Pregnancy Group

The American Baby Thread!

This topic contains 180 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Oluch 5 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 181 total)
  • Author

Xtie
    Participant

@nicole thanks dear am not going for the wic. The Emirates experience was nice but I advice u have your change of clothes n shower stuff in your hand luggage so you can shower while you await your connecting flight. Cos I did 3 hours there at the airport.  My experience with the hospital I went to yesterday wasn’t encouraging so am canceling my appointment cos they said I will be paying $300 per each dr’s visit n the entire cost will be revealed close to delivery period. So I don’t even have an idea what am going for , so my friend in California advised I search on google for obgyn around me n make my enquiries by calling them n then make my choice. Am still open for ideas from anyone in the house on this issue, am in brockton to be precise. Thanks

Xtie
    Participant

@nicole they asked for my medical report and fit to fly though from my hospital which I had on me cos I was 31weeks gone.

Bos
    Participant

Congratulations @oye1  God bless her richly…

@jasmine great tip!!! No matter how it is “doing” you oh Ambulance is a no no, $1k is even good, i have heard more. My friend suffered this, because she went in as emergency, do you know her plan with the hospital was thrown out the window? They billed her completely different from what was agreed. Lots of letters, calls and negotiations she ended up paying about 12k from 20k initial. Meanwhile her original plan with the hospital was about 5-7k.

@emeka Great stuff!! We bless God for favour, so glad all went smoothly. Wishing you easy delivery.  As they say, the POE is the real determinant and not the visa. Good you were open with them to avoid any confusion. I pray for favour for all the other mummies, May you all encounter people who will favour you…. :angel:

Bee247
    Participant

Can you imagine? This is what I’m trying to avoid by using agents though sometimes there are hidden charges they don’t tell you about till you get to the hospital. Paying over 100k naira for each appointment!! Please google other options I’m praying you get a deal.

Ameera M.
    Participant

Hi Ladies, I plan to travel at 32 weeks…when is the best time to travel?

Favour
    Participant

This is so encouraging.

Congratulations Xtie (@emeka),i’m set to travel in 2 weeks.Please which airport did you?My sis inlaw discouraged me from entering through Newyork. And from your explanations,you seem not to have paid your medical bills at all?If this is correct kindly throw more light.

Xtie
    Participant

@favour yes I didn’t make any payment had my cash with me once is more than $5k. You are good to go. I used Logan international airport Boston

Xtie
    Participant

@ameera M 32 weeks is ok to fly by most airline but you have to show your fit to fly and medical report Friday

Favour
    Participant

@xtie thanks for your heads up..I appreciate.  :hug:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Tie ( @emeka ), thanks for the advise hun. I just have to weigh this Emirates vs Air France thing in better detail :scratch: . And please, look for another hospital fast. That is way too much for appointments. Kilode! I’ll also be on the lookout for you.

Bos ( @bosa ), I would have just fainted if I was your friend. From 5-7k to 20k  :argh: . Mehn, na to pray that one has no need for their ambulance true true. And AMEN to your prayers hun  :heart:

Amber ( @beautifulameera ) as long as it doesn’t exceed 34 weeks, I think you’re fine to fly. I also hope to travel at about 32 weeks  :yes:

Xtie
    Participant

@nicole thanks dear. Boston is so so expensive got 12k and 18k seems I will go to L.A. got family there and better deal.

Bee247
    Participant

@xtie same as NC! Damn too expensive. Cheapest Ticket in dec alone is 757k. It’s frustrating. LA is what range for hospitals?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Tie ( @emeka ) whaaaaat?! That’s way too expensive. But I think those are the typical prices around that area. I know even Maryland has similar rates. L.A will be way better for you. But chai! So you will now enter plane again! Sending you hugs hun  :hugs:

Bee247 ( @bee247 ), L.A. prices are the 4 – 6k range.

Nicole
    Keymaster

As for me, it’s looking like I’m off to Houston oh  :plane: . Houston Northwest Hospital to be precise. Formally engaged an agent (Zircon), and it’s looking like we’re good to go. Pray for me oooooo

Bee247
    Participant

All the best dearie @nicole it shall end in praise. Keep us posted for those of us that would like to follow suit. Still looking for location. Not getting anything below 13k in NC.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.