Parenting

Parenting Support Thread

This topic contains 332 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole 1 day, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 333 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

#Issababygirl  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Welcome to the Mommy club, @jasmine  :heart:   :heart: . And welcome to the world, dear @princess  :heart:   :heart:

@bosa @ldike @oluwakemine @pearl @annie

Oluwakemi
    Participant

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   Congratulations Jasmine @jasmine. Our God is too good oh. Baby, we prayed for you and God answered. Welcome baby girl :pink:   :pink:   :pink:   :pink:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Goals for us mommies abi? We wish :haha:

How are you lovely ladies doing? I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was awesome, and I’m proud to say I’m off work today  B-) . Decided to make mine a long weekend, with May Day tomorrow and all. Genius, no?  😉

@bosa @ldike @oluwakemine @pearl @annie and our newest member @jasmine, hope you ladies had a lovely one  :heart:

So I happened on this post on one of the iG handles TFC follows, and there was a post by a new mom, whose baby is only weeks old. Anyway, this new mom’s own mom is just recovering from a bout of pneumonia and is to be discharged from the hospital. She (the new mom) is supposed to pick her up, but as her partner is working and she has no child care, that would mean taking the baby along for the pick-up, something neither she nor her partner is keen on. Meanwhile, her mom is offended by the suggestion that she takes a taxi home, claiming her doctor has certified her non-contagious. So the new mom wanted to know what to do.

*Side eye*

Omo, my mom will enter taxi oh. I kent shout  :haha:

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  Nicole.

Jasmine
    Participant

How best do i make my arrival into tge parenting group memorial?  B-)

Do i waltz in, dance in, scream for joy or just be still and ponder on this new reality? :yahoo:   :wohoo:   :headspin:

Thanks once again @nicole and @oluwakemine for your congratulatory messages. :heart:

Your girl is now a mummy… :wohoo:

Nicole
    Keymaster

You need to do the moonwalk, shaku shaku, shoki and azonto all at once oh, Jasmine @jasmine  :haha:

Welcome to the club hun  :heart:   :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Happy New Month, ladies  :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

Bos
    Participant

@nicole i took Monday off too to make it a long weekend. Coupled with my busy weekend it was the only thing to do. Welcome to the club @jasmine, enjoy every moment of the journey.

Of course mama would take a cab, it is not even up for debate. She would know, child i suffer to have….No oh… :haha:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Happy anniversary, darling @bosa dearest!!! 9 years is no joke oh! May God continue to bless and keep you both  :wedding:   :wedding:   :wedding:   :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

And :haha: at she’ll take a cab! Before nko  :haha:

Bos
    Participant

Yes oh @nicole…cab for mama :bye:

Thanks hun, 9 years oh….staring at 10, may God keep us and bless our marriages in Jesus name, Amen :angel:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Happy birthday to one very special lady  :heart:   :cake: :cake:   :rose:   :rose: . We love you, @bosa  :heart:   :heart:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:

Nicole
    Keymaster

I’m feeling very mischievous today. Can you tell?  :haha:

Hi there lovely mommas! How is everyone doing this wonderful Thursday morning? Over here, I’m working with heavy deadlines and all that…but trying to keep my head above water. The girls are also writing their midterm tests, so it’s been busy at home as well.

How are our gorgeous bambinos? Our wonderful blessings from God? Please update us on our babies oooo  :rose:   :rose:

@bosa @ldike @oluwakemine @pearl @annie  @jasmine  @egobaby

Bos
    Participant

Hey mama @nicole DS is fine, countdown to half-term and his birthday which is same day…. Mama is so tiredddddd :sleep: :coffee: . I need time off to just sleep, eat and wake but saving my leave for his long hols so we can spend some time together.

linda
    Participant

@nicole, Nicole is doing good. Finally stopped crying so much when I drop her off at daycare and she has a new friend Yay. But thing is, she doesn’t say anything when she’s at daycare, she would point if she needs something but doesn’t respond with words. However it is a different ball game when she’s home as  she talks and talks and talks. I just put it off to the that she has never been in a daycare or with so many other kids at the same time. Should I be worried ?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Awww bless! His birthday is on Friday, @bosa? Do you have any special plans? Were you able to sort the party packs in the end? I’ll bet he’s so excited  :yahoo: :yahoo:

@ldike hun, children have different ways of adapting to daycare. With my twins, Chizzy took a whole lot longer to adjust than Chima did. I’m happy to read that Nicole has started making friends there. In time, she’ll get more comfortable and will become verbal again. She’s still verbal at home, right? Just keep watching her…but if it persists for longer than another month, you might want to investigate it further…check if the teachers / environment are not also contributing to it. But I’m almost certain that won’t be the case, and she’ll be fine  :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

Bos
    Participant

@nicole Yea sorted out the party pack for his classmates..thanks for your assistance. His half-term starts on Thursday which is his birthday, marking it in school on the 23rd then he’ll have an upbeat play-date with 3 friends ONLY on the actual day – 24th. So I am taking the day off oh, Hubs and my sis kept singing songs on how he should mark the day. As far as i was concerned Wednesday is equally good enough but yea I bowed to their pressure. :unsure:

@ldike She is alright, probably observing and analysing her environment. I won’t worry too much due to thisHowever it is a different ball game when she’s home as she talks and talks and talks. When she is ready and dandy…. :heart: Hows school and work going?

• This reply was modified 2 days, 17 hours ago by  Bos.
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 333 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.