Helping in the quest to shift those unwanted pounds!

Nicole's Weight Loss Journal

307 replies, 11 voices Last updated by  linda 1 week ago
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 308 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha:   Your hand now has a mind of its own oh @nicole :haha:   :haha:   A Fish dinner is enough penance for the damage done by the smoothie and chocolate.  And that smoothie looks delish.

Bos @bosa, will try this shrimp salad oh. No dressing?

Becca @smiley, :heart:   :heart:   just get back on the weight loss wagon and co-opt oga if it makes it easier, because it’s not easy preparing orisirisi for hubby and denying yourself just to lose weight. Or how have you been doing it?

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@nicole you didn’t know when your hand stretched out? :haha: Re-arrange them out of your sight for your boss.

@oluwakemine i use a dressing when having this salad, I use some but not much. You can make a dressing with Olive oil and some pepper, garlic.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

One thousand Island dressing nko @bosa or even mayo? With the suggested dressing, everything will be tasting too healthy B-)

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Oluwakemi.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thousand Island ko, million island ni @oluwakemine :haha: . Funnily enough, mayo is allowed on KETO, so I tend to use it for some of my meals. But you know, even with the seasoned olive oil, the salad should still taste great.

And I’ll try to control myself, regarding the chocolates and sweet treats Kemi and @bosa :haha:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha: Ehn ehn, Mayo is allowed on Keto diet?  Okay, we will try and see how it goes @nicole

Bos @bosa, I hope the soreness has all left today and you’re ready for your aerobics class. :bodyb:   :bodyb:

Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

Thank you Ladies for your encouragement. I need help where the guilty trip is concerned. I can so take thiose trips even when i know i am speaking the truth. Not to add when i do something negative. God help me.

So i decided to go on Keto diet finally on Sunday. I mixed cabbage, cucmber, titus sardine, cameroon pepper and mayo for lunch. I ate the first half and then i felt like throwing up. So i added indomie noodles to supplement it. I didnt take anything for that whole day again until 12 midnight when i helped myself to some cashew nuts before sleeping.

Monday was better. I finally had the Cucumber and Fish sauce. It was delish. I went the extra mile of buying fish again from the cafeteria and i ate. Shebi fish cant be too much. Ala, i got home and there was no food for DH and his sibling to eat so i bought rice from one mama outside my house (something i have not done in my 3 years of marriage), prepared jollof rice and ate 2 serving spoons with a lot of cabbage with DH screaming “You are not meant to eat carbohydrates” into my ears. Thankfully, the cabbage wasted the carbs. I didnt feel it at all.

Tuesday, my boss gave me off due to the rain. Mhen, rain that fell from some mins to 88 till past 1pm, you go fear the rain. I ate sweet potatoes and a bit of yam (dont beat me), cooked beans with plenty water for DH and his sibling. When it was done, i scooped the water with lil quantity of beans and drank/ate. :mail: Then i made peppersoup and continued the drinking levels. Need i say my toilet hear am as i kept getting up to pee? I had a slight headache due to that.

Today, no food yet as huger never hold me. I dey follow your footsteps well @nicole?

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Becca @smiley, wow, you try no be small oh :good:   :good:   :good:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@smiley my dear, you have tried no be small. I’m proud of you. Of course, all that your logic of the cabbage wasting the carbs made me  :haha:   :rofl: , but at least, you don try. Let me tell you the trick about KETO. If you don’t prepare ahead, that is expressway to failure! It is a commitment, and if you don’t prep, my dear e no go work!

And that your job is awesome oh! Day off because of rain! Ah, your boss is an angel!

As for me, I’ve been having some personal stress, so fell off the wagon yesterday and today. Enjoying a v-e-r-y naughty day today (cake naughty), but I plan to get back stronger and better tomorrow :bodyb:

ALUTA continua!

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha:   :haha: Victoria Acerta ladies @nicole @smiley

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

I keep posting and i dont see my post….

@smiley you try… :rofl: on the cabbage wash.

As @nicole said meal prep is so important, I guess you can stock up this long weekend. Try the cauliflower for rice substitute. I’m researching a cheaper alternative for quinoa which is what i use.

Keep it up, Goodluck :good:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

The link i keep trying to post isn’t allowing my posts.

Extracts Copied below.
    <h4>NUTRITION</h4>
    Quinoa: It has 8g Protein per cup, it’s a complete one, which means it has all the essential amino acid your body need. It is moderate in Calories which are 220 per cup. It has good amounts of B vitamins especially Folate, and has a good amounts of minerals like Magnesium, and Manganese. And has 5g of Fiber.

Bulgur: It has less Protein which is 6g per cup, and less Calories than quinoa per cup, which is around 150. For the vitamins, it has good amount of Vitamin E and almost the same B Vitamins composition, but with less amount. And the same thing goes with minerals. But it’s higher in Fibers which are 8g.

If you are watching calories, and looking for weight loss, bulgur may be a better option for you. If you are looking for maximizing your vitamins and minerals intake, you should go for quinoa.
    <h4>GLUTEN FREE</h4>
    A big difference between quinoa, and bulgur, that quinoa is a gluten free seed. Bulgur is made from wheat kernels, that makes it hard for anyone follow gluten free diet to try it. So it’s an advantage for quinoa.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bosa thanks hun. I don’t understand this posting wahala ohhh! Can’t wait for when we move to our new theme!

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

KETO Diary

Monday, October 09, 2017

Back on the KETO grind today  :wacko:

Breakfast was a meagre meal of boiled eggs. But it actually took care of business. Also had black tea.

Lunch was way better. Cabbage fufu and ogbono soup. Yummy!

I think I might have allowance for a sorbet on my way home. I discovered them at Hans & Rene near me, and everyone knows sorbets are healthy right :whistle: . Only about 20g of fat :whistle: . So I might give myself a treat…yay or nay?

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

That breakfast was real meagre @nicole  but the lunch looks good.

Sorbet, 20g fat and a day of keto, sounds like a plan. Any particular flavours in mind?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@oluwakemine, it was the BESTESTEST watermelon sorbet ever  :icecream:   :icecream:

If @bosa can be eating rice, me too can eat sorbet  :haha:   :drunk:

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 308 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.