The venue for the live chats with our awesome partners!

SD's Fine Food Takeover Thread

137 replies, 7 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Temi Awoyemi
    Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Sewe,

Smoothies would have really helped disguise the taste, because you will be adding fruits and that would make it more pleasurable to drink. Yoghurt is good you can blend the super foods with yoghurt and trust me it would help.

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

Weight training is perfect for everyone, don’t be scared of weight training it tones you, it keeps you fit, you build muscles not like weight lifters muscles nice lady like muscles.

Embrace it.

Thanks

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Thanks everyone who participated it was a pleasure

Enjoy the rest of your week, God bless.

Tems

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello ladies. Hope you are having a great week. Our partner @tems is live on the site now, take advantage of her presence and ask all your questions.

Meanwhile @tems, a member mentioned that,  Ceylon cinnamon is good for health, while the casia kind, when taken in large quantities is dangerous to health. Could please shed some light on that?

cc:@nicole@chinny@akosua@namy  @bosa @ritty @olayinka @akosua @naaadzane @nekkyg @lizzy @chyfaith @ibukun @salamigirl3k @nadia@rabeeyat @yetundeaare@oluwaseun @misi @esha goldie10 @ritty @pcosinlusaka @missfafa @wemi@iyawodiipo@adeyinka@jasmine@geraldine@osato @eka@rubie @olay @xoxojay @elsea @geraldine@elsie @elsiano @eniola @deedee@dsquared@tiwa @bukkiearegbe @chevvy3@babispice22@mrslafiaji @chinwendu @abeemah @joesmal1 @bsalami @angel-2 @hurlar @ladylorrie @fatima, @temilola@stephanie @uwaye @babynaatey

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

They both have health benefits, I generally love cinnamon as a sweetener especially in my oats, Cassia contains a higher level of a compound known as Coumarin and high level of this is known to cause  damage to the Liver. I guess it’s safer going with the Ceylon cinnamon most times. I totally recommend organic traditions cinnamon and turmeric it’s one of the purest to me and it’s organic as well. Don’t try to do cheap when it comes to health products please I tend to buy more organic products they are more expensive but I only got this one body and I’m what I eat so I remain mindful of what I feed my body. If you can’t  afford organic,there are ethical brands out there that really care about what they are feeding people try to go for brands like that.

Many thanks,

Tems

Profile gravatar of Sewe
    Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

Hi @tems. I just got diagnosed with ulcer. :cry: Are there foods,  that can help me?  I’m researching into the condition but would like your input.Thank you.

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Sewe,

I’m so sorry to hear that, Ulcer can be such a nuisance. First you need to start keeping a food diary writing down what you eat at all times you are going to find out what food really flares up your ulcer more, and these food should be on your avoid or reduce list  it’s quite essential to do this you will have to be your own doctor.  You should try to avoid spicy foods and high fat foods and generally try to eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains( whole grains include whole-wheat breads,  pasta, and brown rice. Choose lean meats, chicken and turkey, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts. Try to stick to a  healthy meal plan no unhealthy fats, salt, and added sugar healthy fats include extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and avocado oil.

Hope this helps.

Tems

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Thanks everyone who participated today, enjoy the rest of your week.

God bless

Tems

Profile gravatar of Sewe
    Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

Thank you @tems. You’re quite right about it being a real nuisance. I have started taking notes already, just scared of trying some foods because  of the reactions.  :heart:   :heart:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Image result for Happy february

Hello ladies, welcome to a brand new month and we are starting off with a Healthy Eating Takeover. Isn’t at all the sign we nee to make this month a really healthy one for us. I think it is.

And our partner @tems is on the site.. :yahoo:  so bring on the questions already.

cc:@nicole@chinny@akosua@namy  @bosa @ritty @olayinka @akosua @naaadzane @nekkyg @lizzy @chyfaith @ibukun @salamigirl3k @nadia@rabeeyat @yetundeaare@oluwaseun @misi @esha goldie10 @ritty @pcosinlusaka @missfafa @wemi@iyawodiipo@adeyinka@jasmine@geraldine@osato@eka@rubie @olay @xoxojay @elsea @geraldine@elsie @elsiano @eniola @deedee@dsquared@tiwa @bukkiearegbe @chevvy3@babispice22@mrslafiaji @chinwendu @abeemah @joesmal1 @bsalami @angel-2 @hurlar @ladylorrie @fatima, @temilola@stephanie @uwaye @babynaatey @uloma @joy022

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hi @tems, hope you are doing great. I know you have mentioned in the past, some foods that are good for fertility of both male and female, however, are there some that can help men specifically, where low sperm count is concerned?

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

Maca root

Garlic

Ginseng

Goji berry

Ashwaganda

Profile gravatar of Sewe
    Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

Hello everyone. @tems, where did you go last week. No article, no live chat? What’s happening with you?

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Have a great week everyone

Tems

Profile gravatar of Sewe
    Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

Getting some relief from the ulcer symptoms. Now, I eat pretty early and have healthy snacks in my bag. I also decided to cut down on my sugar consumption. Let’s see how it goes but know that, you make it easy. Thanks sis @tems

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.