Helping in the quest to shift those unwanted pounds!

Nicole's Weight Loss Journal

223 replies, 10 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Nicole Nicole 1 month, 1 week ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

So, I started 2015 with the goal to lose these stubborn 8kg – 10kg…but I quickly got derailed. I’m a foodie….so it’s hard (*covers face*). Anyways, when I got serious, I had to start a 30-day fast for some personal intentions, so that got put on hold temporarily. Now Lent has begun, so diet is even more on hold!

However, I will be resume my weight loss efforts in full force right after Easter (AMEN!!!). The good thing is that the fasting has already helped me shift a 1 or 2 kilos, so here’s hoping I will be halfway there by the time the diet starts :) :D

So….watch this space!

winking

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

April 4th, 2015

Hmmmmm…..after fasting for almost 90 days, I sit here probably even heavier than when I started  :dohh:. Even though I have been breaking my fast at 3pm every day, I have ended up eating enough to make up for the entire day…and then some!

One of my closest friends came to see me today, looking FANTASTIC! She has lost about 10kg over the past year, and just looks awesome. She gave me some pep talk, and I think I’m ready to get serious now! I’m definitely getting serious!!!

So, come Tuesday the 7th, it’s ON!!! Starting with a 3-day detox, I’m determined to get my sexy back before my birthday in May  B-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Monday, April 6th

So….the diet starts tomorrow!!! Hmmm! You would think I was eating for the last time in my life. I had a good helping of everything. It felt like those days when I was in boarding school, and about to resume for a new term after a lovely holiday. I would always eat my food with so much melancholy….knowing it would be a few months before I would be able to feast on Mom’s cooking today. Well….so it felt like today. As I munched on pancakes and syrup for breakfast, and rice with stew for lunch…all I could do was wonder when next I would be able to eat with reckless abandon again  :nope:

Anyways, tomorrow I start a 3-day fruit detox. Yep, it’s exactly what you just read  :wacko:. My body is full of such junk that I really need to cleanse it before I start my healthy eating.

I was going to start this Meal Plan, but I’m thinking of refining it more for my PCOS wahala….so, that’s what I will work on tomorrow. Hopefully, before Thursday, I’ll have come up with a meal plan I can realistically follow.

I have also ordered an electronic scale, so that I can honestly track my weight, instead of just guessing based on how loose/tight my clothes feel  :dohh:. Don’t worry, I shall share pictures  :blush:

Wish me luck!  :good:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Tuesday, April 7th

And, it’s ON!!!  :good:

My 3-day detox started today….here’s what it looked like:

Breakfast: 3 slices of pineapple

Lunch: 1 lb of seedless grapes

Dinner: Mango & Cucumber smoothie (2 parts mango, and 3 parts cucumber…so it had just enough mango for some punch, but not enough to be too sweet).

Well….day 1 wasn’t bad at all! Bring on day 2  B-)

20150407_205103

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Wednesday, April 8th

Detox Day 2….and I’m still alive :yahoo:

Untitled2

It was slightly harder today, I won’t lie  :haha:. But anyways, here’s what I ate (or didn’t eat  :wacko: )

Breakfast: 2 slices of pineapple

Snack 1: The rest of yesterday’s Mango & Cucumber smoothie

Lunch: 1 lb of seedless grapes

Snack 2: Fistful of nuts and raisins

Dinner: Mango & Pineapple smoothie (much tastier than yesterday’s  :good: )

All in all, I consumed 749 calories today (according to http://www.caloriecount.com)

Oh, I finally have my meal plan ready (see it here). So come Friday, I’m good to go  B-). My scale was also delivered today, so expect a weigh in very very soon ;-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Thursday, April 9th

Hmmm….my image of shame. So, I started off saying I’m at 75kg right? Well, add 1.4kg to that  :cry:.

Untitled

I’m so sad and wonder how I got here. Ah well, all the more motivation to lose this extra poundage. I’ll weigh myself at the end of next week, so hopefully I would have made some progress  :unsure:

Anyways, today was the end of detox, and this is how it went:

Breakfast: Leftover Mango & Pineapple smoothie

Snack 1: Mango smoothie :wacko:

Lunch: Kiwi sorbet (I know, I know :dohh:. So, I took the girls to Coldstone for ice cream. I was able to resist the temptation of any of my usual treats, but I settled for a teeny-tiny “Like it” cup of kiwi sorbet….and kiwi is a fruit, right? :blush: )

Snack 2: 2 slices of pineapples

Snack 3: Handful of nuts

Dinner: Mango & Pineapple Smoothie

Total calories for the day 972!

Tomorrow, I begin my PCOS Friendly Diet! Wish me luck  :good:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Friday, April 10th

So, my diet started today  B-)

Untitled

I had to modify it a bit though, as I wasn’t quite prepared for the official diet. But here’s what today was like, food wise:

Breakfast: 4 small Irish potatoes + sardine tomato salsa (I should have used sweet instead of Irish potatoes, but I had none at home. I also should have stuck to 3 pieces….but I was starving :wacko: )

Snack: Mango & Pineapple smoothie

Lunch: 2 small pieces of moin-moin + beef (again, this should have been fish, but I didn’t have the time to rustle it up :blush: )

Snack: Fistful of nuts

Dinner: Mango and pineapple smoothie

Total calories consumed = 1,411 calories  :wacko:. Probably the extra potato I had, and also the extra smoothie :dohh:. Ah well, will do better tomorrow :good:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Saturday, April 11th

Sooooo…..today wasn’t the best. But whatever, we’re still charging right on!!!

Here’s how it went….

Breakfast: 2 medium sized baked sweet potatoes + egg and sardine salsa

Lunch: Pounded yam ( :blush: ….but it was a little portion though, less than fist size) and egusi soup (this was not your definition of healthy soup, I won’t lie  :blush: )

Dinner: Mango smoothie

Total calories consumed: 1,445

On to the next!  :good:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Monday, April 13th

Today was a good day  B-)   B-)   B-)   B-)

Untitled

I think I did pretty good  :good: . Here’s how it all went down!

Breakfast: 3 pieces of boiled plantain and steamed spicy ugwu

Lunch: Grilled chicken salad

Snack: 2 pineapple slices

Dinner: Pineapple smoothie

Total calories consumed: 903

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Tuesday, April 14th

Today wasn’t bad  :good: . But I got a rude shock though. I always thought plantain flour would be sweet, and cute looking. I never thought it would be….BLACK  :scratch:

Untitled

Here’s how the day went down!

Breakfast: 2 baked sweet potatoes + sardine salsa

Lunch: Plantain flour + okro soup (cooked with no oil whatsoever)

Snack: 2 slices of pineapple

Dinner: Mango smoothie

Total calories consumed: 1,020

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

April 15th, 2015

Today, I was a very very bad girl  :blush:

Here’s how it went down!

Breakfast: 2 frankfurters (steamed, not fried), and 3 small balls of akara  :blush: (God knows I started off wanting to make an omelette, but somewhere along the line….. :dohh:)

Lunch: 2 pieces of Moin-Moin

Snack: Kiwi sorbet & a handful of popcorn  :dohh: (I took the kids out, and I couldn’t resist. All credit to me for resisting the shawarma though!!!!)

Dinner: Hard boiled egg + Mango smoothie + 2 ginger biscuits (I suffered such a sugar crash from my afternoon indulgence that I needed to add something to my smoothie)

Total calories consumed: 1,414  :dohh:

I pray tomorrow will be better. I’ll be in meetings most of the day, and it’s so hard to control what you eat when you’re out. God help me  :wacko:

I have my weigh in on Friday, and I still haven’t made it to the gym. Hmmmm….how serious am I  :negative:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

April 16th, 2015

I’m not even guilty about today  :haha:. I was in business meetings all day, and as such was at the mercy of the cafe where I work from. I tried to be good…I think I tried a bit…but I just could not resist these prawns  :whistle:

Untitled

Here’s how it went down!

Breakfast: 1 cup of black tea + 2 oatmeal & raisin cookies

Lunch: 4 pieces of the most delicious Battered Prawns in the world!

Snack: 2 slices of pineapple

Dinner: 2 bananas….and when I was dishing dinner for DH I helped myself to 2 spoons of his rice and stew  :blush:

Total calories consumed today: 1,126

Not too bad…not tooooo bad  B-)

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

April 17th, 2015 (10.03am)

In fact, I am amused :haha:. Soooooo, you mean after all that starvation, I didn’t even lose up to a kilo!!! Hmmm, pauvre Nicole…..very very pauvre!

Untitled

Ah well…I guess it might be because I couldn’t squeeze in any gym time…and of course the fact that I wasn’t entirely consistent. No wahala. We shall keep trying  :good:  :good:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

April 17th, 2015

:haha: :haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :haha:  :haha:

My day started fairly well with a reasonable meal of boiled plantain and sauce…and I was fine till like 5pm when I went for my sister-in-law’s birthday get together. Hmmmmm….let’s just say that small chops, cupcakes, and generous slices of birthday cake were eaten  :blush:

Total calories consumed: 10,000,000  :haha:

Chai! Nicole! Tomorrow sha!

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

April 20th, 2015

So…after a minor bump on the road….I’m back!!!!

Untitled

I think I did good today…here’s how it went down!

Breakfast: Boiled plantain + sardine/onion salsa

Lunch: Chicken pepper soup

Snack: Bowl of red grapes

Dinner: 1 hard boiled egg

Snack: Handful of nuts

Total calories consumed: 828  B-) (Kinda low, I admit….but after my binge fest this weekend, very necessary  :haha: )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.