PCOS Girls

PCOS Support Thread

This topic contains 100 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Pearl @pearl, why are you not feeling Keto nau? It’s an effective diet, so far as I know for weight loss, which in turn boost fertility. That is the main reason, I find it interesting.

And like most diets, it requires discipline to pull through.

Pearl
    Participant

@oluwakemine: Personally, I am a picky eater. Opening up to any form of diet means it must contain what I like in terms of ingredients or methods of cooking if not I tend to just pass by when I see such.

Example is adding cheese to food…Asides African cheese i.e Wara, I do not think I can stand any other. The smell alone can make me pass out.

When it comes to cooking protein, chicken for example I hate the bake version rather I boil with various spices and note always without the skin. The skin can make me throw up.

Shirmp is a no no no no no no no no no no no no no for me if you see me like a recipe that has shrimp in it just know that it will be replaced with something else or skip the step when cooking.

Keto diet can be good but my question is how sustainable is adhering to it.

I am more into a lifelong diet change hence why I just hold on to various recipes from various diets rather than the whole diet concept itself.**Hoping you understand what I mean.**

cc: @nicole.

Oluwakemi
    Participant

I see what you mean Pearl @pearl. As long as it suits you. Then its fine.

As for sustainability, I thinks it helps to take a break periodically.

Nicole
    Keymaster

@pearl hun, ah I thought I was a picky eater :haha: . The one thing we have in common is the cheese thing  :sick: . Even the African one, I no fit.

But overall shaaa, I do like the KETO diet. It’s extremely hrd to keep up, and I have been struggling since trying to get back on it, but it gave me a lot of results. Another one that really worked for me was the mainly fruit diet I was on recently, but you know us PCOS girls have to be careful with that one.

All in all, it’s about eating clean and exercising. Abi?

Nicole
    Keymaster

So, this dropped in my Inbox recently. I get a lot of material on fertility, PCOS, etc. Some I ignore, some I pay attention to. This one caught my attention.

According to the article, women with PCOS are more susceptible to endocrine disrupting chemicals in our environment. That means that toxins we encounter every day worsen our PCOS symptoms despite our best efforts.

The article recommended some kind of detox diet, but I lost interest (you know they’re always trying to sell something). But it got me thinkig, because anytime I do detox, it makes me feel so much better!

What are your thoughts? @pearl

Pearl
    Participant

@nicole: You read to article just like I would have with the idea of so ”what are they selling.”

Detoxing is good either one has got PCOS or not but one has to know what is good for one that will aid the detox.

Personally, I just drink water and more water and more water while I eat lots of green vegetables. I often do not subscribe to products that claim can help detox ones body because one isn’t 100% sure of their content.

Nicole
    Keymaster

@pearl, I agree with water and more water…and greens too. In the end, those are the most sustainable. :yes:   :yes:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Welcome to the month of April, ladies. It’s the 2nd quarter of the year, and we’re so excited about what wonders it will bring  :heart:

May we all experience phenomenal breakthroughs this new month and always  :heart:   :heart:

@eby @pearl@mimi1, @femaleigboarchitect @oluwasehun @kokie @smiley @chevvy3 @giftaremu @nonny10 @obedat  @kokie@bellabella @tejumade  @uchestacy @vikky  @amyo, @saintmeg17 @arin

P.S: We won’t be clogging your Inboxes going forward, so will only tag you if you indicate an interest in being a part of this thread.

Have a wonderful month ahead :heart: :heart:

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Amen. #AmazingApril

Nicole
    Keymaster

7 Life Changing Tips To Help You Manage Your PCOS

1. FIRSTLY GET YOUR HORMONE AND INSULIN LEVELS CHECKED

Insulin is a hormone that regulates the workings of the body, converting glucose to energy and breaking down foods, especially carbohydrates. With PCOS it is highly important to make sure these are regulated, otherwise the excess insulin signals the ovaries to work overtime which secretes testosterone. This produces side effects such as increased hair growth, acne, weight gain, skin tags, fatty liver and high cholesterol, polycystic ovaries and an irregular menstrual cycle, not to mention increased hunger levels and cravings. Too much insulin in the blood stream makes the ovaries release more oestrogen, which can suppress ovulation.
    Eat yourself healthy

2. EATING 5 SMALL MEALS A DAY IS THE TONIC

This will keep the insulin on an agreeable level. Balance slow release, low GI carbs – I completely cut out dairy and wheat 20 years ago – with the equal amount of healthy fats, – avocado’s, nuts, seeds, oils, oily fish – organic protein and eat plenty of green leafy veg and fruit. Cut out refined sugars, dairy, wheat, soy, caffeine and any stimulants and be sure to chew your food slowly and enjoy it. Replace with spelt, oats, quinoa, goats milk, almond milk, coconut sugar/syrup, green tea – it does have caffeine though – and herbs teas!

3. TAKE THE CORRECT HERBS AND SUPPLEMENTS

It is very important with PCOS to take the right supplements to help aid the body’s process of elimination and also the workings of the organs. Some useful ones, if you would like to take them are: a multi vitamin and mineral, omegas, cod liver oil, chromium, magnesium, zinc, calcium and vit d. I love the brand Biocare; it is very gentle on the system and always in capsule form, enabling it to enter into the bloodstream quicker.

4. REDUCE YOUR STRESSES AND TOXINS!

Stress plays a major part in most peoples’ lives these days, so always be sure to adapt your lifestyle where possible. Take time for yourself, be mindful, exercise, breathe, do yoga, eat well and organic where possible, hydrate and reduce toxins, smile and get lots of sleep.

5. MODERATION IS THE KEY

Life should be enjoyed and without too many restrictions, do everything in moderation. Don’t be under or over-weight, don’t over exercise, over eat, over work, over stress and overestimate the power of the body! Please don’t overdo the gym, 2/3 times a week is plenty. Yoga, Pilates, meditation and swimming are wonderfully gentle. Move your body every day and maintain a good healthy body weight.

6. KEEP THE MIND IN CHECK

Getting out the house every day for a brisk walk in the park is essential for keeping the mind in check, breathe in the air and fill your body with new positive energy. You will heal naturally, so be gentle on yourself and be kind to others. We were put on this earth with no medical intervention and are bodies are designed to heal themselves…lets make them do just that!

7. REFLEXOLOGY IS THE KEY TO BALANCING AND HEALING THE BODY!

Reflexology is magically impressive. All nerve-endings go to our feet and hands and by having regular treatment creates a powerful and healing effect in our bodies. PCOS can be helped enormously by having a course of treatment, also providing a sense of calm in the body can help balance the endocrine system and discourage PCOS. This in turn helps to encourage fertility and regulate periods. PCOS will be greatly reduced and eased by Reflexology and I am the result of just that.

Culled from: http://madeleineshaw.com/

Nicole
    Keymaster

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Image result for happy birthday animated

Happy birthday Nicole @nicole. Enjoy your special day :cake:   :cake:   :cake:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Be good, June! I’m counting on it  :heart:   :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Happy New Month, Cysters  :heart:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.