Amenorrhea is a condition whereby there is an absence of monthly menstruation or no menstruation.
There are two types of amenorrhea; they are primary amenorrhea and secondary amenorrhea.
This is a situation where there has never been menstruation before and there is usually absence of normal sexual development (pubic & axiliary hair, breast growth). In a case where the girl is less than 14 years old she may be just a late developer, but if older than 14 years, attention should be paid to the developmental hormones immediately.
Secondary Amenorrhea (Ceased/Stopped menstruation)
This means that there used to be a menstruation but it has ceased/ stopped to come. This may be due to natural causes but if it stays longer than six months in a female in her fertile years, then an expert must be consulted.
Causes of amenorrhea (Absent menstruation)
There are several reasons absent menstruation (amenorrhea) can occur. Some are normal; some are as a result of side effects of drugs while others are signs of medical problems.
The causes are divided into natural causes, hormonal causes, lifestyle causes, medical causes and structural causes.
Natural Causes of Absent Menstruation (Amenorrhea)
– Breast- feeding
– Ongoing Illness
Hormonal Causes of Absent Menstruation (Amenorrhea)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid malfunction
- Pituitary tumour
- Premature menopause
Lifestyle Causes of Absent Menstruation (Amenorrhea)
- Low body weight
- Excessive exercise
- Extreme or prolonged stress
- Overweight (obesity)
- Poor nutrition
Medical Causes of Absent Menstruation (Amenorrhea)
- Contraceptives (birth control) pills, injections or implants
- Medications such as Antipsychotics, Antidepressant, blood pressure drugs, Allergy medications, and Cancer Chemotherapy
Structural Causes of Absent Menstruation (Amenorrhea)
- Uterine scarring
- Lack of reproductive organs
- Structural abnormality of the vagina
Symptoms of Absent Menstruation (Amenorrhea)
The symptoms depend on the cause of the Absent Menstruation (Amenorrhea)
- Absent of period or menstruation
- Milky nipple discharge
- Hair loss
- Vision changes
- Excess facial hair
- Pelvic pain
- Anovulation (infertility)
Diagnosis of Absent Menstruation (amenorrhea)
- Blood test for hormone levels e.g prolactin, luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH)
- Ultrasound to view your ovaries, uterus and check for abnormal growths
- CT scan to check masses and tumours in your gland and organs
Medical Treatment of Absent Menstruation (Amenorrhea)
- Treatment depends on the cause
- Medications such as bromocriptine
- Surgery to remove ovarian cysts, scar tissues or uterine lesions
Absent Menstruation (Amenorrhea) and Yorubic Medicine Treatments
In Yorubic Medicine, we call Absent Menstruation (amenorrhea) airi alejo, airi nkan osu, airi ase obinrin, which literarily means lack of menstruation or lack of monthly period. We also call it by the name ora. According to Yorubic Medicine, apart from the natural causes listed above, the pathological causes include a block in blood flow in the womb area a worm called ginisa and somuroro or ase omu or ase oyan (Hyperprolactinemia and PCOS).
Yorubic Medicine makes use of varieties of herbal formulations in powdered, liquid and ash forms to tackle absent menstruation (Amenorrhea) some of the herbs found in these complex herbal formulations are karandafi (Sorghum bicolor), osan wewe (citrus arantifolia ) etc.
With Yorubic Medicine treatment, your menstruation will start coming regularly and the hormonal imbalance will be corrected.
Your lifestyle is another major factor apart from Yorubic Medicine herbal formulations. Your nutrition, exercise routine, weight, stress level, etc must be taken care of.
My Yorubic Medicine treatment plan for Absent menstruation includes the following.
- Fertility cleansing
- Total body cleansing
- Womb cleansing
- Menstrual stimulation Yorubic medicine formulations
- Fertility boosting Yorubic Medicine formulations
- Ovulation boosting Yorubic Medicine formulations.
For absent menstruation you can call my number 08060636985 or send whatsapp message to me through the same number.
For the treatment, you an contact me
Office Address: No 12, Osay, Complex, Opp, MM Ibrolak Filling Station, Agbo-Oba, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria.