Pregnancy Group

The American Baby Thread!

This topic contains 82 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ameera M. 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author

Oye
    Participant

Hello All, currently in the States. Texas to be exact. Having your mum will be wonderful. Please make sure there prices include pediatrician and anesthesiologist fees. For CS, the anesthesiologist fee to is being charged separately.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Adetola ( @adetola ) dear, with respect to your questions. I’m still trying to investigate the necessity of notifying the embassy, as I only just recently heard about it. The only reason why I’m considering it is because I heard it could help with POE. But I’ll let you know dear. With my twins, I didn’t notify them and had no issues renewing my visa.

And no, you don’t necessarily have to use an agent. I just found that these agents seem to have better pricing from hospitals than when you source direct. But I’m also carrying out my own independent investigation, and might not use them at the end of the day. As for POE documentation, all you really need is evidence of your ability to fund your treatment and fend for yourself really. I find that paying in advance for your medicals helps a lot.

How much are you paying at Doctors Hospital?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Awww, glad you made it, Oye (@oye1:hugs: . Hope you’re settling in nicely and getting ready for baby. Are you in Houston, Dallas or San Antonio?

Yeah, the fees are supposedly all-in, according to the Agents. Trust me, I asked :haha: . I know only too well of these hidden expenses and these guys gave a breakdown of all these costs, which I summed in the table  :yes:

Oye
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks Nicole, I am in San Antonio. Settled in nicely.</p>
    Yes, you get a discount for paying Doctor’s fees early. Mine was before or at 28 weeks.  I got a 30% discount. For hospital fees, they also have prompt pay prices( cheaper than insurance òr long pay prices).

I notified the embassy before coming.  They responded saying it wasn’t necessary but I had heard it was better to do so.

Adetola
    Participant

Nicole (@Nicole) thanks for the quick response.

I would appreciate it if you let me know after finding out.

Doctors hospital charge $3500 for vaginal delivery and $6500 for C/S. Is the price fair enough? What again are the hidden expenses apart from doctor’s fee? I’m asking coz I know you have experience about it. Thanks

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oye (@oye1), thanks so much for the info. Early payment is always the better way to go. I’m glad you got some great discounts. Do you mind sharing what your fees came to in the end?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Adetola ( @adetola ), those prices seem fair, especially for Georgia. But don’t forget you also have to factor in such additional costs as:

• Doctor’s fee
    • Paediatrician’s fee
    • Anaesthesia
    • Lab Tests (this is sometimes incorporated into the hospital fee…and sometimes not)

Nicole
    Keymaster

So…update from me. I might be going to Dallas at the end of the day  :plane: . Here’s why…

My heart was initially set on LA, because the medical fees were attractive, and so were travel logistics. But my family was like  :negative: , because I have no family there.

They wanted me to go to Atlanta, where I can’t throw a stone without it hitting it anyone. Even though I’ll be renting my own accommodation, they want me somewhere I’ll be know people. For some reason, Atlanta hasn’t been making me excited…medical fees are way more expensive and I just haven’t had the warmest, fuzziest of feelings.

Soooo….I was doing some scooping today and found out that Dallas is a good in-between. Medical fees, though more expensive than LA are cheaper than Atlanta. Travel isn’t bad, and I have a few close friends there. Again, I’ll be renting but I guess its good to know they’re there if I need them.

I’ll marinate over this for the rest of the month, before I make my final decision  :yes:

Oye
    Participant

@nicole, almost $10,000. And that’s based on getting discounts on Pediatrician fee and anaesthesia too.

Houston probably has more competitive prices and this is for CS due to a previous myomectomy.

Vaginal delivery will be at least $2k to 2k5 cheaper

Adetola
    Participant

@nicole thank you very much. I sincerely appreciate

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oye (@oye1), I’m not surprised it is a bit more expensive than other Texas locations. I’m also having to opt for CS, due to a past myomectomy and, of course, my previous c-section. At the end of the day, San Antonio is an awesome location and if you’re happy with the hospital, then that’s what really matters. I reckon you have close family there? I have a close friend in San Antonio, and if it weren’t for travel logistics (I really don’t want a location I’ll have to connect several times to get there), it just might have been an option  😉 .

How many weeks were you when you travelled though? Did you travel alone?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Adetola ( @adetola ), you’re very welcome  :hugs: . Would you like to join our pregnancy group? What’s your EDD so we can create a special ticker for you :cloud9: .

Oye
    Participant

@nicole, yes I am with family. I had been registered here for a few years.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I travelled at 31 weeks and alone.</p>
    its been good so far.🙂🙂🙂

Adetola
    Participant

@nicole my EDD is December 27th, will like to join the group, pls how do I join?

Nicole
    Keymaster

That’s perfect, Oye (@oye1:cloud9:   :cloud9: . Nothing better than being with family!  :heart: . Keep resting and gathering your energy for when the baby arrives. Stay in your room all day long, watching TV. That’s what I did back in the day :haha: . And what I intend to do now :haha: :haha:

How are you feeling though? Baby will be here in only a matter of weeks! Are you strong and bouncy? Weak and tired? I had the girls at 37 weeks and know how I felt with them. But then again, they were twins, so I’m hoping I won’t be as  :sleep:   :sleep: as I was with them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.