Helping in the quest to shift those unwanted pounds!

Nicole's Weight Loss Journal

345 replies, 11 voices Last updated by  Pearl 2 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 346 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

See the way, you’re describing the meal oh :haha: @nicole. It is definitely an acquired taste.

And Bos @bosa, your diet is on point mehn, no rice? That’s the real deal.

I get what you mean about a fat belly being obvious on your frame. But biko, take it easy oh.

I can start the diary thread for you Bos or better still talk you through it, when you have a moment. Meanwhile, take a look at this link, http://thefertilechickonline.com/groups/weight-loss-group/forum/topic/how-to-create-a-new-topic-10/

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@oluwakemine truly acquired taste, and that’s all that matters. No rice ke!!!! :nope: Love my rice too much for that oh  :munch: I am only reducing rice meals to twice a week, i see, realistically thrice :haha: I also want to add brown rice, i do not know why i cant acquire the taste each time i try.

See @nicole, @oluwakemine sees the fat belly ;-) . It is even the lower tummy so it is quite annoying in clothes. I will post a picture tomorrow. I didn’t have that after pregnancy, all these drama started after IVF cycles so i blame the medications…..shey if i even had :bfp: i couldn’t care less, but epic :bfn: so i need that stomach to get flat as hormone overload will re-occur in future. :bodyb:

Thanks @oluwakemine i shall buzz you if i encounter any issues tomorrow. God help me keep up with the diary. :angel:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bosa, you and @oluwakemine must have double strength vision, because I see nathing! And :haha: about not being able to do without rice :haha: . Realistically for me is maybe Sundays, as per eating with the family. I’m glad I’ve ‘acquired’ the taste for substitutes oh. God help me :haha:

@oluwakemine, I kuku offered you the cabbage fufu when you were in my house, and you refused.

And meanwhile Bos, that :bfp: is so loading!   :heart:   :heart:

Looking forward to reading that diary!!!

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Why are you qualifying that BFN with epic nau @bosa? We are rooting for a  :bfp:   in the nearest future.

As for rice, perhaps if you do more of the brown rice, you will acquire the taste :haha:

I see that lower belly bulge oh, because I carry one around like that. My children have even done several christening ceremonies because of it. B-) It’s annoying.

It’s not just the hormones, lifestyle is a factor too, so this aerobic class is a great. :good: I have taken to going on long brisk walk in the evenings. It helped when I first started but I think, my body has adjusted now. I’ll still be trying sha..

Nicole @nicole, you have turned into a keto guru, except for when your sweet tooth takes over. That’s why, you can make the meals sound so yummy :munch:   :munch:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Amen and Thanks ladies @oluwakemine @nicole

Cabbage Fufu!! @oluwakemine i will scream No thank you on your behalf… :haha: It is truly amazing how far you have come @nicole from sweet tooth to embracing fufu cabbage and caulirice. :good: It’s okay to cheat and indulge your sweet tooth please what is life without those? ;-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bosa , my cabbage fufu na die!!! But yes oh, a few months ago, I would have been like  :sick:   :sick: . But see what shakara can cause :haha:

@oluwakemine, not all of us are super skinny. The rest of us have to make lemonade out of our lemonssss  :wine:

Meanwhile Bosa…that’s how I was typing in someone’s diary, and it just disappeared!!! Warrapened naaa  :scratch:   :scratch:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha:   @nicole. I hear you oh about being born skinny. I sha saw all those throwback photos, you shared months back. Anyways, it gives me hope that there’s some decent weight gain in my future :icecream:   :icecream:

As for someone’s diary, she wanted to add something to the title, hence the disappearance. She will be

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@nicole don’t mind me oh. I can be quite pedantic, then i copied and forgot to paste on word. Went on to reply an email and lost the write up :cry: Post should be up soon.

@oluwakemine your body has carried 4 kids in 2s, even your body will react, abeg you still look too good… :good:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

I see post is up Bos @bosa:good:   :good:

I hear you oh. My body should not be reacting anyhow sha. B-).

Becca
    Participant
    @Smiley

Lord help me. I really need to stop eating rice. I will do the cucumber and fish sauce tonight. I really have to stop Rice, Yam and Plantain. Because i didnt eat yesterday morning, i got home hungry, ate boiled yam and plantain with fish sauce then went to bed. Its like i have almost gained all the weight i have lost. Hubby even yarbed me saying i cannot do away with rice till it grows on my head. To make it all worse, i ate small rice and plenty vegetables as breakfast. Though small but still rice. I decided the only solution would be to go without rice in the house.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Becca.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

What a combo @smiley. I can almost feel the weight creeping up but no repeat performance biko. At least not today. :hugs:  To start with, you can try reducing your intake of the white carbs, rather than a total stop.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@smiley, my dear don’t beat yourself up about it! I am your number 1 BREAD and RICE fan…with yam also playing a supporting role. But my dear, it’s thinking of all the weight that I need to lose that had kept me on my toes.

Try the cucumbers hun. I promise you, with the right sauce it will taste just like yam :haha: . I’m not even kidding!

The secret is to pick one’s self after falling. Yes, you ate yam…and then rice again for breakfast (LOL)…but just be sure not to fall again today :hugs: .

Because we must hit our target weight, by force ohhh  :bodyb:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

KETO Diary

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Okay…so this isn’t KETO compliant, but all I wanted today was a nice, cold smoothie!!! So I got this apple, banana, grape and pineapple one, and it was soooooo good  :wine:

Lunch/dinner will be fish…only! Penance for the smoothie (and the taste of chocolate I had today  :blush: )

@oluwakemine @bosa @smiley

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@smiley don’t worry, get back on the weight loss train and be determined to stay there. You could tell hubby no more rice in the house since he is yabbing you :-) he can as well partake in the weight loss regime ;-) I love rice so i can’t imagine cutting it off completely so i think you could make it gradual but ration the portions much more.

You could also try chicken salads, the avocado shrimp salad is quite simple – also filling – half an avocado, lettuce, 5-6shirmps and tomato.

@nicole So fresh = delicious smoothie. So those fruits aren’t Keto compliant? Where did you see the chocolate to taste? Flee from temptation :haha:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bosa, chocolate was from the stash Oga returned with from the Amerique oh! He always fills these large jars and leaves them all around the office. I didn’t know when my hand stretched there  :blush:

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 346 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.