera M.
    Participant

@nicole 2 bed is not a bad idea…after i posted earlier, i searched Nairaland and found a few apartments 3-5 minutes from the hospital and Dr. Xydas office.

Country club apartment homes and champion courts apartments are within 3-5 minutes drive and 10minutes walk. Other options i saw on there are Copper lodge, Wyndham apartments and Rock creed at hollow tree. Price wise they are between $700-$1250 i believe, i haven’t finished doing my research on accommodation.

I will definitely check air bnb as well.

Nicole
    Keymaster

@beautifulameera it sounds good but be careful of some of these apartments. Make sure you see pictures and be double sure it is as they advertise. 2+ months is a long time to be uncomfortable.

Looking forward to seeing you in Houston 😉

Nicole
    Keymaster

Here is the sample letter to the embassy:

Notification of Change in Travel Plans

Dear Team,

I am writing to notify the embassy of a change in my travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which was obtained for a family vacation. I am now pregnant and we have decided to have our baby in the USA.

I have made proper arrangements by contacting a hospital and a doctor in the USA for this purpose and have adequate finances to cover all expenses.

I understand that my visa covers for the purpose but would like to request that you kindly update my records to reflect this change in travel plans. My passport number is XXXXX.

Kindly advise if there is any other thing I would need to know before embarking on my trip.

Best Regards,

Updated with e-mail address: LagosNIV@state.gov

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Nicole.

Nicole
    Keymaster

@adetola dear, the sample letter is above.

Favour
    Participant

Congratulations in advance @nicole..God be with you..Amen!

Favour
    Participant

Dear @nicole,

Thank you for sharing a sample of Letter to the embassy.

Please i intend to submit mine tomorrow..Is there a designated email address,or i have to submit a hard copy in person?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks @soso :hugs:

Nicole
    Keymaster

@adetola and @soso, I have just updated the post with the e-mail address.

Oluch
    Participant

Hi everyone, it feels good to be here. I am new and hope it will be insightful.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Welcome to our family, Oluch ( @oluch ) hun :friends: . Are you expecting? Are you planning on having your baby in America?

Oluch
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks @ Nicole. Yes, I am planning to have my baby in the US by God’s grace.</p>

Nicole
    Keymaster

That’s great Oluch ( @oluch ). Have you decided on a location?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.