PCOS Girls

Nicole's Metformin Adventure

This topic contains 42 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Bos 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

Awww, GOD bless you my darling @eby  :heart: :heart: . It truly means a lot. To be honest, I’m still stunned speechless and can’t comprehend this awesome GOD we serve. I wasn’t expecting it at all.

And yes, I do think my improved diet played a role…a big role. The Metformin, not so much as I only started it last week…but KETO yes  :yes:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks my darling sis, @pearl  :hugs:   :hugs:

It’s so unbelievable, isn’t it? Me that everyone has been begging to do FET for years, now…surprise  :bfp: . Who would have ever thunk it  :hug:

Nicole
    Keymaster

UPDATE

Back on Metformin now  :yes:

My doctor strongly recommended continuing, saying it helps prevent miscarriage for PCOS ladies. At first, I was going to ignore him, as I feel  :sick:  enough as it is. But I took one look at myself in the mirror today, and at just 5weeks+, I’m already as bloated as if I’m in 2nd trimester. So nobody told me to take it tonight  :haha: . Just 500mg a day for now though. Might ramp us as we go along.

Nicole
    Keymaster

June 26, 2018

Sooo….still on the Metformin, but only 500mg a day. Not sure if I can do a higher dose at this point, as the thing is still messing with me majorly  :wacko:

But so far, so good  :yes:

Ifeoluwafunmi
    Participant

@nicole… It is going to be well dear… My doctor also told me metformin helps prevent miscarriage. Have a wonderful journey hun

Nicole
    Keymaster

@ifeoluwafunmi  hun, thanks so much :hugs:

How have you been? Are you back on Metformin now? Were you able to check out the low carb diet?

Jasmine
    Participant

Hello Ladies,

I just logged in and Nicole’s Metformin Adventure pops up first. I wondered what it was about and read through the thread and dang….i see some goodnews :yahoo:

Congratulations @nicole this sure sounds like a pleasant surprise. May this journey be a smooth and easy one for you and may it end in praise. :rose:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks so much, my dearest @jasmine :hugs: . Such a tremendous surprise  :cloud9:   :cloud9: . Amen my sister. I’m looking forward to the ride and praying it’s as easy as my first pregnancy. I already look like a house though :haha:

Bos
    Participant

Infact I was once considering going for a sleep competition :haha: with the idea of wining that’s how I love sleep. @pearl this got me in stitches…. :haha: Serious though, could sleep also be a side effect for some?

@nicole I still replay that pregnancy strip picture in my mind and I have a huge SMILE :yahoo:.

As you have selflessly given to others, the Lord has rewarded you. Forget about this looking like a house oh, it is okay….we don’t really care how you look right now ;-), just “house” our precious cargo and ensure he/she is comfortable. I agree KETO may have played a role here, you never know as regards metformin it is all the handiwork of our great God. So much for FET talks. So what’s your diet like now? KETO suspended!!!

Nicole
    Keymaster

@bosa, you just brought a tear to my eye. God bless you for all your support hun. It has truly been us supporting each other, and I have gained even more from you lovely ladies. You’re all a big blessing to me :heart:

And as for the “house”, my dear I have given in oh :haha: . I am eating to my heart’s delight abeg. Next year, we will face the music :haha: . But for now, KETO is suspended  :yellowcard:

And oh yes, above ALL is the grace, favour and mercy of GOD. KETO or TOKE, without God, none of this would have been possible. HE is the Way Maker…the Strong Tower, and I will eternally be grateful to Him for shining His face upon me  :cloud9:

Pearl
    Participant

@bosa: No idea as sleep as always been my bestie.

Hoping everything is going on fine with you @nicole. **checking up on you**

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks @pearl hun :hugs: . Everything is still koko banana  B-)   :good:

I did stop the Metformin though. I could no longer cope abeg. It was aggravating my nausea to the umpteenth degree  :negative:   :nope:

Bos
    Participant

@pearl I am always so jealous of you lot that can sleep. My sister can be watching TV and just say let me nap for 15mins so i can get going. How she will nap and wake is still surreal. Same for Husby, say it and do it. I wish i could, no matter how hard i close my eyes it doesn’t work. I recall boarding school siestas, I felt like that 1 hour was a waste of time as I will be very bright eyed till the bell rings.

@nicole hmm that must have been tough. Nausea is already there then Metformin to aggravate the condition. I hope the nausea is much better now, are you trying any of the remedies?

:rose: :kiss:

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.