Pregnancy Group

The American Baby Thread!

This topic contains 180 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Oluch 5 hours, 53 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 181 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

So I decided to create a thread for mommies like me, thinking of having their babies in America. I had my girls there in 2011, and documented my experience in this article; My Yankee Baby – 13 Things You Need To Know About Giving Birth in America.

Anyways, here I am, 7 years later…and pregnant again  :haha: . But this time, I just didn’t have the strength to start shopping around for hospital prices abeg. So I decided to check out some of these birth service agencies, and apart from a few rude ones I encountered (*cue side eye), I found that a lot of them have some interesting prices again.

So, since there is joy in sharing, I will be uploading some of the prices in the thread. I’ll keep the agencies anonymous though (nobody is paying me for free advertising  :haha: ), but if anyone wants their details, I’ll share via private message or email…or something.

Note that the accommodation prices listed are shared ooooo! Me personally, I don’t do shared. So I have opted for AirBnB instead. If you want your own private accommodation and want to at least see where you will be laying your head, I’ll advise you go for them. Prices are reasonable, you can get the type of accommodation you want and where you want it. But if you don’t mind sharing, by all means, take advantage of the excellent packages these guys are offering.

I’ll be sharing from the top 3 ones I spoke with. Here goes…

cc: Tommy (@tommies), Yimika (@yimika), Seun (@oluwaseun), Ayotunde (@ayobad), Oye (@oye1), Falil ( @falil ), Amina ( @ucheo ), Nnenna ( @nina ), Jaykay ( @jaykay ), Dawn ( @dawnm ), Koyabride ( @koyabride ), Chevvy ( @chevvy3 ), Bos ( @bosa ), Linda ( @ldike)

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Nicole.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Nicole
    Keymaster

Dawn
    Participant

@nicole ….please add Canada. So one can compare and contrast. Thanks

Nicole
    Keymaster

Dawn ( @dawnm ) dear, I don’t have the info now, but will try to get it from the Agents.

Ayotunde
    Participant

thank you! Nicole (@nicole) :hugs: . was going to go with an agent before, only to hear it is shared apartment. hubby didnt agree. just tired now, lol

Ameera M.
    Participant

Hi @nicole i am really excited about this thread to share ideas because i have already started doing my research on birthing in America, i have close family in Maryland and Newyork but the prices i have gotten thus far in these 2 states are :wacko:

I am also doing my research on birthing in Texas as the prices there seem reasonable. i have shortlisted a few affordable clinics for anyone interested. The challenge is i don’t have close family Houston to help out.

@nicole which state did you have you previous babies and which state are you looking to go to now.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Ayotunde (@ayobad) hun, you don’t have to use their accommodation package oh. You can always make your own arrangements. What state are you looking at?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Ameera ( @beautifulameera ) hun, yes New York and Maryland prices are a bit steep.

As for where to go, my dear, I’m still torn oh. All my heart wants to go to LA. Hospital is cheaper! Air fare is cheaper! But the only catch is I have only 1 family friend in the town whom I’m not super close to. But that isn’t an issue for me oh. After all, I’m getting my own place. But it seems to be a big issue for everyone else around me  :wacko:   :dohh: . They all want me to go to Atlanta, which is way more expensive. Yes, I have a village of people I know in Atlanta, but so what?! I’m still thinking about it jooor. I might still end up going to LA  :plane:

So I guess you can tell that having people in a location isn’t a deal breaker for me. Are you travelling with anyone? If you are, going to Houston or LA might not be a bad idea :yes:

Ayotunde
    Participant

Nicole (@nicole) dear, looking at Houston. when do u advise one buys ticket, I mean how many weeks. Have got options for accommodation, at the same time i am thinking of getting somewhere cos staying that long in someone’s house….i don’t know if i am so comfy with the idea lol

Nicole
    Keymaster

Ameera ( @beautifulameera ) hun, just saw your other question. I had the girls in Augusta, Georgia.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Ayotunde (@ayobad) dear, if you’re not close to whomever the Houston option is, my dear, take it from me, you might be better off getting your own place. I stayed with my supposed ‘close friend’ back in 2011 when I had the girls. My dear, never EVER again :negative:   :negative: !

But it’s not always bad, especially if you’re sure your host won’t go all   :muaha: on you. My friend had a great experience with who she stayed with. You just need to be extra sure.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Adetola ( @adetola ) dear, so sorry for the late reply. It’s been another rough few days for me  :sleep:

Awww, Augusta. Nice memories  :cloud9: . I heard about Doctors Hospital and that it’s nice, but I didn’t use them, so I can’t say for sure. But from what I hear, it’s a good hospital. As per how soon to travel, how soon CAN you travel? How much time do you get off work? I don’t advise anything after 32 weeks. I travelled at 26 weeks the first time, but will have to travel later this time…like 30-32 weeks.

As for going with your mother…ABSOLUTELY! Your husband might be hands on and helpful, but you will appreciate your mother’s presence there more. Trust me. If your hubby can also come later, awesome, but if you have the opportunity to go with your Mom…please TAKE IT!

I used my visiting visa the first time and intend to do the same this time. And so did almost all my close friends. I have a friend who e-mailed the embassy near the time (a ‘Change of Intention’ or something like that), so that she could show them at POE that she had notified the embassy. I just might do the same this time as well. Haven’t decided yet. But yeah, you can use your B1/B2 visa. I’ll keep you posted on if I’ll be sending the embassy that email. How far gone are you?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Ayotunde (@ayobad) hun, this my pregnancy brain sha! Just seeing your question I missed  :dohh:

The sooner you can buy your ticket, the better dear. Because the nearer the time of your travel, the more expensive it will be. When do you intend to travel?

Nicole
    Keymaster

So, here’s the quote from a 3rd agent. She surprisingly chose to go with an average instead of a state-by-state  :unsure:   :unsure:

Funnily enough, this is very likely the agent I intend to use, as I get the most professional vibe from her. Anyways, I’ll also share the more detailed breakdown she sent me. Only thing is its only for a C-section option, in only the locations I’m interested in. Biko manage am.

cc: Tommy (@tommies), Yimika (@yimika), Seun (@oluwaseun), Ayotunde (@ayobad), Oye (@oye1), Falil ( @falil ), Amina ( @ucheo ), Nnenna ( @nina ), Jaykay ( @jaykay ), Dawn ( @dawnm ), Koyabride ( @koyabride ), Chevvy ( @chevvy3 ), Bos ( @bosa ), Linda ( @ldike), Ameera ( @beautifulameera ), Adetola ( @adetola )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.