Fibroids are muscular and non-malignant (benign or noncancerous) growths or tumors of the uterus (womb) during the childbearing years of a woman. Fibroids are also called uterine myomas, leimyomas or fibromas. Fibroids can be single or multiple in a woman.
One in five women has fibroids and about 70-80% of women experience fibroid before the age of 50.
Type of fibroids
The type of fibroid is determined by its location. There are four types of fibroid.
- Intramural fibroid: this type of fibroid is located within the lining of the uterus (womb). It is the most common types.
- Subserosa fibroid: this fibrosis is located on serosa. Serosa is outside of the uterus (womb). It gives the appearance of a side of the uterus (womb) bigger than the other side.
- Pedunculated fibroids: subserosal fibroids become pedunculated fibroid when it develops a stem to support the fibroid.
- Submucosal fibroid: it develops in the inner lining (myometrium) of the uterus. It is not common but it causes heavy bleeding during menstruation and infertility in women.
Causes of fibroid
The specific causes are not known medically but there are factors that are known to contribute to the development of fibroid and they are listed below.
- Hormonal imbalance(Elevated level of estrogens and progesterone)
- Family history (mother, aunty or sister)
- Pregnancy (Elevated level of estrogen and progesterone)
- Age-related factor(over 30 years)
Symptoms of fibroids
- Heavy bleeding during menstruation
- Period /menstrual pain
- Irregular menstruation
- Pelvic pain
- Pain during sex
- Frequent urination
- Swelling/enlargement of the abdomen
- Feeling of fullness in the lower abdomen
- Back age
- Discomfort in the lower abdomen
- Repeated/recurrence miscarriage
Diagnosis of fibroid
- Ultrasound is used to detect growth in / around the uterus (womb)
- Pelvic MRI, an imaging technique used to view the pelvic and the uterus
Medical treatment of fibroid
- Injections such as Gonadatropin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH), Agonist ( Leuprolid/Lump)
- Analgesics to relieve the pain e.g. ibuprofen
- Invasive technique such as surgery to remove the fibroid (myomectomy), surgery to remove the uterus (hysterectomy) and surgery to remove endometrium ( endometrial ablation)
- Less invasive method such as uterine artery embolization, forced ultrasound surgery (FUS), Myolysis (using hot water or electricity) and cryomyolysis (freezing the fibroid).
Fibroid and Yorubic Medicine
In Yorubic Medicine, fibroid are viewed as accumulation of reproductive toxins and the Yorubic Medicine approach of treating fibroid is to eliminate the toxins from the body and then the fibroid growths will shrink on their own.
Yorubic Medicine possesses several herbal formulations that can shrink fibroids through the elimination of toxins from the body.
Fibroid treatment at Bioceutic Herbal Enterprise
As a practitioner of Yorubic Medicine, I possess over seventy-five (75) Yorubic Medicine herbal formulations to shrink fibroids. I have used few of these Yorubic Medicine herbal formulations to help many women to shrink their fibroid and conceive with high success rate.
As the CEO of Bioceutic Herbals Enterprise, I have personally formulated a treatment plan for fibroid based on the ancient Yorubic Medicine. This plan involves the following:
- Fertility cleansing
(a) Total body cleansing (liver, colon, kidney and blood are cleanses of toxins
(b) Womb cleansing (to eliminate toxins in the womb).
– Fibroid shrinking powders (2) and liquids (2 oil and non-oil)
– Fertility boosting for conception.
For the treatment, you an contact me
Office Address: No 12, Osay, Complex, Opp, MM Ibrolak Filling Station, Agbo-Oba, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria.