Support group for women trying to conceive.

The August 2017 BFP Thread

45 replies, 9 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Nicole Nicole 4 hours, 12 minutes ago
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pearl
    Pearl
    Participant
    @Pearl

@nicole: The figures got me. 80%…thats high o.

Profile photo of Akosua
    Akosua
    Participant
    @Akosua

Happy new month everyone… I miss you @nicole & @oluwakemine

Profile photo of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Akosua @akosua, so happy to hear from you sweetheart.  :hugs: How are you doing? It’s been a minute.

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

We miss you loads Akosua @akosua hun. How have you been?  :hugs:

Profile photo of Akosua
    Akosua
    Participant
    @Akosua

I’m enjoying GRACE @nicole & @oluwakemi

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Continue to enjoy His grace @akosua, He will see you through to a beautiful end.

Profile photo of Akosua
    Akosua
    Participant
    @Akosua

AMEN TNX SO MUCH HUN

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello ladies! :hi:   :hi:  It’s a Tuesday and as it’s our usual custom, #Tuesdaysareforfasting :yahoo:   :yahoo:  So, today, we will be waiting on the Lord and praying.

Today, it will be nice, if we move away from just asking but instead thank God for the things He has done. I found this piece here and would like to share part of it with you;

Image result for the place of gratitude

The Place of Gratitude

So, like God’s Word told me to do, I found reasons to be thankful. I thanked God for every little thing I could think of about my situation. I thanked Him that I didn’t have to go through morning sickness, or pregnancy, or labor, that I didn’t have to stop exercising, that I got so much time with my husband, that we could travel, stay up late at night, sleep in on Saturdays, that I wouldn’t have to worry about baby weight, or a flabby stomach, or flabby arms (Alright, I was slightly vain.) But I was also thanking Him for His unique plan for me, for protecting my body from something I might not be able to handle, for the people He had already placed in my life to love, and for all He had already entrusted to me.

I admit at first, these prayers of thanks felt kind of awkward and flat. Was I really thanking God for withholding the thing I so desperately wanted? Yes. And it was this kind of gratitude that opened my eyes to see what God was already doing in my present stage of life. It opened my heart to trust Him and to desire His will above my own, even if I didn’t understand it. (Proverbs 3:5-6) It opened my arms to embrace Him, to embrace all of Him, whether or not I ever got pregnant. For once, I was not worshiping God with clenched fists, but with open hands.

I learned that only open hands can receive from the Lord, not clenched ones. As I stretched my hands open, I could finally receive what He had been trying to give me all along: Himself.

The deep longing and aching I felt within me for a child could only ever be satisfied in Him. When I found my joy in Him alone, and not in what I wanted Him to give me, I was finally content. I was finally at peace. I was finally happy. I no longer felt jealous of all the women in my life with babies. “Infertility” no longer sounded like a death sentence; it sounded like a beautiful calling to something different than I had planned. I realized that even though no child lived in my womb, the Holy Spirit lived in me. If my womb was empty, my heart was full of life, and full of God. I was alive in Him. And He was alive in me. That was a miracle.

Prayer points:

Look at all the things in your life, that are working out great and say “Thank You Lord”

Look at all the things that may seem not so fantastic and proclaim on the side of victory, “Thank you Lord.”

It’s #ThankslivingTuesday. Just say “Thank You Lord”

cc: @harrys-queen  @nekky @bally @noredia @mamaz @ldike @adaoraa  @thisyrismyyr @aadetoyin  @missirregularversion  @emaimo@diana@patiencee @dearlar  @nicole @akosua

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Profile photo of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi.
    Profile photo of Noredia
    Noredia
    Participant
    @Noredia

Thankful to God for the gift of life and that all things are working together for our good.  :good:

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Amen! Thanks @oluwakemine  :cloud9:

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@noredia dear, how are you? How did today’s fast go?

Profile photo of Noredia
    Noredia
    Participant
    @Noredia

Hi @nicole. I’m great. How are you?

Today’s fast was awesome. One of the things I prayed for and always pray is for our faith not to fail but grow stronger. God has really been faithful in that area for me. And I’m also really thankful and grateful to Him for that. God will continue to help and see us through in this our TTC journey.

Thanks so much @nicole for this platform. God bless you.

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

You hit the nail right on the head, @noredia! May HE continue to strengthen our faith, in JESUS’ name  :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :cloud9:   :hugs:   :hugs:   :hugs:

Profile photo of Noredia
    Noredia
    Participant
    @Noredia

AMEEEEN  :yahoo:

Profile photo of Bos
    Bos
    Participant
    @Bosa

Amen, beautiful piece as usual…Thanks @oluwakemine:heart:

May the Lord answer our prayers.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.