Helping in the quest to shift those unwanted pounds!

Nicole's Weight Loss Journal

223 replies, 10 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Nicole Nicole 1 month ago
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thursday, May 7th 2015

I was kinda cheesed off after this morning’s weigh-in jooor  :growl mad:. Managed to start the day well…but I ended up comfort eating a bit. Soooo, in the spirit of disclosure:

Untitled

Breakfast: 2 cups of moin-moin (as pictured above) + 1 caprisone (sorry, but I was in the nail studio, and I was thirsty  :blush:)

Snack: I drank garri :blush:

Lunch: 1 grilled chicken sandwich + fries + Fanta (you see :unsure: )

Total calories consumed: 1,618  :dohh: 

My people, I dey go jo…make I no go die! I’ll check in as soon as we land. Kisses, and may the force be with us  ;-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

My people, e be like say na back to square 1 when I return oh  :wacko:

NYC wasn’t bad. For as much as I ate, we walked up and down the streets of Manhattan enough to burn it all off. However, we’re spending some days with my husband’s uncle in Maryland, whose wife believes in chop-to-quench! As I speak, I have just been fed with a huge plate of pounded yam and edikainkong soup. I’m so bloated! We leave for London tomorrow night, so I hope I’m able to recalibrate there.

Adaora (@adaoraa), how far with your own?  :-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

My people, e be like say na back to square 1 when I return oh  :wacko:

NYC wasn’t bad. For as much as I ate, we walked up and down the streets of Manhattan enough to burn it all off. However, we’re spending some days with my husband’s uncle in Maryland, whose wife believes in chop-to-quench! As I speak, I have just been fed with a huge plate of pounded yam and edikainkong soup. I’m so bloated! We leave for London tomorrow night, so I hope I’m able to recalibrate there.

Adaora (@adaoraa), how far with your own?  :-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Hi lovely people! So, I’m back on the wagon now  :yes:

Untitled

So, that’s the number I got on the scale this morning. Not as bad as I thought, considering all my over indulgence  :blush:. +0.9kg isn’t too bad. Anyhoo, I’m back on it now. So…reset, reboot, restart  :good:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

My people!!!!

So, I started the day well. Had 2 scotch eggs and a smoothie for breakfast, moin moon for lunch….and then I scattered myself with Celebrations chocolates  :dohh:  :dohh:  :dohh:

The irony is that I didn’t want to buy it oh. It was my husband that insisted on buying a few packs for “visitors”. 2 days in, and I have eaten most of the chocolates myself!!  :blush:

Nicole!!!! Hmmm! Tomorrow is another day.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thursday, May 21st

So, I’m still trying to settle into a routine.

I didn’t do too badly today. Even though I had akara for breakfast ( :blush:  :blush: @adaoraa). I tried to have a healthy lunch by way of moin-moin, but I spoilt it by drinking garri. Thankfully, I had finished all the Bounty and Galaxy chocolates in the Celebrations pack, so I didn’t go down that slippery path.

Okay…here’s my excuse! I haven’t gone grocery shopping since I got back, hence I haven’t been able to stock up on my healthy options. I know it sounds lame, but it’s the truth. So, I’m doing that tomorrow, and hopefully I’ll be right back on track  :good:

Except for next week Tuesday! I get a free pass on Tuesday oh!!!  :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:

Profile gravatar of lovingmythreeangels
    lovingmythreeangels
    Participant
    @Kenechukwu

At least, one of us is getting it right. Me….I have no idea what’s going on. Last week, I was on fire..this week  :dohh: I will try my best to be better at lunch and dinner. These guys here have surrounded me with all sorts here at work..  :cry:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Sweetie (@kenechukwu), I’m also in your shoes oh. But like you adviced me yesterday, just shake off the failures and try to be better :good:. You can make up for it by eating healthy for lunch and dinner. And I know how tempting it can be with those office treats  :dohh:. Just try hun :hugs:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

My dear people….I didn’t just fall off the wagon. I somersaulted off it, and proceeded to roll down the hill. But you know what….

I am jumping right back on it with such force, it won’t know what hit it!!!!! 70kg is mine before the end of June…AMEN!!!  :haha:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

So….it’s Monday, and that means the start of my renewed weight loss efforts!!!

That means strict adherence to my diet, at least 3ce weekly 1-hour gym sessions, and full disclosure in my food journal….even on weekends. I won’t bother with a weigh in this week (my chubby face says it all  :cry:)…but I’ll do that next week. I’ll also try the inch measurement comparison, as @adaoraa suggested.

Wish me luck ladies :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

I’m here in my parents house to pick my kids…and my Dad is eating this plate of jollof rice that is assaulting me from all angles. Steaming hot jollof rice!!!! Chai!!! Anyway sha, I have resisted temptation. Na wa oh. Where is the high speed metabolism of my 20s :cry:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Monday, 1st June 2015

Hmmm….food journal…have I missed you? I don’t know oh :dohh:

Untitled

Breakfast: 2 oatmeal & raisin cookies + Black(ish) Tea

Lunch: Battered prawns + water with lemon

Snack: 2 pieces of meat (at least, I didn’t eat the jollof rice  :haha:)

Snack 2: 1 banana

Dinner: 1 cup of mango smoothie

Snack 3: Fistful of groundnuts

Total Calories: 1,109

Too scared to hop on a scale till at least a week of dieting, so no ticker  :wacko:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Tuesday, 2nd June, 2015

Today was okay. At least I got to go to the gym. But one young lady gave me the eye when I took a picture of my food today. Shiorrr…na she sabi!

Untitled

Breakfast: 2 oatmeal cookies + Blackish Tea (you can tell I like routine huh)

Lunch: Beef suya + fries (okay, I could have done without the fries, but the suya portion was ridiculous! So tiny! And I was already freakishly hungry…so I just had to…sorry :dohh:)

Snack: 2 little Kit Kat bars….would you believe??!! Even I was shocked! I got to my Parents house after my gym session, and my brother handed me a pack. I was gisting with my Mom, I didn’t even know what I was doing. It was mid way through the 2nd bar that I was like “Wait oh!!! What am I doing???!!!!” Can you just imagine!!!!!  :growlmad:  :growlmad:

Dinner: Mango smoothie

Total calories: 1,270  :growlmad:

Anyhoo, so I went to the gym today, and did an hour on the treadmill. Calorie Count says I burnt 655 calories, so fingers crossed.

Here’s a little TMI for you. So, I always take a pair of comfortable panties when I go to the gym, instead of my usual spans  :haha:. Anyway oh, today I forgot to pack the panties in my gym bag and hence I had to exercise in my body magic! Oh boy! I felt so firm and cinched! Wearing spanx to the gym is the way to go oh  :haha:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

I forgot to give you this gist yesterday :haha:

So I got these 2 pairs of Zara pants when I was away. I tried on the size 12, and it was as if they were sprayed on….so so tight!!!! I don’t have a large bum like that, but the pants actually made it look like I was J-Lo! Not cool for formal attire. So I grudgingly bought the size 14  :negative:  :negative:

Anyway oh, I wore one of them yesterday….and it was like I was in a sack! I looked so frumpy, but rather than be sad, I was rejoicing  :haha:. Apparently, they are the kind of pants that expand whilst you wear them. So, I guess I am making a bit of progress na….abi ;-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Wednesday, 3rd June, 2015

@adaoraa, I will blame you for today oh….putting rice in my brain :wacko:

Untitled

Breakfast: (say it with me) 2 oatmeal & raisin cookies + blackish tea

Lunch: Some beef/veg/sweet sauce with Chinese fried rice & fresh pineapple juice:dohh:

Dinner: Hmmmmm….more rice oh! Couldn’t resist Mom’s jollof rice today :dohh:

Total calories consumed: 1,350

Total calories burnt: 604

The good news is I did 1 hour in the gym today. The better news is the fruit detox starts tomorrow  ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.