Helping in the quest to shift those unwanted pounds!

Nicole's Weight Loss Journal

223 replies, 10 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Nicole Nicole 1 week, 2 days ago
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Sorry @nicole. Rest is good for the body o. Thank God, you’re feeling better now.

Cloud bread, Flat tummy drink, etc, hmmm, Keto no be beans o.

As for Cocacola and their products, I have banned myself from drinking it and my children are not allowed to. Water is okay. I don’t know how people, and organisations can be so calloused. It’s like using one’s money to buy poison. I know I will die one day but why kill me softly…day by day. It’s evil. :gun:

Apart from the court order, all regulatory bodies involved in this business should be sanctioned and the production processes of NBC reviewed.

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

KETO DIARY

MARCH 15TH, 2017

And here she is, my Cloud Bread…baked with only eggs, coconut fat and baking powder. I’m so proud of myself  :cloud9:   :cloud9: . I had it with sardine…but I intend to make a proper burger of it next time!

And in more KETO fabness, I was able to make me some nice swallow from cabbage and psyllum husk! Who has time to pay 9k for coconut flour, when I can make my own from natural ingredients B-) B-). Check it out!

Truly, I had to give myself a pat on the back for today. It was a good day indeed  B-)

@oluwakemine @pearl @bosa @adaoraa

Profile gravatar of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

testing! testing!!

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Couldnt post on your journal directly @nicole
    Good you listened to your body. The Lord is your strength.

Fanta saga and the question you asked ”That the standard they sell here in Nigeria isn’t the same as what they would elsewhere??”
    I would say somewhat yes.
    Most companies if not all make product to suit people in a particular region while they meet a need or create streams of market in that region.
    A good example is Listerine Mouthwash, the one in Europe is sweet and less harsh than the one we have in Nigeria. So is Amstel Malta/Malt, the one they sell where its originally from(The Netherlands) is far different for the one they have in Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya.
    Coincidentally, yesterday was CONSUMER RIGHTS DAY.
    My conclusion is Yes, products are different from what we have in Nigeria and else where but concerns arise when lives are put at risks.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@pearl, I know what you mean. I’m one of those people who even prefer drinking Naija Fanta, as I find Fanta abroad isn’t as…sweet? Same goes for a lot of the other fizzy drinks. But taste is one thing…not following the same standards of safety is another entirely. SMH for NBC  :nope: :nope: :nope:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Well, same NBC has come out to say, there is nothing wrong with taking Fanta with Vit.C B-)  It still hasn’t changed my mind. B-)

Nicole, you just stated the real issue; must safety and health standards be compromised just because of taste and regional marketing reasons? Abeg, make dem go siddon.

On to yummy stuff, you really do deserve a pat on the back for the love with which you are feeding your body. That cloud bread looks a lot better in real life than in my imagination.

The swallow looks like the real deal too, let them keep their 9k coconut flour. hian!

Well done Nicole @nicole :good:

Profile gravatar of Adaora
    Adaora
    Participant
    @AdaoraA

@nicole I am so proud of you and your consistency!! Well done.  :yahoo: You are keeping me motivated. Been to the gym three times this week as well.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thanks @adaoraa hun. I’ve been naught today though  :blush: . Mainly because I failed to prep and had nothing compliant to eat  :dohh: . But I’m right back on it now. Good on you and the gym, babes! That’s something I wish I could work back into my schedule.

@oluwakemine, that swallow was everything! It was awesome. I’m told not to try it with egusi shaaaaa oh! That it only works with draw soup…so that’s what I’m sticking to  :yes:

Fell off the wagon today with a slice of fruit cake  :dohh:   :dohh: . But I’ve been doing some jumping jacks to burn it off  :headspin:   :bodyb:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Well done mama @adaoraa, three times already and today is just Thursday. :good:   :good:

I guess, better to stick with the draw soup than experimenting. Sneaking in a treat once in a while is allowed but it’s really because you didn’t plan your menu for today.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Yes oooh, @oluwakemine. It most surely was. I’ll do better tomorrow  :good:   :yes:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

KETO DIET

MARCH 21ST, 2017

This right here is one of the BESTESTEST things I have eaten on this diet. It was so good that I only remembered to take a picture when I was already mid-way through the meal  :haha:

Introducing my Cauliflower Fried Rice (or is Fried Cauliflower Rice)? My sisters, the thing was YUMMMY  :munch:   :munch: . For my next meal, I’m having Cloud Bread & Ham  :yes:

I’m trying to make up for my naughtiness from yesterday. It was my Mom’s birthday, and let’s just say I didn’t say no to some good old  :cake: . But the cake was delish, so it was worth it  :good:   :good:

I might be traveling to Uyo next month, and I’m worried about keeping up with my diet while I’m there. Will I be able to hold my peace in the face of all that room service? Chai! I hope so oh. Biko pray for me  :wacko:   :wacko:

@oluwakemine @adaoraa @pearl @bosa

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Profile gravatar of Nicole Nicole.
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha: We will be praying really hard oh that you don’t fall into temptation.  See my son is asking me to cook this meal now. You need to hear him go, “Mummy, please make it, mummy please buy it.” :haha:   :haha:

It looks really good.

A belated happy birthday Grandma. :cake:   :cake:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

We will be praying for journey mercies. @nicole.

Is that long thing on your plate ”Frikandel”? If it is I may join Keto oooo… :-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@oluwakemine, cook it for him na :haha:. Seriously, it’s so simple! And he’ll enjoy it  ;-)

And AMEN about not falling into temptation oooooo  :wacko:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@pearl hun, thanks  :kiss:

I don’t know about “frikandel”, but I know they are frankfurters  :haha: . Too yummy  ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.