PCOS Girls

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

This topic contains 1,111 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Pearl 2 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,109 total)
  • Author

Becca
    Participant

Gosh! It feels good to be back here. I have missed you all!
    @pearl, thanks for checking on me. I sorta ran off. How is Bobo doing? I read he is selective with meals. But Okro + Rice???  :scratch: Damn.

@nicole, @oluwakemine & @bosa,  good morning to you Sisters. How have you been? I hope your families are doing fine.

Pearl
    Participant

@smiley: Good to have you back. How are you doing and hoping everything is fine with you. Bobo is doing fine and trying to do odeshi for teething symptoms. :haha:

Pearl
    Participant

Update:

Drum rolls………………………………… :wohoo:

Someone is trying to crawl and would not lay on his back anymore. **Put him to bed while he sleeps and be sure to meet him faced down and head slightly to the side. This is another sleepless phase for me as this can be dangerous in my opinion or what do you think Ladies.**

Parenting sure does not have a manual. :yes: So he has been trying to crawl before now unknowing to me. I thought he was just playing and having fun **he crawls on his back and pushes himself up with his legs and head, he also rolls around like an armadillo.** Now we are trying to teach him how he should crawl safely.**

He has become very picky with food and will always go for sticky and slimey or yogurt.

On the other hand mama is just relaxing and taking things easy.

How are you all- @nicole, @oluwakemine, @bosa, @ddo, @smiley, @jasmine, @bibi, @fruityfruity, @ldike.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Yay for approaching a milestone, @pearl  :cloud9: . Well done momma!

Pearl
    Participant

Update:

Spotting started last week and has increased over the weekend, #fingerscrossed and hoping its stops asap.

**Chef Pearls corner** :yahoo:

New recipe:

1. One medium size Avocado + 100g cooked chicken breast, blended together.(2 servings)
    2. One medium size Avocado + one banana, blended together + 200ml (water or bottle food or breast milk).(3 servings)

Have a great week ahead ladies.

cc: @nicole, @oluwakemine, @bosa, @ddo, @smiley, @ldike, @bibi, @reggy, @jasmine.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Chef @pearl for the win  :good:   :good:   :good: .

Those recipes sound so yummy! I’ll be trying them out shortly  😉  😉

And Prince likes them both? Even the one with just the chicken and avocado?

Pearl
    Participant

@nicole: Like is an understatement, he loves them. I noticed he loves anything green and orange hence why I add avocado to almost all his meals + the consistency is to die for, not watery and not too sticky, its more like a silky pudding. For the orange color, I haven’t gotten a hold of that yet because I use Carrots which makes his poop hard no matter how watery it is. Still trying to figure that out.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oh wow, that’s really interesting,  @pearl. Taking notes  :mail:

Pearl
    Participant

Update:

Spotting hasn’t stopped yet but has reduced drastically. :wohoo:

Growth spurt: We are on food strike again.  😥 and thank God he accepts milk while asleep otherwise na hunger strike bi that. :yes:

Bos
    Participant

@pearl happy to hear spotting has reduced, hopefully it ends soon… :angel:   :hug:

Chef Pearl in the house, interesting recipes to save. Your Prince is doing great. We were still refusing all you’ve listed at age 1. He will be back on the food train. :munch:

Nicole
    Keymaster

@pearl hun, so happy the spotting is reducing dramatically…even though I’ll be happiest when it stops completely. What’s the status now?

As for the food strike, these children sha! Ever unpredictable. I’m sure he’ll come around very soon and will soon be back to enjoying his Mommy’s FAB recipes  :munch:   :wine:

Pearl
    Participant

Update:

Had to stop spotting with injections and hoping my brain communicates well with my body. :unsure:

Moving forward, we went on and off on solids for our little one due to constipation. Although, we are still hoping it resolves though there has been improvement since yesterday with the help of coconut oil but that was after we had tried so many remedies e.g Prune Juice, Homemade fruits and juices, increase in water intake which didn’t work but more or less worsened it.

Thank God for coconut oil and we hope this will work has planned.#fingerscrossed.

Nicole
    Keymaster

@pearl dear, praying with you that the spotting stops soon, so you can have your body fully back :hugs:

As for Prince, thank God the coconut oil has done the trick so far. Fingers crossed it will be a lasting solution :hugs:

You’re doing a great job, Momma  :rose:

Bos
    Participant

@pearl Amen to your prayers….. :hugs:

Glad the coconut oil worked cos you listed all i know about constipation. Banana can be a huge culprit, Milk can also cause it if he is fully on cow milk so you could also check that out.

I pray he isn’t constipation prone like i and my young man was, constantly having soapy water flushed down our butt… :haha:

Pearl
    Participant

@nicole: I pray it will be a lasting solution as well.

@bosa: Funnily, banana wasn’t the cause nor cow milk it was the fact that we were giving more solid varieties e.g broccoli, beans, fish, cereals, ham, e.t.c and the system is trying to adjust to it plus we also need to incorporate more water into his routine. And after incorporating more water into his daily routine constipation didn’t stop nor ease up so we had to go for laxative.

Didn’t want conventional meds and mom suggested fruit juice and fruit pulp of which thats a routine in his diet hence why I tried coconut oil and I hit the jackpot. :yahoo:

Viewing 15 posts - 1,081 through 1,095 (of 1,109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.