Support group for women trying to conceive.

TTC Support Thread

876 replies, 52 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Pearl Pearl 4 days, 7 hours ago
Viewing 6 posts - 871 through 876 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Oh dear @temotighoken that must have been a terrible time. I bet you wondered if the Lord had abandoned you, he doesn’t leave or forsake us…..Look at you now  :yahoo:

I pray he restores to you all you have lost in a hundred fold….Amen.

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for happy birthday wishes images

Happy birthday Bee @fruitfulvine Indeed make a wish and watch it come to pass soonest. Have a fun-filled day Bee.

cc: @deetee@juddy @mfon @diamondsblings@glam@heavenlymum@missirregularversion@titiwo@missirregularversion, @akosua@temotighoken@somia, @oladiti @missfafa@ritty @pearl @blessedb  @ikechukwungozi  @tolabolanle  @milola @bosa @temotighoken @nadia @beebee @misi @mzm4  @nekkyg @lizzy @iphii  @oyinforever @oyinpd @harrys-queen @lizzy @adeola @ladylorrie @naaadzane @missfafa @uwaye @ritty @nkay @elle @edojaprecious @jasmine queen @abbyigold @exaltedmom1  @akosua  @olugod   @chinwendu @joy022 @mrssho @julekemi @arit @sadei

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Happy birthday Bee @fruitfulvine

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

From Ama @mamaz:

Hello dears!!! I am dropping the first part of my testimony. Hopefully, work will calm down and I will post the second part today. I just want us to keep on praising God because He is beyond our human comprehension.

It’s been almost a year since I have last provided an update on my TTC journey here. So many things to share and talk to you about. I kept reading but I had lost my credentials and was too lazy/busy to log in.

Last year was pretty interesting. My father-in-law passed away in June last year. It was a tough time for the husband especially since he is the only one still childless.

Prior to that, my cousin had told me about a clinic here doing a special for IVF for the remainder of 2016, she has been having a hard time as well so she shared the info with me. The husband and I checked it out, realized it made good sense so we made the decision to go for it. Between the funerals, the battery of tests to perform and go through, our hectic and busy work and traveling schedules, we managed to confirm a date for IVF for December 2016.

During the year, I had shed a lot of surplus weight and was within 5 kilos of my goal weight. I was following several blogs and they recommended acupuncture for sleep, weight loss and fertility issues. I consulted with a Chinese medicine doctor who is also a gynecologist. He prescribed Chinese herbs for me and the hubby to follow over a 30-day period. That was about 2 weeks ahead of the scheduled procedure. I decided to keep working out and eat really healthy while going through the injections.

So the injections started, it was a bit difficult as the clinic is on the other side of town and I often had to drive myself etc… The retrieval and transfer were scheduled for the second week of December. Funny enough, I was really relaxed through it all.

As a reminder, I was 37 years at the time (I am 38 now) and my AMH had taken a nose dive that year. The previous years, our diagnosis was “unexplained infertility” for me and low motility and survival rates for hubby little guys. We had wasted 2 years with this one kind doctor who didn’t even want to bother checking my husband’s and kept prescribing Clomid to me month after month. That’s when we decided we had had enough and went for IVF. The clinic told us that due to my very low AMH number, they would try only once with my own eggs. If it didn’t work out, they would recommend for a next round to go with donor egg. I cried a bit because of the finality of it all, but decided to take it easy and work on enhancing my egg quality. The posts here and the Chinese doctor helped me chart a plan of action.

Anyways, long story short, on the day of they were able to collect 6 viable eggs (as my husband says, we only need one) and of the 6, 4 fertilized. On transfer day, they transferred 3 eggs. They did the transfer on Day 2, which I had never read about before but I had decided to wholeheartedly trust the process and just relax. The recommendation was to keep activities to a minimum but I could go on about my normal routine. We had an important family event the day of the transfer, and I didn’t want to field questions about why I was not there so I went (in hindsight I think it was a mistake to go).

During the 2 week wait, I was fairly relaxed. I went for the blood work 2 days before Christmas. And I received one of the best Christmas presents in a long time: a BFP with pretty good HCG numbers. I was to go 2 days later for more blood work to control HCG levels, and 2 days after. All those were positive and growing normally.

My first scan was scheduled at the 7-week mark. We went and heard the little heart beat and it was the sweetest sound ever. However, the doctor realized that there was a tiny tear between the placenta and the uterus. The doctor said it could reattach but I had to take it easy and start back on the progesterone supplements. I was also to avoid moving around and even s3x was to be avoided. It was too early in the pregnancy to put a cerclage, so we had to pray and hope for the best. I worked from home for 1 week and took it extremely easy.

On my second scheduled scan (10 weeks mark), I was to learn that my little tiny baby’s heart had stopped beating. Apparently, the tear made it so that oxygen did not properly arrive to the placenta and she (they could see the s3x) did not make it.

Anyways, the doctor prescribed medicine to induce bleeding. And it was horrible. The cramps, the pain, the huge clots. I was completely devastated. That week was hard. Hubby was a trooper and my mama posted up at my house. Lol. She was due to travel as my younger sister was scheduled to give birth in the next weeks.

And then, the following Saturday, a very dear aunt of mine passed away. The brutality of her passing snapped me out of my pain. It is the mother of my cousin who is also struggling like I am. Plus, 2 of her daughters and the wife of her son were expecting, and they had just lost their mom. It put things in perspective. I started praying to God for faith and support and just mending of all our broken hearts.

I bled for 3 weeks straight. I was supposed to go back to the doctor for control and making sure everything had gone out, but I did not have the strength to go back there. I decided to take it easy for a while. We decided we will give ourselves a breather and then assess what to do next. I lost the baby the first Saturday in February, so by the time all was said and done, we were in March and my birthday was around the corner.

I will be right back.

Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Oh my goodness, Ama @mamaz….I’m speechless. I’m so so sorry for all you went through, and for the loss of your little girl  :sadangel: :hug: . Waiting for the next part…

Profile gravatar of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

There are no words I can say that will reverse previous happenings however my heart goes out to you and your family @mamaz…Sending your way strength, positive vibes and prayers. :hug:

Viewing 6 posts - 871 through 876 (of 876 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.