Helping in the quest to shift those unwanted pounds!

Nicole's Weight Loss Journal

345 replies, 11 voices Last updated by  Pearl 1 week, 6 days ago
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 346 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

This looks delish. :munch:   :munch: Coconut swallow loading  :whistle:   :whistle: You must have missed swallow all these weeks oh @nicole

Adaora @adaoraa, and you say, you’re not doing much. All of this enough fun for one day. Make sure you take him to the play center oh. Happy birthday in advance. :cake:   :cake:  #TFCBabiesBirthdays

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@adaoraa, it’s actually true hun. That’s the good thing about KETO. You can relax it up a few times, as long as you don’t overdo it and overstock your fat bank. In fact, I read about a lady who does 3 weeks of KETO, followed by 1 WEEK of cheating…and she is still losing weight fast. Not sure if I can do that one oh  :haha:

@oluwakemine, I’m longing for it oh. But I have changed my mind about the coconut pound. 9k for a small bag?? Maka why now?! In this recession?! Mbanu! I have bought psylum husk instead, which I can add to pureed cabbage or cauliflower, to make a good swallow. That’s what the ladies in the Facebook KETO group do. Definitely more economical. Also intend to try Cauliflower rice :yes: :yes:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

9k for wetin? coconut swallow.:wacko:  :wacko:  That was how I saw one kain bread on Instagram the other day for 5500, the baker said, its Keto compliant but I’m still struggling with the price tag, 5500 for bread. :-(   B-)

That pureed cabbage swallow is sounding too healthy but I guess it comes with the territory @nicole

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@oluwakemine, I know that bread oh!!! My colleague was gushing all about their banana bread, and how she heard they had a nice KETO coconut bread. That’s how I rushed to call them. Odiegwu! When I heard 5k, I was like  :argh: . For bread I won’t eat after the 2nd day? HELL NA!

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Nicole @nicole, sometijmes, it feels like some business people live outside Nigeria or their target market is very very narrow. More power to them but 5k bread, :argh: I will pass.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

KETO DIARY

March 10th, 2017

So…that was breakfast.

I know what you’re thinking. But no, I haven’t gone to the dark side  :haha: . Those are Coconut Flour pancakes…made with coconut flour, eggs, butter, and fried in coconut oil. And the sauce? SUGAR FREE and with only 4g of carbs  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

AND IT WAS DELICIOUS  :munch:   :munch:   :munch:

@oluwakemine @adaoraa @pearl @bosa

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Oh my gosh! This looks yummy…  :munch:  You’re making me hungry @nicole.  Looks like you’re  adding food photography to your roll call  of  expertise.  :good:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

It was DELICIOUS, @oluwakemine  :yes:   :yes:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@nicole looks all interesting……how much have you lost now?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bosa, about 6.5kg. I had a few naughty weeks, so I know it would have been more. Hoping for a good number at my next weigh in on Friday. I haven’t had the courage to do so…not until I think I’m back on track.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

A job well done…Congratulations @nicole.

Curious: Sugar-free syrup! If its sugar free what has the sugar been replaced with? Fake sweetners, Soduim, what?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thanks, @pearl.

My dear, I just found out that the alternatives in the syrup are just as bad as the sugar I’m running from   :cry:    :cry:    :cry: . I knew it was too good to be true   :nope:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Ugh! I knew it; Sugar-free, they just like to mislead people with grammar. Good you figured it out on time before it ruins your waistline and efforts @nicole

By the way did you hear about Fanta, Sprite and the likes killing people…**thats just exaggeration but not exaggeration**

Check this out: http://saharareporters.com/2017/03/13/court-orders-nafdac-compel-nigerian-bottling-company-warn-consumers-dangers-drinking

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Mehn! @pearl, I had shivers when I read that story!!! So what does this mean??? That the standard they sell here in Nigeria isn’t the same as what they would elsewhere??? Ah, NBC and The Coca Cola Company in general need to be held accountable ohhh! Hian!

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

KETO DIARY

March 14th, 2017

That was lunch today. Cauliflower rice, stew with beef and a boiled egg. It was actually delish. But I realized that the fact that stew was tasty probably made the meal good. If it was any stew that was less than average, mehn, that thing for no pass down throat oh :wacko: . But thankfully, it did. I’ll probably do a stir fry next time.

On the general KETO side, I haven’t been struggling as much. Someone imposed a pack of chin chin on me yesterday and, despite my best efforts, couldn’t help having a few mouthfuls. But well, I drank my ‘Flat Tummy Drink’ (FTD) according to my Facebook KETO group :haha:, so hopefully, I was able to counter some of the bad I did. Oh, FTD is actually grated ginger, mint leaves, lemons and cucumbers soaked in water overnight.

Chai, this KETO life shaaa.

But another highlight of my day today. I baked Cloud Bread for tomorrow  :yahoo: . What is Cloud Bread I hear someone ask. Well, I’ll give you a hint. It has NO FLOUR AT ALL…not even gluten free! It’s ‘bread’ made from eggs, coconut fat and baking powder…simple! My first attempt on Sunday was woeful. I didn’t whisk the egg whites enough, so the whole mixture collapsed in the oven. Today, I whisked until I almost drilled a hole in the mixing bowl :haha:. And it made all the difference. I can’t wait to eat it for breakfast tomorrow…with sardine probably  :yes:   :yes:

I took the week off, which is why I actually found time to bake today. I needed to rest as I was getting to that point where I was almost shutting down. I’m glad I did, because I can already feel myself recovering!

How’s everyone doing?

cc: @oluwakemine @pearl @adaoraa @bosa

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 346 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.