Pregnancy Group

1st Trimester Support Group

This topic contains 112 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole 3 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

Yimika @yimika dear, the updates Kemi provided are good…and I’ll also work on an update just for you  :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Hallo my 1st trimester mommies  :heart: . Even though I’ll be graduating in a few days to 2nd trimester, I thought I should holler and share my experiences here. I’m tagging all ye preggo mommas (2nd and 3rd try alike) so you can share your own experiences too.

Maybe it’s my age (41),but I have struggled more with the 1st trimester this time around. First of all, I got big so early!!! Look at me at 8 weeks, for crying out loud!!!

Someone said its because it’s because it’s my 2nd, someone said it’s because I had twins before, but mehn! The funny thing is that up until last week or so, people just thought I was only getting fat.

And speaking of the fat! I have put on so much weight it’s ridiculous! Up until 11 weeks, I was eating round the clock  :munch: . I had such bad nausea, it was like it was only food that could help it…if that makes sense. I don’t throw up, but almost wish I could, because the nausea was awful. But in the last 2 weeks, I’ve started going off a lot of food. I’ve become selective and it’s making things hard, because I’m still so hungry!

To make matters worse, my BP has been borderline 130/90 ish…which my doctor hasn’t been pleased about. I was even on bed rest at a point. Thankfully, it came down to 120/80 last week. I’m also trying not to take too much time off work, so that I can start my leave with my remaining vacation days.

So…that’s been 1st trimester in a nutshell. I’d love to hear how everyone’s experience went / is going.  :yes:

Tommy (@tommies), Yimika (@yimika), Seun (@oluwaseun), Ayotunde (@ayobad), Oye (@oye1), Falil ( @falil ), Amina ( @ucheo ) Nnenna ( @nina ) Jaykay ( @jaykay ) Dawn ( @dawnm ) Koyabride ( @koyabride ) and our new momma Chevvy @chevvy3

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oh…forgot to add that I’m scheduled for a cerclage on Wednesday this week.

Tommy
    Participant

Yipee!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Congrats darling @nicole … May the name of our Lord remain blessed. God will help you to carry it to FULL TIME. I’m so happy for you.

That was exactly how I blew up during this pregnancy, everyone around me knew so fast.

Congrats again mama twins!

Ayotunde
    Participant

Congratulations!!!! My BP was about 140/90 some weeks ago, very scary but thank God. have the anomaly scan tomorrow….cant wait to know baby’s sex also. just super grateful

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks so much, darling Tommy (@tommies:cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9: . Amen! Amen!! Amen!!! Thanks dear  :hugs:   :hugs: . My dear ohhhh! Maybe this blow-up is a second pregnancy thing. I look like a house! See me today at 13 weeks. I think I was this big at 20 weeks with the twins  :wacko:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks Ayotunde (@ayobad) dear. That BP thing is very scary indeed. God help us  :hugs:   :hugs:

Congrats on tomorrow’s anomaly scan. So exciting  :yahoo:   :yahoo: . Do you have a preference?  😉

Ayotunde
    Participant

Thank you Nicole (@nicole)…hubby wants a boy…me healthy baby oo l :yahoo:

Can i ask why you need a cerclage? My friend had mentioned it also; like it was compulsory to have one.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Ayotunde (@ayobad) hun, same with my DH. But I refuse to be under any pressure, so will be happy with any  :heart:

The cerclage is mainly preventive. My mom had a few losses as a result of an incompetent cervix, and when I was carrying the twins last time, my doctor insisted on it. This time, I want to have it since I had it last time. No surprises.

Jaykay
    Participant

@nicole i quite agree with you on eating more because of neusea. I feel there’s food in my throat though no vomiting and my mouth tastes somehow so it makes me eat more with the hope it pushes down whats in my throat  and make my mouth taste better… but no…all i get is a full tummy and added kg. My clothes are already tight . My new slang now is “I’m tired” .always fatigued. That’s all  d symptoms I’ve got sha

I also had preventive cerclage too on Saturday which was week 12. Still on bed rest sha.

Abeg o…which one is anomaly scan ?

Wishing every1 a healthy and uneventful  pregnancy.

Like play like play, 1st trimester is almost over.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Jaykay ( @jaykay ) it’s like you were talking about me, with eating to push the nausea down  :sick:   :sick: . As for clothes being tight, I’ve been out of my clothes since Week 9  :wacko: . Already in maternity clothes :dohh:   :dohh: . But we thank God  :cloud9:

I hope you’re resting up after the cerclage hun. I had mine yesterday. This time, my doctor insisted on me being awake for it, which I didn’t really like. Hospital theatres make me nervous. But thank God it went well. I’m still in hospital, and might be here till tomorrow morning.

And yeah, 2nd trimester baby! I got into mine yesterday! I’ll have to recalculate your date as I think I made a mistake with yours and Dawn ( @dawnm )’s tickers last time. But I’ll fix it a.s.a.p.

When are you back at work?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks my darling, Amina ( @ucheo )  :hugs: . And the weight gain is reaaaallll  :wacko:   :wacko:

How have you been hun?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Awww, thanks Seun (@oluwaseun:hugs:   :heart: . I really appreciate it.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Koyabride ( @koyabride ) hun, checking on you. I hope the spotting has stopped. How are you doing?  :heart:

Ameera M.
    Participant

Hi @nicole and all the other yummy mummies in their 1st trimester. I am 8 weeks gone now and the last 3 weeks has been a roller coaster ride.

In week 6 i started spotting or should i say bleeding mildly with light cramps, had my first ultrasound and 2 sacs were found however whilst 1 was doing well the other wasn’t. The spotting continued and my doctor asked me to come in for a repeat scan 1 week later which i did and sadly the 2nd sac was no where in sight anymore. We thank God all the same because the remaining baby is doing very well and is in excellent health.

I have been on bed rest on several occasions, some days its intense nausea on other days its just general discomfort. I am also hungey and cold all the time. LOL

In the last few days of this week i have been feeling much better and getting back to my old self. Oops i forgot to mention eating is also a challenge, i cant tolerate many things like meat, snail, fried rice anything sugary etc

Meanwhile i am showing already ooh…my waistline has massively expanded and all my work clothes are tight n revealing a bulge. i am already looking to start shopping maternity things when day never break.

Sorry for the long write up, it just feels good to be myself again and be able to type away. I am waiting patiently for 5pm cuz i cant wait to be back on my  bed.

Overall i am thankful for this blessing.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.