Pregnancy Group

The American Baby Thread!

This topic contains 82 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ameera M. 4 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author

Xtie
    Participant

What about the POE question?

Nicole
    Keymaster

It’s definitely always better to let them at POE know what you’re there for. Saying otherwise could see them stamping you in for a shorter period. This happened to my friend and she had to spend over $1k for a lawyer to help her extend it.

But the issue is you have to convince them you’ll be gone as soon as the baby arrives. If your baby is due on the 22nd, that gives you just about 2 weeks and I’m not sure it’s enough time.

Bos
    Participant

@emeka that;s cutting it too close and giving them room to disturb you. You know you can renew your visa by dropbox sometime in October and put a Jan/feb visit period in your application.

Agreed the POE may give you 6 months but with a dec validity, they could also give you a month to cover that. Either way at this rate, you have to declare the intent at POE so as to avoid delays, yes you can plan to be out of there in no time but there can always be delays. Some counties take long to process Birth certificate etc.

@beautifulameera LOL at the economist oh. MD has always been quite expensive, in 2010 my bill was about 15-18k so yea. I was told it was more expensive ‘cos it was paid by company insurance however cash paying patients were just 2-3k less. So i always knew Houston would be the go-to for next baby.

Wishing you lot of strength, easy delivery and God’s mercy….. :baby:   :cloud9:

Xtie
    Participant

hmmmm by Oct will I stil be able to fly?

Xtie
    Participant

@nicole thanks alot for being a darling and @bos thanks thanks alot, the one month extension you talked about how does it work. I usually travel with the kids n hubby but this time am going alone, so am definitely coming back plus my work too. Thanks all.

Nicole
    Keymaster

@emeka hun, so sorry I missed this. I didn’t see your last post. If I remember correctly, my colleague had to engage a Lawyer there to help her with extending her stay by a few months. She went to have her baby but they stamped her in for only 4 weeks at POE. Ask your sister if she knows a good lawyer who can do it for you…just in case.

Most definitely you’ll come back hun, but the baby might not be able to fly until he/she is 4 weeks old. Some people do 3 weeks, but I strongly don’t advise it  :nope:

Oye
    Participant

Hello Ladies,

It’s a girl!!!! Mother and daughter are doing okay.

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Jasmine
    Participant

Congratulations @oye1 God be praised. :yahoo:

Welcome little one.

@nicole, nice reading through this thread. How are you doing and hope you are having a smooth sail? :rose:

Just thought to add a caveat for those intending to birth in America, as much as lies in your power NEVER CALL AN AMBULANCE WHEN IN LABOUR. If you can call an Uber taxi or have someone drop you off or you check into the hospital quite early.

A friend called the ambulance and regrets because a bill of 1,000usd was sent her after delivery. Wishing you all a safe delivert :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Awwww, HUGE CONGRATS Oye @oye1 hun  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Welcome to the world, Princess  :pink:   :heart:   :cloud9: . May you be blessed all your days!!!

Nicole
    Keymaster

@jasmine my sister ooooo, thanks for the heads up  :hugs: . The same thing happened to my friend. She paid through her nose  :wacko:   :wacko:

Nicole
    Keymaster

And I’m doing great, @jasmine hun. Thanks so much for asking  :heart:   :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Welcome to our thread, Foma ( @foma ) hun  :friends:   :hugs:

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Nicole.

Bee247
    Participant

Does anyone have idea how much it cost to give birth in North Carolina or any hospital contact there? I see a lot of Houston here. @nicole any idea?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Welcome to our thread, @bee247  :friends: . I’ll check to see if North Carolina was included in any of the info packs I got from agents, but I don’t personally know of any. I recently got one for Roanoke, Virginia though.

Is that where you have family?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Ladies, you need to get in here!!!

A wonderful member of our community shared this in the comment section of our blog post on giving birth abroad, in El Paso, Texas specifically. Check it out. Very affordable!

Doctores Para Ti

My only issue. El Paso is like 10 hours from Houston oooo. And 9 hours from Dallas. When I saw that I was like  :argh: . There are also like a million connections to get there. But the price is extremely attractive, I must say  :yes:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.