Failed Cycle Support Group

Failed Cycle Support Thread

This topic contains 37 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Hello mamas. :hi: :hi: The Ibidun Ighodalo Foundation has opened the portal for 2017 Infertility grant programme.

To submit an application, log on to their website, fill the application form and keep your pretty fingers crossed for great news.

The portal closes on the 30th June, so hurry if you are interested and submit your application. If you know someone, who would be interested, please don’t hesitate to share the news with them. :heart:

cc: @mimibabe,  @hephziba@ayeeluvjyahoo-com@binta, @enkay@tee, @etiosag, @sassymom, @jakubuo, @chybaby , @mztee@osato, @diamond1, @beebee, @yettybella,  @rubie @deedee @feyikemi @esha @joesmal1

Nicole
    Keymaster

My darling Rabiat @rabeeyat and Lala (@lala). You have both been on my mind. Just know that though it might be disappointing now, God has a plan!

I’m here if you ever need to talk  :telephone:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Nicole
    Keymaster

Happy New Month, ladies.   :heart:   :heart:   :heart: . Rabiat @rabeeyat, Lala (@lala), Chy ( @chyfaith:rose: :rose:

I hope you’re all doing great, and regrouping. I know you must feel much better today than you did yesterday  :cloud9:

Have you made any plans to cycle again? Whatever the case, if you need to chat, just drop me a line. Sending you all LOADS and LOADS of love!  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Image result for positive quotes for women

Hello beautiful mamas. How are you doing? Hope you’re going strong and staying happy. :cloud9:   :cloud9:

Rabiat @rabeeyat, have you been doing?  :heart: Are you thinking of cycling soon?

Lala @lala, it’s been a minute. Hope you’re fine. :hugs:

Faith @chyfaith :hi:   :hi:

Hope you’re all doing just great ladies, @binta@enkay@tee@etiosag@sassymom@jakubuo@chybaby , @mztee@osato@diamond1@beebee,  @rubie @joesmal1

If you need to talk, we are here.

cc: @nicole

fruityfruity
    Participant

Pls did you do blood tests during your ivf? The way mine went was sooooo funny. From start to finish I did not do any blood tests to check my estrogen, progesterone level etc. The only thing they did was just scan. Is this right? Pls is this the normal trend in other ivf centres in Nigeria?

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Hello Fruity @fruityfruity, there really is no blood tests involved in the IVF cycle itself. These tests are done beforehand and they help the doctor determine what approach to take.

cc: @nicole

fruityfruity
    Participant

Kkk dear. Thanks

Oluwakemi
    Participant

Where did you cycle Fruity @fruityfruity? And did you do a post cycle review?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Fruity @fruityfruity hun, that’s not correct dear. Blood tests are supposed to happen, in order to ascertain your AMH, FSH levels, alongside other hormones. That’s the way they can know what your ovarian reserve is like and what dosage of meds / protocol to place you on.

So sorry about your failed cycle hun. It is such a disappointing and heartbreaking thing. I know only too well. Like Kemi asked, where did you cycle?

Nicole
    Keymaster

Hi ladies. Doesn’t this ring so true.

I remember when I had my failed cycle, it was the most devastating thing ever. I didn’t see it coming. For me, trying again was my way of healing. But it hurt like crazy. And I felt the people around me just didn’t understand my pain…

Lena @mswhite and Uchay @uchay , I decided to bring our conversation here in case you’re not ready to be in the general group. Feel free to vent here anytime. I know exactly how you feel, and I will do my best to be there for you ladies now…

Brown @brown hun, it’s been a long time. Did you cycle  with your clinic in the end? Sending you lots of  :hug:

Uchay
    Participant

Thanks Nicole @nicole

Hubby is anxious for us to immediately cycle again. Me i’m really trying to be careful and prepare my body again. Its not easy dealing with dashed hopes and the fear it’ll happen again is real

Nicole
    Keymaster

Uchay @uchay, I know exactly how you feel. As anxious as I was about starting again, I was so scared of the heartbreak. I had never been so disappointed in my life. But I thank God the next cycle was successful.

Take as much time as you need to heal your mind hun. It’s not easy. You need to be 100% ready. Going through several weeks of injections isn’t a small thing. I think the main reason I hopped back on the wagon was because I needed the distraction of doing something to take my mind off the pain I was feeling. But if you’re not ready, my dear please wait till you are  :heart:   :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Sending you lots of love this new month, Uchay @uchay hun! It will be a phenomenal and blessed one for you, in JESUS’ name  :hugs: :hug:

Nicole
    Keymaster

Omoge @liefde hun, tagging you in this thread, in case you want to take a break from the main IVF thread for a minute. Sending you loads of hugs! I’m here anytime you need to talk :hug:

Uchay @uchay sweetie, checking on you. How have you been?

Lena @mswhite, it’s been a minute. Sending you much love today  :hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.