Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition where there are excess or elevated androgens (male homones) like DHEA, androsteredione, androsterediol and testosterone in the system of a woman.
Androgens are always present in small amounts in woman without interfering with their reproductive health but in a case where they become elevated in women, they become a great problem that must be dealt with.
The other two features of PCOS are anovulation and polycystic ovaries.
In PCOS, the ovaries do not release egg again they become enlarged and contain many fluid-filled sacs (follicles) which surround the eggs.
Any two of these three features in a woman is concluded to be PCOS.
Causes of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Abnormal hormone levels (including high level of insulin)
- Family history
- Ovarian disease (PCOS or androgen-secreting homours)
- Adrenal gland disorder (angenital or acquired hyperplasia, androgen-secreting hormones)
- Prescription drugs like Dilantin, progestrogens, Corticosteroids, Corticotrophics, anabolic steroids.
- Post-menopausal state
- Reduces SHBG (increased availability of free androgens in circulation).
Symptoms of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Menstrual irregularity (including oligomenorrhoea, amenorrhea)
- Infertility as a result of failure to ovulate
- Acne/oily skin
- Weight gain
- Hirsutism( excess hair growth in the face, chest, back, or buttock)
- Voice deeping in advanced stage
- Breast atrophy in advanced stage.
Risks of PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Type 11 diabetes
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart attack
- Endometrial cancer
- Breast cancer
Diagnosis of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
No definitive test for PCOS. Medical history are usually reviewed and symptoms observed. Blood tests are also carried out to measure hormone levels. Other tests are thyroid function test, fasting glucose tests and lipid level tests.
Vaginal ultrasound can be carried out to see the image of your reproductive organs. Laparoscopy is carried out to check for growth in the ovaries.
Medical treatment of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
According to medical science there is no cure for PCOS but the treatment offered are only to control and managed the symptoms of PCOS.
Medication such as birth control pills, fertility drugs and anti-androgens are used to, manage the condition.
Sometimes surgery such as ovarian drilling is recommended. The surgery is meant to destroy part of the ovary.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and Yorubic Medicine
Whatever the cause maybe, Yorubic Medicine provides a means of balancing the hormones in the body and providing a conducive environment for the ovaries to provides eggs.
Depending on the Yorubic Medicine practitioner, Yorubic Medicine formulations that are usually recommended are meant to reduce hormones (such as testosterone DHEA, prolactin, androstenedione and androstenediol), to reduce the weight, to promote ovulation and cleanse the womb.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) treatment at Bioceutic Herbals Enterprise
Your treatment is given in a plan version. It is a total package that allows your body to adjust its hormonal levels back to normal, to reduce excess weight and to eliminate reproductive toxins.
The PCOS treatment plan involves
- Fertility cleansing
- Total body cleansing
- Womb cleansing
- Yorubic Medicine hormone balancers
- Yorubic Medicine weight reduction formulas
- Yorubic Medicine ovulation & fertility formulas.
For the treatment, you can contact me:
Phone number: 08060636985 (MTN)
Office Address: No 12, Osay, Complex, Opp, MM Ibrolak Filling Station, Agbo-Oba, Ilorin, Kwara State.