Failed Cycle Support Group

Failed Cycle Support Thread

This topic contains 62 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster

omoge
    Participant

@nicole thanks so much for checking up. I am glad to inform you that I have actually left this forum for awhile nown  :bye:  I am in 2weeks waiting room. Had my ET on Saturday. Trusting God for a positive outcome.

Trust you are doing well today. The good Lord will see you through. Congratulations once again.

So I am out of here and will never come back. See you at the side  :hug:

Nicole
    Keymaster

So so excited to read this, Omoge @liefde  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

And yes oh, we are happily sending you off from this thread. Next stop…pregnancy group  :heart:   :heart:   :hug:   :dust:

Bos
    Participant

@liefde  from your lips to God’s ears….wishing you all the stickiness and dust….. :blue:   :kiss:   :pink:   :yellow:   :blue:

omoge
    Participant

@Bos Amen.  Thanks Dear, I appreciate.

Trust you are doing very fine.May the Lord see you through Congratulations  :hug:

Pearl
    Participant

@liefde: Sending your way lots of sticky baby dust and success.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Dearest Lena @mswhite hun, it’s so good to hear from you again  :hugs:

I’m so sorry your subsequent cycle didn’t work either. Where did you cycle the second time? Was it a response issue? How many eggs did you produce and how many fertilised? How many were transferred?

So sorry for all the questions, but sometimes the answers to these could point us in the right direction.

Sending you lots of  :hugs: as you take time out to regroup. Just know that when you’re ready, we’re right here for you  :hug:

Lena White
    Participant

@nicole  Still at Kingswill. This second cycle they got about 60 follicles! Some of them empty though. By the fifth day of transfer we only had 3 embryos to put back in. Still want to cycle there this third time. We are looking at the options. He has been avoiding triggering with HCG because of OHSS and the PCOS situation but he will this time. We are still discussing but am starting soon. On my own still maintaining my low carb diet, on metformin now and praying for the best. Any suggestion and pointers wil be highly appreciated. Meanwhile congrats to you. So happy and grateful for you. :hug:   :hug:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Awww bless you, Lena @mswhite  :hugs:   :hugs:  :heart:   :heart:

I’m glad you’re back to eating clean and controlling the sugar with Metformin. I definitely think you should try the trigger shot this time. Maybe you could include Gatorade or coconut water to your routine whilst you stimm, to avert OHSS (even though neither is a fail proof way of averting it, it’s a way to at least control it from being too serious). I also think you should ramp up on your protein, and also ask your doctor if you can also take DHEA, for egg quality. It sounds to me from the last cycle that it was an egg quality issue, especially if you had so many eggs, but very few embryos at the end of the day.

It will surely end in praise hun. We’ll be rooting and praying for you  :hugs:   :hugs:

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Nicole.

Lena White
    Participant

Thanks so much @nicole will definitely aak him about the DHEA.

Nicole
    Keymaster

Dearest  @danimarie813 hun, so so sorry that your cycle didn’t work out as planned. And to get the message on your birthday…that must have been super, super hard. So sorry hun :hug:

Personally, I have a view on how long embies should stay before being transferred. My first cycle, I insisted on getting them to blastocyst stage (day 5). The embies were doing great but started dropping off in quality after day 4. By day 5, I only had 1 blast. The rest were morals. That cycle failed. My next cycle, I transferred at day 2. I have twin girls who turn 7 in a few months, from that cycle.

Of course this theory doesn’t work for everyone. Some people swear by the theory of the-longer-the-better, but that didn’t work for me.

Can I ask where you cycled?

danimarie813
    Participant

Thank you for replying @nicole……your insight is much appreciated. I’m in Norwalk, Connecticut at RMA (Reproductive Medical Associates). That is so wonderful to hear that you had your twin girls after a fresh transfer. I think my husband and I are most upset by the fact that we feel we weren’t told that a day 3 or 5 transfer might be a better option. Or maybe my clinic thinks that it would not, I don’t know. We just kind of feel since we are new to this that we didn’t have all the information and are learning as we go. Unfortunately, we are older and don’t have much time or money to waste to keep doing this (and learning as we go) so, we are quite devastated. My ovarian reserve is normal and my husband’s sperm is fine so, I guess I should be happy about that considering our ages (42 and 47). Our doctor is on vacation so we can’t meet with her until next week. We will see what she thinks for next steps.

One more question….I was able to speak with a doctor yesterday (not mine, but another at the clinic) who said that I had 3 grade 2 embryos on Day 5 (last Saturday). Don’t you think they should have informed us of that or frozen them at that point? I’m just feeling like someone made a mistake, but I know my mind is going a little crazy right now. Do they have to wait until Day 7 to be sent our for PGS testing? I just feel like getting a call on Day 7 was a little late….

Thank you for all of your guidance and advice!

Danielle

Nicole
    Keymaster

Dear @danimarie813, we’re close in age (I’m 41) and I just got a natural :bfp: …totally unplanned and unexpected, so it can happen. It’s also great that you and DH are in great form  :yes:

Do you have any special reasons for wanting to do PGD? I thought day 5 was what was needed for PGD, but I will have to read this up as I’m not sure, to be honest. But unless that is the norm, I think day 7 is stretching it a bit far.

And absolutely, you should have been informed about the quality of your embies before, so that the call should have been yours. But it’s lessons learned for next time. I know with my 2nd cycle, I did things so much differently, largely based off the failing of my earlier cycle.

I look forward to when you’ll be able to have a proper chat with your doctor when she returns from her holiday. Do you have an idea when you might want to cycle again?

danimarie813
    Participant

@nicole Congratulations!!!!! My husband reminds me all the time that we should keep trying naturally!

I want to cycle again as soon as possible, but financially, it’s hard. We had 25K from our insurance which was amazing, but I’m pretty sure we blew through that with the first cycle. That is another reason why I’m so upset.  My husband was adamant about the genetic testing due to our ages, but after all the research I’m doing now, I’m wondering if a fresh transfer might just be the better route to go.

I’m still trying to get answers from my clinic about the Day 7 issue. I just got off the phone with the Director of Operations. I really want answers as to why they waited until Day 7.

Thank you for listening and all the good advice! :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Thanks  @danimarie813  :hugs: . I agree with your husband. You should absolutely keep trying naturally, whilst you go through this process. I can understand the fears about late conception, hence the PGD…but just have a chat with your doctor and hear what she has to say. :hugs:

And as for the finances, gosh…I’ve heard how expensive the process is in the States. But never worry hun. I believe where there is a will, there will always, surely be a way!

And who knows, you might not even need it after all  😉

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.