Support group for women trying to conceive.

OCTOBER 2016 BFP Thread!

444 replies, 36 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Akosua Akosua 6 months, 4 weeks ago
Viewing 9 posts - 436 through 444 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

31 DAYS OF PRAYER

Day 29 – Praying for Community 

Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.- Galatians 6:2

There is one thing we know for certain about infertility: we don’t want to go through it alone.

It can feel like a tremendous risk to open yourself up to a connection with someone else going through infertility.

“What if she gets pregnant and I don’t?”

“What if my treatments work and hers don’t?”

“It’s hard enough to go through my own pain. I don’t want to get too involved with someone else’s.”

The Bible tells us to bear one another’s burdens. It seems counterintuitive, but when we bear someone else’s burdens, our own load is lightened in the process.

God shows up in community (Matthew 18:20). He speaks to us through the lives and words of others.  I don’t know about you, but I often feel like God provides comfort, encouragement, and wisdom to me through the interactions I have with other infertility-sisters.

We need to resist the temptation to withdraw and isolate ourselves during infertility. We may think it would be easier to do this alone. We wouldn’t have to deal with the awkward comments and questions. We’d have a lot more privacy.

But we’d be missing out on so much love and prayer sent our way. Yes, Jesus often withdrew to be alone, but He also spent a lot of His time traveling with, eating with, living with, and just being with eleven other men. His entire ministry took place in the context of community.

If we are to become more like Christ, we must embrace the idea of community during infertility.

Just the fact that you’re reading this blog means that you are open to the idea of gaining wisdom from someone else’s infertility experience. Be encouraged to take it deeper and connect with people who are willing to bear your burdens and let you bear theirs.

As you pray today, ask God to connect you to a community of people committed to sharing each other’s burdens during infertility.

Prayer: Father Lord, we thank You for a community like ours. We thank You for this sisterhood that allows us share our pain, heartbreak, troubles, worries…and joys, happiness and thanksgiving. Give us the grace to give as we receive. Give us the grace to help as we are helped. Give us the grace to be a blessing to one person today. Father Lord, we ask this in Your Mighty Name, through which all good things come. Amen!

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Hi ladies. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

As the month of October slowly comes to an end, we are already revving up for the wonderful month of November. There were so many wonderful blessings this month, but we are also hopeful of what November has in store.

I thought it would be a good idea to share an article of ours, which talks about various Conception Boosters. Many of these are well known to us, but I just thought it would be a good refresher for those of us preparing to migrate over to the new November thread in a few days  :friends:

cc: @ritty @olayinka @ange @angel @akosua @naaadzane @goldie10 @lizzy @chyfaith @nadia @nekkyg@mrsciw @ibukun @salamigirl3k @eniola @elle @oyinpd @rabeeyat @tynah @iyawodiipo @tighocharles@jasmine @fifi @oluwakemine @wemi @jasmine @fruitful  @eka @chixavier @missamerley @ritty

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Profile gravatar of Nicole Nicole.
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

The prayer for today is a special one  :yes:   :yes:  and it resounds with something  I heard just this morning, if you continually say, I want to be there for someone, I want to reach out, I want to hold someone’s hands but I’m struggling myself, I can’t do it now, I will  do it later.”

That later will never come. There will never be a time, you won’t have one issue or another in your life, you wish, you didn’t have to deal with. Do what you can now, even with your heart breaking. I don’t know about you but supporting each other, makes us all stronger.

Stay strong ladies and let’s keep holding hands. The light cometh.

Thank you Nicole @nicole for sharing. :heart:

:dust: :dust:   :dust:  To the November  :bfp: graduands already :heart:   :heart:

cc: cc: @ritty @olayinka @ange @angel @akosua @naaadzane @goldie10 @lizzy @chyfaith @nadia @nekkyg@mrsciw @ibukun @salamigirl3k @namy @chinny

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

31 DAYS OF PRAYER

Day 30 – Praying for our Specific Situation(s)

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.- Colossians 4:2

For the last 29 days, we have been praying for specific areas. While they are all very worthwhile things to pray for, but prayer is personal. We don’t always need suggestions or prompts. We can come to God and pray for whatever is on our mind.

So today, let us be encouraged to pray for whatever is on our hearts.  Let us use the extra few minutes to have an extended time with God.

Maybe you need to talk to Him about your specific fertility situation.

Maybe you want to go back and revisit one of our earlier topics that really spoke to you.

Or perhaps you just need to sit and listen for God’s voice.

As you pray today, ask God to reveal what you two need to talk about.

cc: @ritty @olayinka @ange @angel @akosua @naaadzane @goldie10 @lizzy @chyfaith @nadia @nekkyg@mrsciw @ibukun @salamigirl3k @namy @chinny

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

31 DAYS OF PRAYER

Day 31 – Praying for Others

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.- James 5:16

Craig McConnell is one of the bloggers for John Eldredge’s Ransomed Heart ministry. During one of their recent podcasts, entitled The Story You Find Yourself In, he spoke about how he’s going through a recurrence of cancer, and how God is teaching him to pray for others even when he’s in the middle of deep physical and emotional suffering himself. Around the 11 minute mark he says:

“It feels cruel- when you’re suffering- that God would ask you to put your eyes and focus your attention on others…There’s no exemptions to love the Lord your God with all your heart, and love others… When you suffer you feel justified to be preoccupied with yourself. Understandably so. To some degree, necessarily so. And yet in my pain and suffering, God came and said, “I want you to- in your pain and suffering- to love others.” And what felt cruel initially ended up turning into this rich communion with God, where I felt like this must be some of what the cross felt like for Christ. The absolute severe physical and personal pain of the crucifixion, and yet He’s concerned for the hearts and lives of others. And his whole heart is turned towards others.”

Did that take your breath away?  “When you suffer you feel justified to be preoccupied with yourself.”

Isn’t that so true?This is such a struggle during infertility. Our hearts get so heavy and so wounded that it’s hard sometimes to find room for others and carry their burdens, too.

But our ultimate example is Christ, and when He was in the middle of doing the most difficult thing anyone had ever done (the crucifixion), He prayed for others: “Father, forgive them…” (Luke 23:34).

In our own pain, we can pray for others out of duty, or we can choose to use our prayers as a means of inviting God into our pain even further. It will take tremendous strength to pray during our own time of need, but God will come through and strengthen us in the process.

Pick one or two people to pray for today. Spend some time asking God to give them what they need, and to help you be others-focused even in the midst of your own pain.

Prayer: Father Lord, as we conclude our 31 days of prayer, we lift up our sisters with whom we have raised our voices over the course of the last month. We set aside our own intentions and instead pray for theirs today. Even though we might all have a common prayer request, may You also meet each and every one of our sisters in their various points of need, in every, single aspect of their lives. By praying for others, we not only open our hearts to a deeper sense of love but also fully submit to Your divine will…trusting You to bring to fruition all Your wonderful promises to us. In JESUS’ name we have prayed! AMEN!

cc: @ritty @olayinka @ange @angel @akosua @naaadzane @goldie10 @lizzy @chyfaith @nadia @nekkyg@mrsciw @ibukun @salamigirl3k @namy @chinny

Profile gravatar of Akosua
    Akosua
    Participant
    @Akosua

am just seeing yesterday’s devotion thanks @nicole..am not on good terms with a friend we were praying this morning & we were asked to pray for pregnant women then i remembered my friend & prayed for her…. i prayed to the extent that i almost forgot to pray for myself & i must confess i feel better glad i did this

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Awww, that’s so lovely @akosua. My dear, prayer releases our hearts from the bitterness and sorrow we carry…freeing us to worship more freely, and to better receive our gifts. So glad you prayed for her :hugs:

Profile gravatar of Akosua
    Akosua
    Participant
    @Akosua

my friend is all over me today :haha: :haha: power of prayer @nicole

Viewing 9 posts - 436 through 444 (of 444 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.