A group focused on all women-related issues.

Women's Social Issues

32 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Nicole 6 days, 22 hours ago
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

:rofl: :rofl:   :rofl:

I haven’t heard anything from them(Awon feminist) and I am deeply surprised even the international community are in support of whats ongoing in Zimbabwe.**double standard.**

The speech and the statement of the army confirms my speculations about whats possibly going to happen. The army was and is involved in politics and all they wanted earlier was to bring back the sacked VP and make sure Grace is not going to be their president but Grace stepped on their toes hence why they have decided to make Mugabe step down.

The speech was a shock to the whole world as many cling to their TV :rofl: and the way its looking now I am of the opinion he will be impeached because he is a well known ”stubborn man” however he made himself foolish with his entrepreneurial speech. His case will be like that of Abacha whereby people rejoiced over his death than mourning him. :-(

”…93 years old and still wants to die in power.” he wanted to die a hero but he miscalculated and his wife didn’t help matters.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Testing! Testing!!

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Here is the link: http://punchng.com/bilyamin-bello-the-double-standards-that-define-us/

cc: @oluwakemine, @bosa, @nicole, @bibi, @ldike

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Pearl @pearl, it is this very stance that I don’t agree with. It is traumatic that that man would die at his wife’s hands like that, on suspicion of infidelity but I do not agree that it is matter that is being swept aside. However, the noise about it isn’t much as it is when a woman is involved but does it mean, the case isn’t been prosecuted? I think, that’s the koko. It’s ensuring that she’s punished that matters, not the noise on social media.

I particularly find it distasteful, when people victim blame.   I was having this very conversation with a female lawyer just week, because I was concerned at the rate at which women were committing domestic violence.  The law is gender neutral, the law states persons, it didn’t say woman. Let the law takes it’s course and she bears the consequences.

Imagine, the accused had the temerity to cover her own face but exposed that of her seven months old baby.  B-)   I just wonder.

linda
    Participant
    @ldike

@pearl @oluwakemine what do you want them to say now? This doesn’t help the  ‘movement’ so I am not expecting them to say anything

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha: @ldike.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@oluwakemine: ” However, the noise about it isn’t much as it is when a woman is involved but does it mean,…”

I personally think not talking much about men been victims means a lot as this will not balance the notion that both genders can be victims of domestic violence as opposed to how the media made it one sided in favor of the women been victims. This also fuels a boomerang which might happen in the future.

As we are training women and girls, are we also training the men and boys? :unsure:

This caught my attention: ”…I was concerned at the rate at which women were committing domestic violence. The law is gender neutral, the law states persons, it didn’t say woman. Let the law takes it’s course and she bears the consequences.”

It might interest you to know that the law is sometimes, if not in most cases bias when it comes to gender issues.

@ldike: :haha: :haha: Your response was what DH said to me…”what do you want them to say, it doesn’t help the propaganda.”

That aside; I really do need some enlightenment/education about the ongoing Libya slave trade. I see videos ans have read articles saying Libyans are selling Africans most especially Nigerians…my questions is are Libyans not Africans? If they are not Africans, what are they? I am really :wacko: Help!!!

linda
    Participant
    @ldike

@pearl you just read the thoughts in my mind. Are Libyans not Africans??!!? But you know what north Africans have always had this ‘superior’ air around them. Egyptians, Algerians etc would rather form an alliance with middle east than with Africans. It is just really horrific that this is happening in 2018. The irony though is that after watching a few interviews of some guys that have experienced being sold as slaves, I get the feeling that for them , returning to Nigeria feels even more hopeless than remaining where they are. How did we get here as a nation?

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

“This also fuels a boomerang which might happen in the future.” Pearl @pearl, this boomerang effect is exactly what I think is happening now, as seen in women who are taking the lives of their spouses on whatever pretext. Women for thousands of years have been good sport, when it came to issues of infidelity, making a marriage work and lots of other things. They are called the weaker sex but are actually expected to do more, unfortunately, ladies nowadays are either not conditioned that way or are deliberately un-conditioning (if such a word exists) regarding these issues and there goes the boomerang effect.

If we continue to have different expectations for our boys and girls and raise them like that, I guess, we know where we are going to be in the future. I say this cautiously but I think, men’s macho conditioning is one of the reasons we are here too. They can’t share their struggles as freely as women. Take for instance, our platform here, we have more women here than men, and then they hardly engage, because they have been conditioned to think, they should be self sufficient.

Either way, the ball is in the court of parents to raise children, that will know better than to fall victims of domestic violence or worse, become perpetrators of the the evil.

The law is bias, I know. On gender issues alone? Not necessarily, I can only hope that it takes it course in this matter and several other ones.

Let’s talk Libya. CNN actually aired the video of the slavery in Libya less than two weeks after the death of the 26 Nigerian women. Nothing was said, it was though, it didn’t even happen. Now, everyone and their dog is on social media crying about slavery and still no action. Cameroon’s Eto took a plane to save his compatroits there, our Madam Abike Dabiri is still pained about the funeral they didn’t allow her to attend in Italy as a guest that, she hasn’t said anything. :ignore:

Honestly, I’m tired of the noise without action.  :yellowcard:   :yellowcard:

Black Africans may think Libyans are Africans but I think, they identify more with their Arab brothers than us down there. But Black slavery in 2017 is just :sick:   I feel too strongly about this matter to be rational honestly. :sadangel:   :sadangel:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Linda @ldike, the hopelessness of the returnees was just too obvious. Too sad to watch. Unless we get our acts right as a nation, a lot more Nigerians are going to end up in Libya, crossing the Mediterranean Sea, Italy and the works. Nigeria is sad these days. :sadangel:   :sadangel:   :sadangel:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Hummm @ldike; I get you but the Libyans rallying around the middle east has to do with proximity, religion and trades.**I think.** Maybe the Middle east and international body are now defining who they are that is why Morocco is begging to join ECOWAS. :unsure: or maybe for selfish reasons called ”trade.”

How did we get here…well, this has been on for a long time and the investigation by CNN is just a tip of the iceberg. At least, I am aware that every summer since the past 6years loads and lots of people cross that path before ending in various destinations.

@oluwakemine: Abike Dabiri is just an dunce who has little or no knowledge about Nigerians in diaspora and collecting salary. I was watching a live interview where she said they could have run to Nigerian embassy, I was like :saywhat: Embassy. I was so angry that day that everyone around me got a share of it.

I have been to some NG embassies outside Nigeria just to renew my passport but ended up coming to Nigeria just for that purpose due to the corruption, delay and lack of professionalism(privacy issues) in those embassies. And some special dunce is talking about getting help…help my foot.

”Honestly, I’m tired of the noise without action…” well, that is what we are known for. Empty barrel makes the loudest noise. The noise will be swept under the carpet soon with another emerging such that we have too many cases and all we can do is talk and not take actions.

Sad but that’s the reality.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Mainagate is becoming more interesting by the day as I am loving Oyo-Ita Winifred. :yahoo:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha:   :haha: Pearl @pearl, I’m just going to wait this out before I join in this dance.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Just woke up to another saga from Imo State as Rochas made his Sister the commissioner for happiness and couples fulfillment. Please, does anyone on this forum know him personally because I think they need a Ministry which I can head in respect of fertilization and human increment. I know what my job descriptions are, so no worries…Lets continue with the useless portfolios and nepotism. Are we all game. :wacko:   :scratch:

cc: @oluwakemine, @nicole, @ldike, @bosa, @bibi.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.