Pregnancy Group

The American Baby Thread!

This topic contains 82 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ameera M. 4 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

Awww bless! That’s my wedding anniversary, Xtie ( @emeka:wedding: . Your baby is a blessed baby indeed  :cloud9:   :cloud9:

Xtie
    Participant

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww…..thanks love and congrats in advance. Joy and laughter will never cease in your home.

Ayotunde
    Participant

Hiya,

Did some small research for Hospital in Houston, please find the details below;

• Hospital Name: Houston northwest medical centre (HNWMC). They have a program called Miracle Moments. Miracle Moments is a self- pay maternity program, which discounts the bill for patients with no maternity coverage. Two Day Vaginal Delivery $2000.00 Facility Fee only, Anesthesia $650.00 if pre-paid. All other physician fees are separate. (Twin additional $350.00). Three Day C-section $3500.00 Facility Fee only, Anesthesia $750.00 if pre-paid. All other physician fees are separate. (Twin additional 400.00). Pathology fees also billed separately. To call them: 281-440-2131 or 281-440-2102 between 9:00 am and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, to schedule an appointment.
    • Doctor: You can choose any doctor affiliated with the hospital. I spoke to someone at Dr. Nicolas Xydas Women’s Center. Using google maps, it is not far from the hospital. this is the info I got. their phone no: 281-583-8674

Sorry for the long post :bye:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Amen!!! Thanks so much, Xtie ( @emeka:heart:   :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Wowzers!!! This is AMAZING!!! Thanks so much for sharing, Ayotunde (@ayobad:heart:   :heart:

Hmmm, isss like this Houston could become an option for me oooo :haha:

Ameera M.
    Participant

Thank you so much @ayobad this info is well detailed and came in timely. HNWMC is definitely one of my options for Houston as well as Oakbend clinic and Bentaub. Do you have family in Houston or will you be renting accommodation?

@nicole you should definitely consider Houston..loll

Maryland is now a no no for me virginal delivery is about $13K all inclusive and CS is about $15K all inclusive…i haven’t considered flight tickets and baby shopping being a FTM…Naaaa the economist in  me cant just spend that much

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  Ameera M..

Ayotunde
    Participant

You are welcome :hugs: Ameera (@beautifulameera) was considering Oakbend o, till I saw their new prices was 2750 for vaginal and 3950 for CS before ooo. Yeah, i have family to stay with, the option of renting is at the back of my head somewhere…lol. My account will determine…lol. Whats Ben Taub pricing lik?

Ameera M.
    Participant

@ayobad wow @ their new prices… does this price include the doctor’s fee and every other thing in between or this is just the hospital bill ?

I haven’t contacted Bentaub yet a relative just mentioned them.

Ayotunde
    Participant

Nicole
    Keymaster

Ayotunde (@ayobad), thanks for the info hun. That’s one of the reasons why I opted for an agent. All the so-called good hospitals in Houston that I called, Oakland inclusive, where so expensive. And minus other fees oh! Ha! Unless they haven’t incorporated the early-pay and cash-pay discounts. That would be the only logical explanation. Right now, HNWMC is looking more and more like it  :good:

Ameera ( @beautifulameera ), I know right  :haha: . DH will likely be coming along with me now, and with 2 of us going (BEFORE my Mom still comes oh), saving money is key! And oh boy, Houston is looking more and more attractive every day  :plane:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oh, and Ayotunde (@ayobad), unless your family in Houston is like mega-close family (siblings or extremely close cousins), I would strongly suggest renting a place, if you can afford it. Take it from me. I’m talking from experience  :yes:

Xtie
    Participant

@nicole pls I have some questions bothering me..should I declare to the POE that am coming to have my baby?

My US visa expires dec this year and am travelling this month n EDD is Nov. ..hope am save?

Xtie
    Participant

*safe!

Nicole
    Keymaster

Xtie ( @emeka ) hun, that’s cutting it really close. When in December does your visa expire and when do you plan to return home?

Xtie
    Participant

Once am done with baby documentation am heading home …expiring Dec 6

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.