A group focused on all women-related issues.

Women's Social Issues

12 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 1 week, 1 day ago
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for hello

Hello ladies, :hi: :hi: Welcome to the Women’s Social Issues thread where we will talking about trending issues affecting us as women and giving our opinions.

If nothing, we will be airing our views and lending our perception to the social discourse, so let’s get cracking.

One subject that’s making me wonder is this video of popular female preacher, Pastor Funke Felix Adejumo, declaring  women failures, if they were unable to dip their hands into their pockets and give their husbands money when they ask. Personally,I feel like finances in marriage can be a tricky issue without calling either parties failure. Couples work together differently and cooperation is the koko, every other thing is just by the way.

cc: @nicole @pearl @bsquared @hotmaama @nekkyg @sparkle @poshsonia @peace @yinca @stephanie @bosa @bibi @irenej @smiley

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

I can write a book about this @oluwakemine:haha:

Its quite unfortunate we live in a society that glorifies people like this and more painful is that she preys and feed on the vulnerability of the people. And people call her **pastors wife** :unsure: who gave her mic self… :unsure:

The woman there is naive and I pity those supporting her views.

A housewife been a colossal failure because she isn’t financially buoyant is now a yard stick to measure success…she should clap for herself.

This are the set of people that make women go out of their ways while trying to compete with men in this case their husbands and their peers. It might interest her to know that some housewives are financially buoyant than some working women or men.

But come to think of it…must every woman ”work,” what are you working for if you can not have a good family/home and have rest of mind. What if ones persons income(husbands income) is enough to build a home.

Personally, I am of the opinion  that people like this do not understand what it means to be married, have a good home and be successful.

I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING this woman for it is a shame to say or call another fellow woman colossal failure because she doesn’t fit into her agenda.

cc: @nicole, @bibi, @ldike, @mimi1, @diamondsblings, @ddo, @bosa, @aadaora.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

You actually wrote a book Pearl @pearl :haha:   :haha:   It is quite unfortunate and to think that video has gone viral and many women will be running around, looking for money as though, they are not doing enough already.

What works for Mrs A might not work for Mrs B.

Honestly, I can’t even be bothered about the labels but the damage done to other woman with no sense of self is just “colossal” to use her words.

Women in the spotlight have a responsibility to make other women look good, mentor others for the spotlight, not cast labels around. B-)   B-)

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@oluwakemine: Your last statement is why most women are been looked down on…Women looking down on one another and those in the spotlight have in my opinion not done good justices to portray women as beings with individual minds on their own.

Every thing is now graded in finance and ephemeral things. One of the many reasons why women aren’t taking serious in the society. :-(

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

It’s a hard pill to swallow @pearl but women can be their own worst enemies at times.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Who is a political enthusiast here…

I’m concerned about the unfolding story that is almost dying down and I hope this woman Oyo-Ita will not succumb to pressure like they did with other cases. I will be very happy if she stands her ground and not compromise.

Just passing by… @oluwakemine, @nicole, @smiley.

Moving forward, Lagos state governor (Ambode) appoints new Head of Service which is a Female. This makes me wonder who is stopping women from not becoming what they want/joining politics or is there something I am missing/not understanding.

Are there indeed discrimination between Men and Women when it comes to Jobs/Politics. :unsure:

**Please, tag others. Thanks in Advance.**

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Pearl @pearl, I used to be a political enthusiast until my poor heart couldn’t the numerous disappointments. I still get stirred when women are involved but I’m just jaded, so I tend to take a passer-by view to politics these days.

I’m actually pleasantly surprised that it is a woman at the centre of the Maina saga and I hope she maintains her integrity. A lot of things depend on it. Otherwise, the story might just change.

As for Lagos, it has always been a trailblazer in appointing women and even electing women but the tendency for the women not to be any better than the men makes them all the same… at least in my opinion. B-)   B-)

Congratulations to to the new HOS and godspeed with her assignment. :plane:

But Oyo-Ita sounds like a strong woman sha. :bodyb:   :bodyb:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@oluwakemine: You are right.

haha…looks like we both share shame views about both genders; like my sister would say ”They are same of same.” :blush:

Oyo-Ita does sounds like a strong woman who knows her onions well and I hope she keeps it that way else the rhetoric about women in politics continues. :-(

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

We can keep hoping  that Oyo-Ita would do what’s right @pearl.

This statement is so spot on, ”They are same of same.”. Patricia Ette, Stella Oduah, Deziani Allison- Maduekwe and the rest of their crew members, who are no better than the men, they met there. I guess, they just continued from where the men left.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Whats this news flying around about Sexual harassment and sexual abuse that happened over decades ago. :unsure: @oluwakemine.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Which ones oh Pearl @pearl, because they are plenty these days? Hollywood scene most though.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Yes, the Hollywood and US congress @oluwakemine but before those were the catholic priests in Australia(Cardinal George Pell) and Canada.

My concern is why are they coming out decadesssssssss later and its societal implications now?

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

For the Hollywood scandals, @pearl, I think, this is just the season for tell-alls, as more and more women feel empowered to share their experiences many years after the fact. But it doesn’t make the impact any less. Again, many of these accused persons are not denying the claims, they are just reacting selectively, like that Harvey guy who denounced Lupita’s claim of sexual harrassment because she was a Black woman. Abeg I can’t deal.

And US Congress, they have not finished…so, I’m waiting  B-)   Those Catholic priest allegations have been the most drawn out cases, that I don’t know where it stopped and where it is at now.

But you know the one I’m looking forward to? That of Nigeria’s. :muaha:   :muaha:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.