Pregnancy Group

The American Baby Thread!

This topic contains 180 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Oluch 6 hours, 6 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

Adetola ( @adetola ) hun, you’re already a member  :friends: . I’ll put up your special ticker right away!

Oye
    Participant

@nicole, that’s mostly what I am doing. Bingeing on Netflix. Eating good food though I can’t seem to gain the little weight my doctor recommends.

This pregnancy ehn,  lost 10kg in the first 3 weeks after I found out and I am still on minus.

I have been alternating. Strong one day, tired the next. Sleep is a struggle. Has been throughout this journey. Constipation is another struggle. Not complaining sha, who am I to complain?

Abeg, is procrastination a symptom too. Can’t seem to get a move on anything. I am tired for myself.🙈

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oye (@oye1) hun, keep eating good food and resting. Do your best…that’s what matters. You and baby will be fine :cloud9:

And here I am already +10kg at 15 weeks  :dohh:

And girrrrl, I feel you on that constipation. I’m SO not looking forward to that. Mine was so bad…and the heartburn again….lawdy! That’s why when everyone was like I should wait a few more days for the girls’ birthday to be 11-11-11, I was like HELLLLL NAAAAA! Pregnancy towards the end can be a real struggle. But God is your strength!

As for the procrastination, just do a little bit every day. Throw in even if its one item to your bag every day…or have a dedicated hour for online shopping. A little at a time helps. Take it from a former Procrastinator  :haha:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Xtie ( @emeka ), welcome to our family  :friends: . We’re glad you found us.

In answer to your questions:

1. Must i inform the embassy cos am using a tourist visa – I‘m still trying to work this one out. Some say yes, and some say no. Worst case, sending an email won’t hurt, especially if there is the slim chance it will be of help at POE
    2. Any info on affordable hospital at Boston? I have accomodation already. – I don’t have any info, but maybe someone else here on the thread will. When are you due? Boston can get pretty cold.
    3. What is Doctor’s hospital all about? – Doctors Hospital that we referenced in this thread is a hospital in Augusta, Georgia.

I hope this helps  :cloud9:

Xtie
    Participant

Thanks so muchfor the prompt response, am due nov but travelling next month

Nicole
    Keymaster

That’s so wonderful, Xtie ( @emeka ) hun. Just around the corner. As you’re so far gone, have your relatives in Boston suggested any hospitals to you at all?

Xtie
    Participant

Yea…i have a sister there. Yea has given me some though they want to see me 1st b4  more discusion on the bills

Nicole
    Keymaster

Xtie ( @emeka ), that’s great that your sister is there. At least you can be sure of being well taken care of  :heart:

And I can understand why the hospital would want to evaluate you first before giving you specific pricing information. But did they at least give you a ball park amount?

Xtie
    Participant

You can say that again dear.

They didn’t give me any amount only took my information and my sister’s. If am asked at POE, they will call them and they will confirm my appointment

Nicole
    Keymaster

Xtie ( @emeka ) dear, then all is sorted then. As long as they don’t spring an amount that’s way outside your budget, I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Just be prepared for the cold ohhhhhh  :cold:   :cold:   :cold:

Xtie
    Participant

My dear….am not even taking any clothes from here will sort myself out my sis already told me that the cold wil start next month as am coming.

I pray they don’t give me bill way above my budget…that’s why I choose a health centre.

The ogi you were talking about, choose I take from here n freeze up so it will stil be fresh in Nov?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Xtie ( @emeka ), I’ll definitely advise taking ogi from here. When I had my girls, my Mom brought some ogi from Nigeria, but it wasn’t enough, so I had to buy from some African stores there in Atlanta. Oh boy…the thing wowo no be small  :sick:

Definitely better to take from here, as I don’t even know if they even have African stores in Boston.

Xtie
    Participant

Thanks dear will do exactly. Someone told me I must declare up $5,000 cash at POE to proof I can afford my bills since my hospital insist I must come for assessment before Bill?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Xtie ( @emeka ) dear, that just might be correct. Either that or receipts that show some of sort of downpayment with the hospital. I know that POE documentation can be pretty extensive. That’s why I want to engage an agent this time.

If you haven’t left before my agent gives me tips, I’ll be sure to share them with you.

What’s your exact due date, so we can include you in our ticker fun?

Xtie
    Participant

Will appreciate that. Am due nov 22.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.