Helping in the quest to shift those unwanted pounds!

Nicole's Weight Loss Journal

234 replies, 11 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Nicole Nicole 5 hours, 42 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

If you say so Nicole @nicole, but you have to share recipe oh

Profile gravatar of linda
    linda
    Participant
    @ldike

I have had so much fun reading this journal .keep it up @nicole i need to surround myself with people like you oh.

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@ldike, na your fine face be this?  :heart:   :heart:

LOL! Thanks for reading my dear. The struggle is real for some of us oh! We want to be as fine as you  ;-) ;-) ;-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

KETO DIARY

April 5, 2017

Cloud bread burger for brunch. It was soooooooo gooooood!  :heart:   :heart:   :heart:

Been back on the diet this week, after a few road blocks. Last week, I went to Uyo. First of all, on the menu of the small hotel I was lodged in, there was absolutely nothing KETO-friendly, save for eating only meat. So that’s how I ordered Fisherman’s Soup (not okra oh) and pounded yam. The thing was delicious…but OH BOY! The upset stomach that followed no be here  :sick:   :sick:

The result was that I was put off all food. Good, right? Except the only food I could tolerate where bland meals…translate to mean bread and chips. If there were any less KETO-friendly meals…

I did spend about 70 minutes on the treadmill each day, while there, so hopefully, it countered any bad I did  :unsure:

But now…here’s the kicker.

DH has said I shouldn’t lose any more weight. See me see trouble oh! When I still have a-ways to go! Hian! I don’t know if I should obey or continue till I lose this last 4kg. What do you think?

For lunch today, I ordered a low carb meal from Nellies (baked chicken thigh and some veggies), so excited about that  :yahoo:

Fingers crossed, there will be a weigh in this weekend!

@oluwakemine @bosa @pearl @adaoraa @ldike

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Nigerian businesses need to fear God oh!

Look what I paid N1,500 from Nellies. The so called ‘Baked Chicken Leg’. What I got were chicken scraps  :growlmad:   :growlmad:   :growlmad:   :growlmad:   :growlmad:   :growlmad:   :growlmad:   :growlmad:

@oluwakemine @bosa @pearl @adaoraa @ldike

Profile gravatar of linda
    linda
    Participant
    @ldike

@nicole honestly your post made me laugh, brightening up my some what crappy day. Na baked chicken leg be this hehe. Sorry ooo. Lol. As per weight loss, if it were me, i would go ahead and lose the last 4kg (stubborn me) that’s because I would probably add a few,more before settling at a weight to maintain

Profile gravatar of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Jesus…This is the type of food someone will say ”Aye mi, temi ba mi” after opening. :-( @nicole

This is fraud…I have come to realise that the only place you get satisfied for as little money that you have  is ”The Place”, and my tip is that I have a bowl with me always…cant be paying 300naira for plastic bowl everytime. :haha:   :haha:

But the case of this baked chick legs, five quarters cucumber, quarter tomato and sprinkeled lettuce/cabbage is ridiculous…1500naira for that matter :-(   :cry:   :cry:   :cry: the cloud bread is far better. So sorry for this unpleasant experience. :friends:

I am not so sure how ”So fresh” food is but you might want to try them out. :yes:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@ldike, you knowww! That’s exactly my thinking…to lose enough, so that even if a few kg creep in, I’ll still be good. Thanks for encouraging my disobedience  ;-)   ;-)

@pearl, I had to laugh out loud at your adage. I agree that The Place can be affordable, even though the quality of their food dey one kin now. And that’s genius about packing your bowl. No need for unnecessary cost. That’s how I wanted to buy ordinary beans and dodo from Ghana High o. I went on Jumia Food. By the time they calculated bowl and transportation, N700 food was now N1,600! Hiss. I just gave my driver a bowl from the office and asked him to go for me. No need for nonsense. Same goes with when I’m ordering smoothies from So Fresh or Smoothie Express. Why should I be paying extra N400 every time? Nah, no need abeg!

Meanwhile, I complained for the Nellies oh! Sent her a DM with this picture, and she seemed remorseful. Says she has given her staff instructions, but they don’t listen. Offered me a N1,500 voucher. Let’s see  :unsure: . Because this one that they serve stale veggies, abeg I no dey!

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

I no dey for that disobedience crew oh  :haha:  but losing a few more kgs, then maintaining it seems a really good idea. Of course, you can make him see reasons, before, he starts a campaign to fatten you up.

Thank God, that Nellies seemed remorseful oh. Wetin be that one? They packed vegetables, stale ones at that and labeled it 1.5k. Is she charging for the data, she used to do publicity of Instagram too? :unsure:

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Na wah o lol @pearl‘s statement…..Pele oh @nicole. Honestly the way these fitfam vendors charge eh……. :negative:

Profile gravatar of Adaora
    Adaora
    Participant
    @AdaoraA

@nicole I am sorry but I have to encourage you to loose it all as well o because the journey to keeping off is hard as well! Just give yourself “allowance” lol.

This picture just proves what they all that is so over hyped on Instagram is definitely not gold!! To think I was so team nellies place when she first started. Very disappointed.

Profile gravatar of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@nicole: Its good you sent her feedback else na like that business they run down small small o.

@bosa: I agree with you about the Fitfam vendors. Personally, the charges are way too expensive.

That was how I sent my sister to buy ”Reel Fruit” dried pineapple, immediately we opened it my sister was like EFCC must hear about this. :haha: that if we had known we would have just bought fresh whole pineapple jejely from those Abokis atleast with 500naira we will get 2fresh pineapples instead of one tablespoon of dried pineapple in a fancy nylon. e pain me eh… :yes: but yeah lesson learnt.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@adaoraa, exaaaactly! I need the allowance, biko :haha:. So I shall KETO on, until I lose the last 3kg  :bodyb:   :bodyb: . As for Nellies, I should have known it would be like this. When she sells her coconut bread for 5k!!! 5k for a small loaf oh! Remember when I was complaining about it, @oluwakemine? I know businesses need to make money, but come on now! A small business like hers, for N1.3k, delivered a large pack of steamed rice, stir fry beef, chicken AND a fruit smoothie to my colleague oh! And very tasty too. If I wasn’t on this weight loss mission, na there I for face straight! I’m not even sure I’ll take up the Nellies on her offer of the free voucher. I’m well put off her now  :negative:   :negative:

@pearl, you have me  :rofl:   :rofl: at the 1 tablespoon of dried pineapple for N500. Nigeria, we hail thee! That’s how I went to Park n Shop the other day, and saw a new concession stand with nuts. I love cashews, so I asked for the price. The lady poured less than a fistful into a bag, and said it was N1,800. I was like HUHHH? I just shook my head and walked away. So in one mouthful, N1,800 will go, just like that?! God forbid!

@bosa, waaaaay too expensive! Even the smoothies we buy for N1k plus, are all at a premium. I prefer making my smoothies from home, but sometimes, you get bored of the same taste every day. Even in the market nko? Because people have started buying a lot of cauliflower (thanks to KETO), the thing is like double the price now. Odiegwu! God help us!

@oluwakemine, really charging us for the data oh  :haha:   :haha: . That must be it.

Totally unrelated, but it reminds me of that PR girl whose proposal I got yesterday. Somebody I had engaged to help the site with our PR oh. She said she’s a former TTC girl, and would love to “give back” to the cause. Oh boy! That’s how the babe sent me a bill of about half a million, for a 6-week period oh. Hian :saywhat: ! I just jump am pass!  :ignore:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Nicole @nicole, Nellies has already put me off her business with that 5k loaf of bread in the first place, with this one, I will just stroll by her page for inspiration and keep scrolling. Thank God, you didn’t face the competition, else, you undo, all your good work, because the truth is, fitfam meals will always be more expensive than the mainstream meals but then, no be to kill person on top.

:rofl: :rofl: @ “immediately we opened it my sister was like EFCC must hear about this” @pearl, the matter serious like dat? All these people no go kill person, all in the name of healthy alternative.

Market women too want their fair share of Keto business. Cauliflower now expensive? Na real Odieqwu!

That PR madam abi na girl just has no idea and I really don’t have the words for her. Let her just stay on her lane.

Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

If i start to talk…….in fact let me rant.

@nicole that smoothie eh it pains me, I do agree sometimes you want a change and the rate at which the fruit spoils it makes you want to explore purchasing for more flavours as opposed to DIY. The one that annoys me is I pay N1,000 for smoothie abi? Then I open it and gas like a bomb explores, still I take a gulp…..it’s spoilt :nope: you needed to have seen me that day, i got my money back oh…..It was a bakery selling for one of those popular smoothie makers but i told them sorry oh my money back please!!…..a whole 1k.

@pearl that reel fruit eh, i admire from afar….Never been tempted to even ask the price. Kilode 500 naira loun loun.

@oluwakemine 5k is good, I know another well I should call it an organic bakery?? that sells bread for 7k. That been said, organic lifestyle is usually more expensive but hey break – 7k for what 2days???? Definitely not sustainable.

Red oaks chips is a good product, they have maintained pricing though reduced quantity. Another good Nigerian product is that lemonade. You will see a made in Nigeria bag going for N120-N150k so why wont I just go and buy the designer bag if I can spend such an amount? Shea butter, Black soap etc – because of the additions you will hear 3-5k, I can as well buy the additives and give the local woman who sells to mix it nah cant I? :haha:

I know doing business in Nigeria is quite challenging but they should please be realistic with their prices. They all want to expand (or “blow” as we say in this country) and get the finer things of life in their first year of operation.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.