Support group for women trying to conceive.

THE JUNE 2017 BFP THREAD!!!

61 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Nicole Nicole 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

So worth it @nicole. It went admirably well. Yes,  :yes:   :yes:  Next week Tuesday is a date.

Kiki @mamaz, our God is a glorious one. I’m looking forward to you sharing your testimony on Friday. indeed, we are glad to have you back here. At least, one more person to wonder less about. :hugs:

@bosa and @harrys-queen, how are you ladies doing?

Profile photo of Mrs Cornerstone
    Mrs Cornerstone
    Participant
    @Harrys-Queen

@oluwakemine I am doing very well and I bless God for his mercies.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

We thank God @harrys-queen. #staystrongmama

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Kiki Z ( @mamaz ) hun, thanks so much sweetie! I appreciate it  :heart:   :heart:

Girrrrrl, what the Holy Spirit is doing with this Hallelujah Challenge! I can’t even explain it. I’m so glad you joined in, and we both know it was the man up there rattling on your hotel door. GOD has been showing up like KILODE!!! It’s been phenomenal!

As for me, I’m also out of station for work, but in Bayelsa  :wacko: . Translation…poor WiFi and poor network! I missed out on Sunday and Monday, but yesterday (Tuesday), in what I can only call a miracle, on the same network I couldn’t even WhatsApp on, I got s-m-o-o-t-h connection from start to finish, only faltering around 12.57am. I pray I get the same tonight, even though it has been even worse than yesterday so far. But God is bigger than that!

Love you girl, and looking forward to that testimony. I have my hallelujah praise hat on  :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for motivational piece for women trying to conceive

Hi mamas!!! It’s a brand new week. Hope you are all in good spirits.

Kiki @mamaz,we are still waiting for your testimony oh. Hope you are back home though. :rose:

Mrs Cornerstone @harrys-queen, how is the #Halleluyahchallenge going at your end?

Bos @bosa, did you finally finish watching that video? Hope you are great though.

Nicole @nicole, I hope your trip is going on just awesome. :heart:

Enjoy your day ladies and keep putting good out there. It will come back to you.

Tomorrow is another day and we are fasting. :yahoo:

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Profile photo of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi.
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello mamas :hi:   :hi: @nicole @harrys-queen, @mamaz and @bosa. During our prayer moments today, here’s something to meditate upon and also serve as prompts for our prayer points.

Image result for patience and character in waiting

Develop Patience and Character
    When we accept Christ in our lives and decide to live for Him, it doesn’t mean the rest of our lives will be on easy street.  The Bible guarantees us that we will have trials and difficulties to deal with in life.  Thankfully, God also gives us a promise that all our difficulties will ultimately end in our good if we keep seeking Him (Romans 8:28).

When we experience difficulties in getting pregnant, we can hold on the joy that God is producing patience and character in us through this trial.   “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”Romans 5:3-5

Patience and character not only help us to be better Christians and witnesses for God, but it will also help us be better moms when that time comes!  Being a mom is such an important role in your child’s life and it’s comforting to know that God cares enough about us and our future children to prepare us to be good mothers who are patient and full of character.

We may be frustrated at the lack of activity going on in our bodies, but we can rejoice in what is going on in our souls.  “Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.”   2 Corinthians 4:16-17

May God answer our prayers in Jesus name. Amen!

Profile photo of Mrs Cornerstone
    Mrs Cornerstone
    Participant
    @Harrys-Queen

Thanks @oluwakemine for this post. God is forever faithful concerning His promises. Though it tarries it shall surely come to pass

Profile photo of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

@oluwakemine you didn’t remind me yday…… :cry:

Had breakfast, thanks for the post – at least i can pray……

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Amen @harrys-queen. God’s promises will surely come to pass for us all.

Aha, sorry about that @bosa. Although, I mentioned at the end of the comment, I put up yesterday, that were were fasting today as agreed. (Tuesdays are for fasting throughtout this month).

Thank God you can still pray.

Profile photo of Ama
    Ama
    Participant
    @MamaZ

Ok, I thought I had posted my testimony but it seems to be gone. Let me try again.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Oh, did you type it and then it vanished @mamaz? Sorry about that. Please re-share. Looking forward to it. :heart:

Profile photo of Ama
    Ama
    Participant
    @MamaZ

I was trying to make some edits because it came out in one block. I finally posted it in the TTC Thread where I think it’s more appropriate as it is a more general outlook.

@oluwakemine Could you please let me know how to insert breaks into a response? It’s difficult to read when it’s all in one block. Thanks dearie!

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Interestingly, I saw your @mamaz testimony in the activity thread, perhaps, you deleted by mistake. Here it is ladies:

“Hello dears!!! I am dropping the first part of my testimony. Hopefully, work will calm down and I will post the second part today. I just want us to keep on praising God because He is beyond our human comprehension.

****************************************************************************************************

It’s been almost a year since I have last provided an update on my TTC journey here. So many things to share and talk to you about. I kept reading but I had lost my credentials and was too lazy/busy to log in.

Last year was pretty interesting. My father-in-law passed away in June last year. It was a really tough time for the husband especially since he is the only one still childless.

Prior to that, my cousin had told me about a clinic here doing a special for IVF for the remainder of 2016, she has been having a hard time as well so she shared the info with me. The husband and I checked it out, realized it made good sense so we made the decision to go for it. Between the funerals,the battery of tests to perform and go through, our hectic and busy work and traveling schedules, we managed to confirm a date for IVF for December 2016. During the year, I had shed a lot of surplus weight and was within 5 kilos of my goal weight. I was following several blogs and they recommended acupuncture for sleep, weight loss and fertility issues. I consulted with a Chinese medicine doctor who is also a gynecologist. He prescribed Chinese herbs for me and the hubby to follow over a 30-day period. That was about 2 weeks ahead of the scheduled procedure. I decided to keep working out and eat really healthy while going through the injections.

So the injections started, it was a bit difficult as the clinic is on the other side of town and I often had to drive myself etc… The retrieval and transfer were scheduled for the second week of December. Funny enough, I was really relaxed through it all.

As a reminder, I was 37 years at the time (I am 38 now) and my AMH had taken a nose dive that year. The previous years, our diagnosis was “unexplained infertility” for me and low motility and survival rates for hubby little guys. We had wasted 2 years with this one kind doctor who didn’t even want to bother checking my husband’s and kept prescribing Clomid to me month after month. That’s when we decided we had had enough and went for IVF. The clinic told us that due to my very low AMH number, they would try only once with my own eggs. If it didn’t work out, they would recommend for a next round to go with donor egg. I cried a bit because of the finality of it all, but decided to take it easy and work on enhancing my egg quality. The posts here and the Chinese doctor helped me chart a plan of action.

Anyways, long story short, on the day of they were able to collect 6 viable eggs (as my husband says, we only need one) and of the 6, 4 fertilized. On transfer day, they transferred 3 eggs. They did the transfer on Day 2, which I had never read about before but I had decided to wholeheartedly trust the process and just relax. The recommendation was to keep activities to a minimum but I could go on about my normal routine. We had an important family event the day of the transfer, and I didn’t want to field questions about why I was not there so I went (in hindsight I think it was a mistake to go).

During the 2 week wait, I was fairly relaxed. I went for the blood work 2 days before Christmas. And I received one of the best Christmas presents in a long time: a BFP with pretty good HCG numbers. I was to go 2 days later for more blood work to control HCG levels, and 2 days after. All those were positive and growing normally.
    We were elated. It was the first BFP ever with my husband and we were over the moon. After the transfer and during the 2 week wait, I was on Progesterone supplements. When I received the BFP, the lady did not mention to continue with the treatment. I should have called to ask (Mistake number 2), instead I stopped using them. It was also the holiday period and being the busy body that I am, I cooked and stayed on my feet a lot.

My first scan was scheduled at the 7-week mark. We went and heard the little heart beat and it was the sweetest sound ever. However, the doctor realized that there was a tiny tear between the placenta and the uterus. The doctor said it could reattach but I had to take it easy and start back on the progesterone supplements. I was also to avoid moving around and even s3x was to be avoided. It was too early in the pregnancy to put a cerclage, so we had to pray and hope for the best. I worked from home for 1 week and took it extremely easy.

On my second scheduled scan (10 weeks mark), I was to learn that my little tiny baby’s heart had stopped beating. Apparently, the tear made it so that oxygen did not properly arrive to the placenta and she (they could see the s3x) did not make it.

I was devastated. I had driven myself that morning so I had to tell my husband from the car. I was so upset I couldn’t drive for a good 45 minutes. When I did, I decided to go to my parents’ house. My sisters (whom I am very close to) were aware of the procedure, but I had not yet told my parents because I wanted it to be a surprise. My mother-in-law because she had once again cornered my husband about going to see one native doctor about us so he told her.

Anyways, the doctor prescribed medicine to induce bleeding. And it was horrible. The cramps, the pain, the huge clots. I was completely devastated. That week was hard. Hubby was a trooper and my mama posted up at my house. Lol. She was due to travel as my younger sister was scheduled to give birth in the next weeks.

And then, the Saturday after it happened, I lost a very dear aunt of mine. The pain of her passing snapped me out of my pain. 2 of my girl cousins (her daughters) and the wife of her son were expecting, and they had just lost their mom. It put things in perspective. I started praying to God for faith and support and just mending of all our broken hearts.

I bled for 3 weeks straight. I was supposed to go back to the doctor for control and making sure everything had gone out, but I did not have the strength to go back there. I decided to take it easy for a while. We decided we will give ourselves a breather and then assess what to do next. I lost the baby the first Saturday in February, so by the time all was said and done it was March.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

I will take a look at the other thread @mamaz. I see you have changed your name too. Meanwhile, it’s here.

Profile photo of Ama
    Ama
    Participant
    @MamaZ

Yes, I have changed the name. Too many details, I would like to keep a modicum of anonymity. :-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.