Pregnancy Group

Happy New Month!!!

This topic contains 540 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  Bos 6 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 541 total)
  • Author

Adaora
    Participant

The past months have been a blur because of my illness so nothing much has been happening… Missed you guys more… oh and guess what? It’s another boy! Everyone was so sure it’s a girl because of how sick people I haven’t told what I am having say it’s a girl as well. I was guess the old wives tales doesn’t always work. How have you been? Because I didn’t enjoy our trip to Nigeria as I had planned we are going for a sneaky holiday at the end of the month. I am sure I have missed so much pls copy me with all the gist :heart: . Thanks again for always checking in @nicole

Adaora
    Participant

Sorry about the errors for some reason I can’t scroll across so didn’t read it twice. @nicole

Nicole
    Keymaster

Awwwww, @adaoraa :heart: :heart: . Another boy  :blue:   :blue:   :cloud9:   :cloud9: . Just what you wanted  :hugs:   :hugs:

So happy for you hun. And forget all those old wives’ tales. Biggest rubbish ever…lol! Awww, so happy for you hun.

I hope we’ll see again during this your sneaky trip oh  😉

Adaora
    Participant

@nicole I wish it was to Nigeria! Somewhere in Europe. Having said that I don’t think I would coming to Nigeria while pregnant if another one happens in the future

Nicole
    Keymaster

@adaoraa hun, I feel you. Nigeria can be stressful. Have fun on your holiday hun. Babymoon tinz  :heart:   :wedding:

yimika
    Participant

Happy new month everyone. Thank you @nicole. Second trimester is going on well, during my last antenatal visit it was discovered that my pcv was decreasing so I spoke to the nurse and a drug was prescribed for me to boost iron production (ASTYFER) but am reacting to the drug because I have a lot of black rashes on my back and plenty pimples on my face too and am thinking of stopping it till my next appointment on 8/05 so that I can complain about it though have been eating lots of vegetables and fruits. Also I want to ask o, is taking cold water bad,plenty people have been telling me not to take cold things, Milo/Milk and am a bit worried.Also, is it very very compulsory to sleep on the left side every time I lay down, am not so use to one position and its kind of uncomfortable. Bump is gradually showing and we are really waiting to know the sex of the baby.Sorry for the plenty jjc questions o, old wives tales is driving me nut here.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Yimika (@yimika) hun, I’m so glad to hear you’re doing well, but so sorry about the anaemia. I too suffered from it, even with all the iron supplements I was on. And I don’t like the sound of your reactions, so please see your doctor a.s.a.p. hun. Take a lot of ferriferous food and veggies, and just try to be healthy.

Who said you shouldn’t drink Milo and Milk oooooo??? These old wives tales sha :haha: . Please drink your Milo abeg. As for cold water, that too is a myth as scientifically, it hasn’t been proven to affect the baby. HOWEVER, I chose to err on the side of caution and I tried to abstain from really cold things back then. So maybe you could tend more towards room temperature as against cold.

As for the sleeping, my dear it’s not compulsory. As long as you’re not sleeping on your stomach, it really doesn’t matter. I’m a side sleeper, and I slept on either side, left or right. Just get yourself comfortable. That’s what matters.

Counting down to when we’ll know whether you’re carrying a  :blue: or a  :pink:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

yimika
    Participant

Thank you @nicole I will take caution with the cold water. I know I will get better information here.thank you once more

Pearl
    Participant

@adaoraa: Abegi forget all those old wives tales jor… Big congratulations to you…Mama Boys. :blue:   :blue: Wishing all the best and success.

@yimika: @nicole has said it all. As for the cold water, It has to do with the temperature so that you do not suddenly get a chill or cold. I had cold ice cream and lots of lollies during my pregnancy to curb heart burn and cravings. Also, I am a tummy sleeper and I did slept on my tummy first trimester but change between left and right subsequently. Note that when you feel as if the baby is not active you can always drink milk if you aren’t lactose intolerant and sleep on your left side. This was what I was told in the hospital and it worked.

Please, do not discontinue any drugs prescribed to you during pregnancy especially iron and sugar related. Side effect will go once baby is out. Wishing you all the best and success.

yimika
    Participant

@pearl thank you so much for your advice,your points are well noted

Pearl
    Participant

How are you. Hoping baby is kicking 😉  and everything is going on fine @yimika.

cc @nicole, @oluwakemine

Bos
    Participant

@adaoraa oh how we missed you. I hope the worst has passed, were you this ill during your last pregnancy? Each pregnancy as they say is different, old wives tales have been failing since 19gbogboro…. :haha:

@yimika I agree with @pearl manage the drugs until your next appointment as long as it isn’t such a bad side effect. Once baby is out, the rashes and acne will disappear. Always remember that this baby will nourish himself/herself well so ensure you have all to give if not, it is YOU who will suffer oh…. :haha: I slept on my tummy till i was almost in my 3rd trimester, had cold drinks and also had milo/milk daily as they said i was under-weighed… 🙂

Adaora
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Oh @bosa thank you my darling. I like to think I wasn’t. But then again thinking  harder about it I remember throwing up a lot the first 4 months. I didn’t throw up at all now I just feel sick.   I also guess the fact that it was my first baby as well probably made not to realise. Hope you are well. Glad to be back. :yahoo:   :heart:</p>

yimika
    Participant

Thank you @Bos I told my doctor about the prescribed drug and she said its not the drug but reaction to pregnancy hormones. My pcv is still low but blood pressure is at normal range though am feeling better and am  taking my prenatal drug and vit b complex that’s making me eat like glutton :scratch: .thank you all for the advice

yimika
    Participant

@pearl thank you, am doing fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 541 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.