PCOS Girls

LIFE AS I KNOW IT.

This topic contains 1,117 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Pearl 6 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

@pearl, sending you so many hugs hun! This must be really distressing and stressful for you. Please let us know if the increased dosage does the trick :heart:

How is little Prince though? Kisses to him  :kiss:

Bos
    Participant

sorry @pearl, i pray this dosage works.

Pearl
    Participant

Update:

I have been down lately hence the MIA.

Today makes it exactly  4weeks of bleeding non stop although it has reduced drastically thanks to the pills but I need it to stop for good.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards.

:rose:

cc: @nicole, @bosa, @ldike, @ddo, @smiley, @oluwakemine.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Oh my darling @pearl  :hug:   :hug:

I called you last week, but it just rang out. I’m so sorry about the continuous bleed. And I’m actually getting worried. When is your next doctor’s appointment?

Let me know when’s a good time to  :telephone:

Pearl
    Participant

So sorry I missed your call @nicole. I have seen my gp and gyn and although the bleeding stopped for some days with the help of the pills unfortunately I started bleeding yesterday morning. Fingers crossed as I have stopped all meds including my multivitamin and just waiting for what my body wants to do. Will check in with medics next week for update and hopefully know the next line of action.

Basically, its just a miscommunication between my brain and body aka hormones.

Nicole
    Keymaster

@pearl, please continue talking with your doctor hun. Did you ever have this kind of extended bleed in the past?

Pearl
    Participant

Yes, I had it severally. @nicole.

It stopped Saturday evening and will be seeing my doctor tomorrow for further investigations. Thanks for the check.

Nicole
    Keymaster

@pearl, I’m glad the bleeding has stopped and you’ll be seeing your doctor today. Sending you big hugs :hugs:

Pearl
    Participant

Update:

Its still same old story PCOS + booked for several tests.

In another news, I have officially become a CHEF. :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Chef Pearl. :rofl: Prince is really enjoying his solid meals and its a shock to see him eat our traditional foods i.e okra, efo-riro with pleasure. Exciting days ahead as I just purchased a brand new Philips food-processor with includes blender, dry mill and juice presser last weekend just for our new addition into our family. :yahoo:   :yahoo:

So far we have tried so many fruits ranging from oranges, apples, banana, apricots, peaches, strawberries, kiwi, just to mention few and rice, ham, bread, kidneybeans, e.t.c I think its time I start getting serious with the internet and maybe write a book. :scratch: Chef Pearl. :haha:

cc: @nicole, @oluwakemine, @ddo, @bosa, @ldike, @reggy, @bibi, @jasmine, @smiley, @fruityfruity.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Go Chef @pearl  :good:   :good: . Please share those recipes ooooh. That’s true, I owe you as well  :mail:

So glad to hear Prince is eating nicely…and our local food for that matter! So genius! Well done momma  :cloud9: . And yep, I’ll buy that book  😉

Please keep us posted, re the tests hun. Sending you lots of  :hug:

Bibi
    Participant

Weldone @pearl. A chef is one of the job title a mom holds :yes: .  its good to know that your ‘client’ is eating well. :good:

sorry about the bleeding,  just saw it now.   Everything will be fine.

Pearl
    Participant

Update:

After the excitement of becoming a chef, my client went on feeding strike for days hence the silence. Thank God we are back on track.

Feeding strike can be scary especially when your little one plays like no tomorrow and refuses to eat then you ask yourself ”where is he getting all the energy from. :unsure:

What worked for me was I let him be even though I was worried and played along. I refused forcing anything as it wasn’t working. Apparently, he needed a different texture and taste of food and since then we have a timetable of 3 to 4 solids everyday and milk inbetween. Snacking on finger foods as well as sips of water as the weather is hot and he needs to be hydrated.

Moving forward, today is our BCG vaccine and hopefully we can travel after a month or two…not sure but fingers crossed. :yahoo:

cc: @nicole, @oluwakemine, @bibi, @ldike, @smiley, @ddo, @jasmine, @bosa.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Glad to hear you found a way around the feeding strike. When it comes to food and kids, one always has to be patient and observant…to see what works best for the LOs  :cloud9:

And yay for BCG vaccine  :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Bos
    Participant

@pearl thank God the bleeding spell is over. Chef Pearl in the House!!!! I can imagine how his hunger strike burst your bubble…..That’s their way oh eating well today, we get so excited and next day it is a different thing. That was my boy, wasted lots till i resigned to taking it a day at a time. How is he doing? BCG!! YAY!!! Someone’s going on a holiday soon… :yahoo:

Pearl
    Participant

@nicole: Patience is what I am learning and learning everyday. Its not an easy task for someone who loves to doing things snappy and neat. 🙁

@bosa: Burst my bubble…you do not want to get me talking as I almost cried. It pained me to the bone. I now have various strategies of curbing waste to the barest minimum.

**Instead of making 200ml milk or rice/corn pap; I make 100ml, if he finishes it fine but if he doesn’t nothing spoil. Should he want more I then offer 50ml of the said food or fingerfoods but feed again after an hour if fingerfood was offered and 2hrs if 50ml of food was giving.**

He seems to like pureed yam, okro, yogurt, banana and advocado so most times I mix those ingredients with other foods. 😉  e.g yogurt + pap, banana +advocado + kiwi, yam + spinach, okro + corn pap, okro + rice, beans + rice + advocado, etc

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 1,115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.