The venue for the live chats with our awesome partners!

SD's Fine Food Takeover Thread

137 replies, 7 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 10 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Happy New Year ladies!!!

And I’m excited about our first Takeover and livechat in the year 2017. Don’t  you think, it’s fitting that we are starting with Healthy Eating?  I do  :yes:

After all that bingeing sessions,  some of us had, I think, we might want to get off to a healthier start this year and if we can boost our fertility in the process, all the better. So bring on your questions and lets roll. :whistle:

cc:@nicole@chinny@akosua@namy  @bosa @ritty @olayinka @akosua @naaadzane @nekkyg @lizzy @chyfaith @ibukun @salamigirl3k @nadia@rabeeyat @yetundeaare@oluwaseun @misi @esha goldie10 @ritty @pcosinlusaka @missfafa @wemi@iyawodiipo@adeyinka@jasmine@geraldine@osato @eka @rubie @olay @xoxojay @elsea @geraldine@elsie @elsiano @eniola @deedee@dsquared@tiwa @bukkiearegbe @chevvy3 @babispice22@mrslafiaji @chinwendu @abeemah @joesmal1 @bsalami @angel-2 @hurlar @ladylorrie @fatima, @temilola @stephanie @uwaye

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

It looks like I have the honour of asking the first question @tems. How best would you say, one can go about losing the holiday weight?

Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  @tems and all the other ladies here. So glad to be alive to see 2017. Na only God o. Anyways, I concur with @oluwakemine‘s question today. Even though, I tried not to overdo it, my scale told me otherwise this morning. I added some 3kg in two weeks, can you imagine? :wacko:

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

Losing weight generally is all about eating right and exercising, we should all work towards that this year. There are no quick fix methods, it might work initially but trust me you put the weight back on and even twice as much at the end of the day.

I always encourage eating foods high in fib re like loads of vegetables and fruits, eating good fats and cooking with good oils, having salads as well really does help, eating loads of wholegrain as well it’s very beneficial, lastly drinking 2-3 litres of water daily.

If you can do these regularly with a good exercise plan then you are on the right path to getting rid of the holiday weight.

If

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Sewe,

Happy new year thank God for another year, that’s the thing about weight gain you will be shocked at how much you can put on in the space of a week, and to think that you tried so hard to be kind to yourself by not overindulging but to be honest with weight gain the struggle is real it just creeps up on you without you even realizing.

It’s just best to hit the ground running in the new year to get rid of the excess weight we all gained over the holiday season, by going back to healthy eating coupled with a good exercise plan if you can motivate yourself to get this two done regularly then you will surely be rid of the weight in no time.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Looks like that’s all for today. Thank you @tems  :heart:   :heart:

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Thanks everyone have a great week.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello mamas, how’s your week coming along? Hope good. Our partner, @tems is online now and ready to answer all your questions relating to living a healthy lifestyle. So bring on the questions.

Did you read her article for today? :-(  You should, we could all use some of the tips in there. Thank you Temi.

Meanwhile, Temi, now, that our eyes are clearing small small :scratch: and the holiday is fast receding from our memories, what would simple exercise routine, would you suggest for moi. Mind you, I’m 3.5kg less than my ideal BMI, so I don’t want to disappear oh.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Also @tems, a few ladies wanted to know, if you have clover and red raspberry leaves and some of the herbs, you mentioned in your article from last week. Do you?

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

Exercise is actually great for keeping fit,  that’s one of the best things about it so you don’t go up a flight of steps and you are already out of breath or you simply can’t chase after the kids simply because you are not fit.

Oluwakemi for you your exercise plan would be planned with the view in mind that you don’t want to lose weight you only want to get fit and build some muscle and to just look toned and nice in a good way. Weight training which is a form of strenght training where you get to lift weights, use dumbbells, this type of exercises helps you build muscles( in a good feminine way) and keeps you fit and toned all over.

Thanks

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

We have them in stock and Maca is back in stock as well.

Thanks

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Happy New Year, @temi hun  :hugs:   :hugs:   :hugs:

I would like to know what healthy suggestions you have for satisfying a sweet tooth. I’m having major withdrawal symptoms and need to be able to satisfy the urge  :whistle:   :whistle:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

You scared with those weight thing, but I being toned sounds great actually. @tems

Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

Hi @tems. I like your artile for today. It was as though, you knew I needed those tips. Anyways. I’m introducing some of the Super foods, you have been talking about like maca and another, forgotten the name now, but the taste nawa. How do you infuse without tasting and I don’t really fancy smoothies. Can I add yoghurt?

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Nicole,

I always encourage not going cold turkey if you are trying to reduce or stop taking sugary stuff, it just makes it worse gradually try to take baby steps by swapping for healthier alternatives

I tend to have dark chocolate like 2 squares is more than enough which has over 70% cocoa is a good replacement for general chocolate but its healthier and not loaded with sugar you can get them at shoprite Surulere

Greek yoghurt with honey or maple syrup it’s a healthier option as well

Oats cookie I use coconut sugar though

Homemade granola with coconut nectar or maple syrup  i snack on them

Popcorn

Raisins in my  oatmeal

grilled plantain chips

All these are healthier alternatives if you really need to have something and can’t ignore that craving. These are healthier alternatives and you won’t pile up the calories on them.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.