Support group for women trying to conceive.

Fibroids

13 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Nicole 1 month, 1 week ago
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Somi
    Participant
    @somia

Good evening i ve been so sad. I went for HSG on thursday. It was discovered that my tubes are blocked and the cause could be uterine fibroids that are blocking my tubes. The doctor said d only way i can get pregnant is by surgery. I am so scared that this will make matters worse. Pls does anyone know anybody who has had her fibriods removed and still got pregnant. I am so scared.

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@somia hun, so sorry for seeing this only now.

My dear, please don’t be scared. A lot of women have had myomectomies and gotten pregnant. I am one such person. Even though mine was an IVF pregnancy, I know many women who have conceived naturally afterwards. Of course there are risks, but it doesn’t affect all women. If the fibroids are blocking your tubes, then it’s something we have to do hun.

Where will you be having the surgery?

Saurab
    Participant
    @saurab015

“If the fibroid is located right by the placenta, it can affect the blood supply to the fetus, “Then sometimes the baby may be born a little on the small side and there can be complications, including difficulty breathing, problems maintaining weight and body temperature.” If the blood supply is severely compromised and there’s a drop in weight, doctors may need to deliver sooner rather than later.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

That you for this beautiful insight @saurab015 :heart:   :heart:

Somi
    Participant
    @somia

Good my Sisters. How has it been. I ve been keeping a low profile. My husband n I just registered in Nordica fertility center here in Abuja. We hope it will go well. I was told to come for blood work when my period comes n my hubby will also be doing his semen analysis. I was told i ve fibriods but d doctor said she will do a scan on d 10 day of my cycle to know where it is exactly n if it is really blocking my tubes. I hope this will be the last bus stop in this search for children. I will keep u guys posted on our journey…

:hug:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

:hugs: Somi @somia, so happy to hear from you. We will be keeping fingers crossed regarding this latest development.

How are you doing otherwise?

cc: @nicole

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Somi @somia dear, we’re here wishing you the very best of luck  :hugs:   :hugs:

Hopefully, the fibroids aren’t situated in any compromising place. Are they causing you discomfort?

Somi
    Participant
    @somia

Yes they cause me serious discomfort @nicole. I ve been having really painful periods with blood clots on day two and 3 of my period. I usually take pain killers to fxn. My doc told me d fibroid  is 3cm and d other is 1cm

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

So sorry about the discomfort, Somi @somia dear. They aren’t large fibroids, but my concern is that you’re in discomfort. What is your doctor’s treatment plan?

Somi
    Participant
    @somia

Good morning ladies. I ve been scheduled for hysteroscopy to remove my fibriods. I will be doing it at the end of this mth my God’s grace. We  are trying to raise the money and i believe all will be well by God’s grace. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

This is good news Somi @somia. God will provide the funds needed to do this procedure. :dust:

Which clinic are you having the procedure?

Somi
    Participant
    @somia

Hello dearies!!!! I ve done d surgical hysteroscopy. Did it with Nordica. The drs were wonderful. I did it on friday n i am already back on my feet.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Wow Somi @somia, that’s so great. Thank God everything went well. Hope you are taking things easy though. Now, we can move onto the next thing. :plane:   :plane:

cc: @nicole

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Oh praise God, Somi @somia  :hugs: :hugs: . So happy to read this. Please rest dear, until it’s time for the next phase.

:hug: :hug:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.