Support group for women trying to conceive.

TTC Support Thread

922 replies, 56 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 922 total)
  • Author

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

I agree with @fruityfruity :yes:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Welcome to our community Grace @clean :hugs:   :hugs:

Eveberry
    Participant
    @eveberry

@fruityfruity @nicole I will and will get u guys posted,thanks for your love,it will surely end in praise… :hug:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

By GOD’s grace, it will, @eveberry hun. Please let us know how it goes  :hugs:

Kemi
    Participant
    @mercy

Good evening beautiful mommas. I came across this group online while researching about myomectomy. I have read through some threads. I had my myomectomy on the 8th of December and I’m still recuperating. It’s like having tons of bricks attached to my abdomen. But God has been faithful in the healing

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello namesake Kemi @mercy It’s so nice to have you with us. Thank God for healing. Hope you are taking things really easy. Where did you get your surgery done?

Kemi
    Participant
    @mercy

Thanks Oluwakemi for accepting me. I have no choice than to take things easy. Standing for more than 15mins is like climbing mount everest. The surgery was done at OAUTHC in Ile-Ife osun state.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Pele, you are going to recover well Kemi @mercy. How large was the fibroid(s)?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Kemi @mercy dear, welcome to our family :friends:

I know exactly what you mean. I had a myomectomy as well, and it took me up to 6 weeks to fully recover myself. Just make sure you get lots and lots of rest hun. Don’t allow anything agitate you or the abdominal area. Are you off work?

Kemi
    Participant
    @mercy

@nicole thanks for the advice.  Yes I am off work till 2nd of January.

Kemi
    Participant
    @mercy

@oluwakemi the transvagina scan showed that the intramural fibroid was 5.4 X 5.2cm the subserosal was 4.2 X 3.0cm and the submucous was 3.7 X 3.5 cm in L X AP diameters respectively.  The endometrial layer is distorted in its proximal half by the submucous fibroid. It also reported that there were multiple fibroids. After the surgery, in the recovery room my husband told me they removed only one and he showed me it was like the size of a big lime. Later when the SR came, i asked him why they removed just one and he said that was the one hindering conception( submucosal). He said the other ones were too small and if they tried to remove them, it could lead to bleeding to death because of their location. I also asked him about the dye test they did ,because my hsg result only reported patent left tube but was silent about the right tube. He then said my consultant told them not to tell me anything until my next appointment which is 27th of dec. When the consultant came to discharge me I asked him about the dye test he said we would discuss it on 27th of dec.

I’m sorry for the long post

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Kemi @mercy, no need to be sorry about the long post. That’s what we are here for. How long have you been visiting the hospital before the surgery was recommended? Did they give you other options besides surgery?

As for the test result that’s being hoarded, 27th is almost here. Don’t let it bother you at all. Good one that you are off work.

How long have you been TTC?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Kemi @mercy, it makes sense that they would leave out the others that might have proved potentially dangerous to remove, but why all the secrecy? Thank God the 27th is just about a week away. But in the meantime, try not to worry yourself okay. You’ll soon find out.

:hug:

Kemi
    Participant
    @mercy

Long post

@oluwakemi  I got married 2013 but started  TTC  2014. The dye test was carried out during the surgery to check my tubes because the HSG only reported patent left fallopian tube, normal in caliber but superiorly displaced  and evidence of spillage of contrast from its end, a fairly oval shaped filling defect  in the central part of the uterine cavity extending towards the fundal region causing the bulging of the fundus ( a submucosal uterine myoma). Uterine leiomyoma (submucosal and myometrial). There was no report on the right tube and the doctor told me to return it but on getting to the place the doctors said the consultant in charge of the unit was not around.

A brief history of my ttc journey. In  May 2014 these GNLD people came to my place of work and we were told to go for the check up since it was free. The woman placed my finger on something that resembled a small touch light, and after a while asked me if I  was on contraceptives, I was shocked, she said the result showed  I was not ovulating, had mastitis, high prolactin, ovarian cyst and peptic ulcer. I was dazed because as at that time I was just recovering form menstrual-painkiller’s-induced-ulcer( Felvin Celebrex and other: happens every month), and had reported to my doctor earlier that I was having slight pain on the right side of my abdomen.

Immediately I rushed to the health center and the doctor friend I met was very angry, he said a lot of people have been coming to him, that why will I believe such rubbish. I left him and went to a senior doctor and he wrote some test for me to do. When the result of hormonal assay came out, my  LH FSH estradiol and progesterone were ok but my prolactin was high, and the scan result showed a  functional cyst on the right ovary. The doctor prescribed parlodel for the prolactin and said the cyst would resolve on its own. I took the parlodel for a month and stopped taking it because the side effects were terrible and I had painful acne all over my face. I kept on going for scan every month, until feb 2015, when the result showed that the  cyst had disappeared  but there was a tiny fibroid in the uterus. I  showed the doctor and he told me to go to another place for the scan.  I went and it showed the same thing( a single fibroid).

In Oct 2015 I was introduced to a Gynaecologist who has a private clinic. He told my husband to do SFA and when the result came out he said all the parameters where ok, I saw the result myself and checked online too. He did tubal flushing for me and  said my tubes were as free as marina road, the flushing was painless. He then placed me on clomid, I told him that I ovulate almost every month because I was doing ovulation tracking  but he said clomid would make me super ovulate. The first month on clomid, I went for scan on day 13 and it showed 8 big follicles with multiple fibroid, the second month the same. Infact, the sonographer  asked why the doctor was inducing ovulation and was not triggering me that the follicles were  too big and the fibroids would prevent implantation, he said I should remove the fibroid. Then I stopped taking the clomid because the pains were unbearable right from day 14 till my period came.

Then in December 2015 I started bleeding for 14days in a row, it would stop for 14 days then continue for 14 days again, it kept on like that till march 2016, then I went back to see the doctor, he did my pcv and said it was 24 and he gave me some drugs  to stop the bleeding and said I should remove the fibroid.

Then in  feb 2017 I went back to OAUTHC, I registered initially with OAUTHC in   Oct 2015 but when my appointment was fixed for a month after registration, that prompted me to go to the private hospital. I Saw the SR in OAUTHC and in april  he told me to repeat all the tests including SFA and said I  should remove the fibroid especially the submucosal.  My LH FSH progesterone , estradiol was very good but my prolactin was very high 43 ( 1-15), HSG as reported above and my husband SFA was very bad. Although while collecting the sample half of it poured away but we submitted it that way.   vol  was 1ml, progressive motility 20%, Non progressive motility  50% immotile 30%, ph 8, conc 3.4  * 106   sp/ml Total Sperm Count 3.4  * 106  sp/ejaculate  live spermatozoa 50%, Dead spermatozoa 50%  duration of motility 4hrs,  morphologhy 5% yielded moderate growth of staph.  The doctor then placed me on bromocriptine and told my husband to repeat the test, since we submitted incomplete sample and he said the result was bad. I was unable to take the bromcriptine because I was preparing for an exam and they kept on postponing it and eventual sat for the exam in September. Although I had decided to take cabergoline instead of bromocriptine because of the side effects of bromocriptine and good reviews about carbegoline. In October, I started taking the carbegoline  and I got fertlisan M for my husband, I also started doing castor oil pack and took lemon water in the morning, pregnancare  conception and omegol.

In November we did another SFA and my husbands result was vol   3ml, progressive motility 40%, Non progressive motility  – , immotile 60%, ph 8, conc 7  * 106   sp/ml Total Sperm Count 21  * 106  sp/ejaculate  live spermatozoa 40%, Dead spermatozoa 60%  duration of motility 4hrs,  morphologhy 50%  yielded no significant growth after 48hrs, so immedaiately we placed order for 3months supply of Ferlisan M seeing the improvement after one month.

I called the doctor and he said he  had been transferred to a sister hospital in Illesha and would be back by Jan 2018, but I should book an appointment so that I could be given the test form for hormonal assay. So the appointment was fixed for 29th of Nov and my period started  28th   of Nov. When I got to the hospital I meet another SR under the same consultant he checked my husband SFA and said it was still not good but it was better and I told him that we ordered 3months supply of fertilisan M  and he said we should wait till Feb 2018 before he repeats another SFA, and then gave me the form for Hormonal Assay.

He then began the issue of removing the fibroid again and said December was free for them that people don’t like coming for surgery in December so he gave me the option of 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th  and I decided to give it a try and chose 8th.  I had been running away from the mymomectomy because in feb 2016 when I was having the bleeding episode, I had a dream that I went for a surgery and there were complications and my right tube was removed. I prayed about it and I decided I was not going for any surgery, so when the hsg again didn’t say anything about the right tube again I was so scared. But in all, my husband and I prayed about it with some pastors and they encouraged me to do it.  So, when after the surgery they didnt say anything about the dye test, the SRs were not saying anything and the consultant said we would discuss later, I called one of the SR aside and asked him if they removed the right tube and he said they did not remove any of my tubes then I was at peace. Why?  I  ovulate on the right ovary most of the time, the left ovary is very lazy.

I got some  good news on 15th of dec, the hormonal assay showed LH 2.6 (0-40) FSH 2.4 (0-20) Prolactin 1.3 (1-15). Glory be to God

Kemi
    Participant
    @mercy

@nicole I was initially angry when I heard that they removed just one because I told the doctor I wanted a laparascopy but he insisted that the fibroids were all over and open myomectomy was the best. But I give glory to God for the successful surgery, speedy recovery and the gift of life.

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 922 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.