Parenting

Parenting Support Thread

This topic contains 357 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole 5 days, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 358 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Image result for congratulations animated

Congratulations DeeDee @deedee on the birth of your daughter :pink: :pink: . You have been blessed with the most beautiful gift and I rejoice with you. :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

cc: @nicole @annie @ldike @bosa @adaoraa @princess  @myde  @crystal  @moshal  @tumininu @jay201  @oluwakemine  @mrsciw  @raskasal @mayokun

Nicole
    Keymaster

Congratulations DeeDee @deedee sweetie. We’re super excited and happy that our Princess is here  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Bos
    Participant

Congratulations @deedee May God bless your princess richly… :pink: :baby:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Good morning yummy mommies! How’s everyone doing  :cloud9:

How are our gorgeous Princes and Princesses! Bless! I can’t believe the the first of our babies will be turning 3 this year! Wow! Awesome God!

Welcome to our group, dear DeeDee @deedee  :friends:

What have you gorgeous ladies been up to? @annie @ldike @bosa @bibi @adaoraa @princess  @myde  @crystal  @moshal  @tumininu @jay201  @oluwakeine  @mrsciw  @raskasal , what’s been going on?

On my end, it’s been preparing for exams oh  :wacko:   :wacko: . Honestly, its parents that bear the brunt of education these days! The girls start their exams today, so God willing, all will be  :good:   :good:

Bos
    Participant

Oh wow 3 years already…..God bless our children richly….

Yes oh exams and assessments these days are for parents as well. On those weeks i pause on my after work activities….

I wonder if we aren’t spoon feeding these kids in this generation. Handing it to them on a platter!!! I don’t recall my parents assisting me with revisions, we kind of did all on our own and only got support from them when in a bind. I remember doing my homework and leaving it on the table for daddy to review when he returns…..These days, we have home tutors to assist us thereby not giving the kids the zeal to do it on their own. They kinda know worse case their home tutors or parents will assist them. What says you ladies? @nicole @oluwakemine @annie @ldike @bibi @adaoraa @princess  @myde  @crystal  @moshal

Oluwakemi
    Participant

:yahoo: :yahoo: Three years! The Lord is good. :yes:   :yes:

Nicole @nicole, Bos @bosa, this school business is serious matter oh. True, most of us had no help with school work while growing up and sometimes, I personally feel like I’m trying to compensate for it with my children. But mehn, I can’t help it. Infact, I sit at their lessons with the home tutor, so I can learn too, especially Maths, so I can help my older son, whose learning pace is different from his sister. And Google and Youtube are now my best friends.

But then, what children are learning nowadays at a younger age is more than what we learnt.

May God help us to help them. Amen

Hello moms :hi:   :hi:

cc: @annie @ldike@bibi @adaoraa @princess  @myde  @crystal  @moshal @hotmaama @bsquared @deedee @bimbo

Nicole
    Keymaster

@bosa, I too have wondered about this spoon feeding oh, because I don’t remember my mother sweating the way I sweat with my Madams. Revision as if na JAMB we dey write! Kilode. My friend was telling me about you guy’s school that it’s project the kids present for 2nd term, and not exams. She said a parent was lamenting that he that can’t use PowerPoint, is it fair to his child? Real question :haha:

This 21st century education, na real wa!

Bos
    Participant

@nicole our PowerPoint presentation was last term not this. I don’t know about project instead of exams if it’s the same school. What class is the kid in? I still don’t see the sense in the PowerPoint presentation when they haven’t been taught. We are in Year 3, so it’s okay to start to learn it but for kids younger puhlease!!!! What we do in 2nd term is 2 assessments because the term is usually short thanks to Easter. Other terms we do 2 assessments and an exam.

Its definitely a lot tougher, life generally then the education in this generation. Besides school homework, so many online homeworks. Abeg, I do them at my pace, now even if he fails some as long as it’s not 3 upwards we submit oh….I can’t come and go and kill my self :haha: your mamas with 2 or more are the real MVPs!!!!

Nicole
    Keymaster

@bosa her daughter is in Year 2. Now I’m even confused. But I know she said no exams in 2nd term sha.

At least my own do the same work. Those that have to do different levels of homework, na una biko

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Image result for congratulations on your baby

Congratulations Chimuanya @muanya on the arrival of your baby. Baby :baby: :baby: , you are so welcome, we have been eagerly waiting for you.

cc: @nicole  @annie @ldike@bibi @adaoraa @princess  @myde  @crystal  @moshal @bosa @deedee

Nicole
    Keymaster

Congratulations dearest Chimuanya @muanya   :heart:   :heart: . Welcome to mommy-hood  :cloud9:

Nicole
    Keymaster

HUGE CONGRATS to @princess on the birth of her twin boys a few months ago  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :blue:   :blue:

3 boys in 2 years! Isn’t God just amazing! I remember when she had her first cycle. Now she is mom of 3 wise men!

Congratulations darling  :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:

@annie @ldike@bibi @adaoraa @princess  @myde  @crystal  @moshal @deedee @bosa @oluwakemine

Oluwakemi
    Participant

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo: Congratulations Princess @princess. It’s so nice to know the princes have arrived. Kisses for the boys and all praises to our GREAT God. :yahoo:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Happy April, dear mommies! Wishing you all a wonderful month ahead  :heart:   :heart:

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter, and you gave the LOs a great time! I have to take my own small Madams out today, and I’m not looking forward to that Surulere crowd at all  :wacko:

Also, as we change some things on the site, we’ve decided not to continue with the mass tagging, as it only just clogs Inboxes. We’ll only be tagging you if you indicate an interest in being a part of the conversation  :yes:

Have a wonderful month, ladies  :heart:

@annie @ldike @bibi @adaoraa @princess  @myde  @crystal  @moshal @deedee @bosa @oluwakemine

Bos
    Participant

May God bless him richly…. :blue:   :baby: Huge congratulations @muanya 

@princess huge congratulations to you…..now you will wonder why you cried while waiting, you are now a joyous mother of CHILDREN…May God bless your soliders…. :blue:   :blue:   :baby:   :baby:

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 358 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.