Support group for women trying to conceive.

Fibroids

3 replies, 4 voices Last updated by Profile photo of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Somi
    Somi
    Participant
    @somia

Good evening i ve been so sad. I went for HSG on thursday. It was discovered that my tubes are blocked and the cause could be uterine fibroids that are blocking my tubes. The doctor said d only way i can get pregnant is by surgery. I am so scared that this will make matters worse. Pls does anyone know anybody who has had her fibriods removed and still got pregnant. I am so scared.

Profile photo of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@somia hun, so sorry for seeing this only now.

My dear, please don’t be scared. A lot of women have had myomectomies and gotten pregnant. I am one such person. Even though mine was an IVF pregnancy, I know many women who have conceived naturally afterwards. Of course there are risks, but it doesn’t affect all women. If the fibroids are blocking your tubes, then it’s something we have to do hun.

Where will you be having the surgery?

Profile photo of Saurab
    Saurab
    Participant
    @saurab015

“If the fibroid is located right by the placenta, it can affect the blood supply to the fetus, “Then sometimes the baby may be born a little on the small side and there can be complications, including difficulty breathing, problems maintaining weight and body temperature.” If the blood supply is severely compromised and there’s a drop in weight, doctors may need to deliver sooner rather than later.

Profile photo of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

That you for this beautiful insight @saurab015 :heart:   :heart:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.