Helping in the quest to shift those unwanted pounds!

Bos's Wellness Diary Sessions

76 replies, 7 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 1 day, 4 hours ago
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Hello my lovely ladies @bibi @nicole @oluwakemine @pearl I have been MIA but working hard. This confirms to me that i am not a picture person, so to write updates without my pictures of meals/exercises have been boring…

However, the good news is that I am achieving my goal. My aim was to lose the mummy pouch, gain strength and adopt a healthy lifestyle. I still eat right, bad days sometimes and I started running. I really love the running app i use, it allows me walk, jog and run in intervals. I run on Saturday mornings and some days during the week. It’s quite early so a bit scary but the fresh air and time to reflect is a fabulous way to start my day.

I have lost weight, some people are even complaining that I am disappearing :dohh: but my waist has not got to 26 so why are they complaining? My pants are so loose now, i feel shapeless and my only asset (my butt) is gone. :cry: I didn’t plan to go down a dress size as I think size 10 is fair enough. The mummy pouch is reduced but needs more toning. Some days, my tummy is like washboard, some days the pouch returns. So my instructor is guiding me to specifically tone that part of my body.

My plan is to reduce the exercises from 5-6 days to 3-4days a week.I actually enjoy that time now that I don’t think i can stop. I also plan to re-introduce more carbs in my diet so I can have reduced portions of rice twice a week :haha:   :munch:

Generally see how it goes and update periodically. I wish i was one of those that can take pics or do videos while exercising, this place would be more interesting. However, you are all stuck with my boring self…. :yahoo:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: :haha:   :haha:   The fact that you even started this thread is a pointer to your committment to the healthy lifestyle journey, so pictures or no pictures, videos or not, I know that you will be giving it your best shot. And it’s realistic that you will have some cheat days Bos @bosa.

But that butt part, I feel you oh :cry:   :cry:   Biko don’t disappear, only mommy pouch  should park it’s load. :bodyb:   :bodyb:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

lol…pics or no pics, we know you are working towards your goals @bosa. :friends:

Sometimes it might be difficult and challenging achieving ones goals but what makes one a victor is acknowledging ones wrongs and picking oneself up while re-strategizing and staying focus. :bodyb:

By the way which of the apps are you using for the exercise, it might come in handy for me one day. :unsure:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Words of wisdom – Sometimes it might be difficult and challenging achieving ones goals but what makes one a victor is acknowledging ones wrongs and picking oneself up while re-strategizing and staying focus

Thanks ladies @pearl @oluwakemine

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@pearl the apps are as follows;

• Running for weight loss
    • Nike Training
    • sweat: Kayla Itsines fitness – this one is more gym suited but some home workouts.

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Thanks @bosa. :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@bosa, very well done to you dear! You’e done an amazing job! You’re making me feel like a useless girl :haha: . Well done hun. As for butt, who butt epp? Abegi, go on with your fine, skinny self  ;-)   B-)

Awesome words of wisdom @pearl. I’ll remember that myself  :good:   :good:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Ahhhhh @nicole Husby doesn’t find it funny. Each time i get on the weight loss journey, he is the one that starts to announce when it’s time to stop. I noticed yesterday when my black pants weren’t sitting right, i kept pulling the band up.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

BOS @bosa!!! Biko, we need an update oh. Come and tell us what’s been happening with this our diet oh.

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@oluwakemine I am here, present aunty ;-)   Work has been so hectic I am sure i have forgotten to eat on some days, but not to exercise :haha: so fret not I am still on the train. Still eating quite healthy also, my tummy looks flat more often these days, I shall take a picture soon. ;-)

Not sure i mentioned i started swimming 2 weeks ago or so. My main issue now is HAIR Drama!!! One has to think differently when working out, I love my hair in its natural state; love to play with my colors and cuts but omo sweat won’t allow it be great oh. I am sick of wigs which is the easiest so I had big cornrows done this weekend which isn’t great for swimming… The few fitness mentors i have spoken to, all resigned to wigs so not much help there.

I am enjoying a smoothie i got from so- fresh that i replicate for breakfast 2-3 times a week, alternating it with my green smoothie. It is called the meal at so-fresh; strawberries, pineapple, banana, seedless grapes – I love it….. :good:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:haha: @aunty.  :good:  You’re doing great obviously @bosa. Swimming and hair don’t exactly mix but it’s a great form of exercise. Have you thought about those caps swimmers wear that keep their​ hair dry? Maybe that can help.

A smoothie is the meal for real? This fitfam business isn’t for the faint at heart or even the faint in self control.

Well done and thank God, Christmas break is coming, you can rest small from work. :hugs:

Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@oluwakemine I use the swim cap already, water still gets in somehow. I have researched so many that claim to prevent that from happening but reviews still state it occurs so yea not sure much can be done.

Well for huge “fitfam-ers” as in those sticking to plans, smoothie is a meal oh :haha: but for me it depends, if it is a full huge cup then yes its breakfast, when it is a small cup then its in addition to breakfast.

I have news, I am developing packs….. :haha: It is quite hilarious to me :rofl: So on Tuesday, my cousin stopped by and saw my tummy and screamed i was developing packs. I didn’t believe her until she traced the outline for me so i have 4 packs oh :haha: The upper part of my tummy is quite toned, the bottom part is still miles away from joining the top. I guess I should have expected it, on Monday by the time we finished our session, the coach confused to us we had done 150 jumping jacks and 300 sit-ups. We don’t feel it because its mashed in other routines and its not just the traditional sit-up. So there you have it, I am on my way to developing 6 packs oh :rofl: Picture loading……

On my pants, I am confused on what to do, specifically my work pants. They seem big and shapeless now my butt has disappeared. No money to buy new ones, I am scared to amend them just in-case I fall off the wagon.

Weekend will be quiet as Husby is away. The last few weeks have been quite hectic. Swimming today, oh Sunny Ade and Omawumi will be at Ikoyi club so that’s my only main activity this weekend. Rest and binge on my series, I am so behind. Cheers to a restful weekend ladies @oluwakemine @nicole @pearl @bibi :wine:

Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

Whaoooo, you have done a lot @bosa. Keep it up. :bodyb:

For the swimming cap, I am yet to see any that prevents water from not entering. Even the so called branded and expensive ones don’t get the work done. :growlmad:

Thanks for that recipe ;-) …will be trying it out asap.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Oh well done, @bosa hun! You’ve done a great job  :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Packs! You even have 4. If only I can even see 2 sef :haha:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:good: :good:   :good:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   4 Packs already Bos @bosa. I’m feel proud sef. Great work. :heart:

You have to make up your mind about the pants oh and no, you are not falling off the wagon. Have them adjusted. we can’t have your pants threatening to fall down.

I guess, you just have to keep making do, regarding the swim cap.

Hope KSA and Omawunmi gave you some nice beats to dance to.

Wait oh, so when we see on Sunday, you are going to be spotting a whole new look? :haha:   :haha:   Can’t wait mehn :plane:   :plane:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.