The venue for the live chats with our awesome partners!

SD's Fine Food Takeover Thread

137 replies, 7 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 10 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 138 total)
  • Author

Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

Hi @tems, I like your article today. I could use a few tips from it. But that sleeping to lose weight seem somehow to me :wacko: . Could you explain more please?

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

Overcoming the habit of comfort eating starts with you

understand what your TRIGGERS are, what triggers you to comfort eat

you need to retrain your brain as well not to respond to those triggers, and if you think oh I am weak I need to have it then do go for more wise choices like fruits, dates etc

if you comfort eat when stressed please try to manage your stress levels  better

go for a walk to avoid falling into that temptation

try not to buy the stuff you love eating when comfort eating in your weekly shopping if you don’t have them at home you reduce the chances of you eating them when you feel that way

prepare nice healthy meals and store them in the freezer or fridge and you know you have a nice healthy meal stored away somewhere that you can have without you going for the bad sweet stuff

fill your body with clean good foods for general overall health, always have this at the back of your mind that I am what I eat.

hope these little tips help

thanks

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Sewe,

Guess it came across wrongly, if we could sleep to lose weight i would be a size 0 by now. I am happy you like the article and it means you paid attention. What I meant in the article is to try and make sure you get enough sleep for the night because if you do not get a good night rest then you increase the hormones that make you hungry and lower the hormones that keep you satiated, thereby increasing your craving for food, so the message is to get enough sleep at night it’s really important you do so 7-8 hours of good sleep is GOOD FOR THE BODY AND SOUL.

Thanks

Anonymous @

@tems, what supplements can you use, when you react badly to dairy products?

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Anita,

Have you ever done a test to see if you are lactose intolerant that would be a good place to start from as we get older our bodies cannot digest dairy products again so you have to start looking for alternatives like swapping dairy milk for nut milk, hemp milk, rice milk they are better our bodies and contain loads of nutrients.

For supplements I would say supplement with  a good probiotic, eat calcium rich food like yogurt, sardines, kale and broccoli, eat foods rich in vitamin K as well which are mainly leafy greens spinach, rocket ,watercress and kale, cucumbers, broccoli try to incorporate all these into your diet.

Last week you asked about fertility boosting supplements I forgot to mention Goji berries please add it to the list.

Thanks

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

I am missing one of my regulars today, where is Nicole today I haven’t seen any questions from her today.

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Anita,

I meant to say our bodies finds it hard digesting  dairy products as we get older.

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Thanks everyone that participated today it was my pleasure. Hope to hear from you all next week.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Temi @tems, Nicole @nicole must have been having a full day today but I’m sure, she will drop by as soon as she can, even if it means, you answer her question, next time, you come on. :heart:   :heart:

Thanks Temi

Anitta @anitta, have you done any test to confirm your lactose tolerance levels? You should, before you start looking at alternatives. :heart:   :heart:

Are Goji berries available in Nigeria @tems?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

@temi, so sorry hun. Yesterday was c-r-a-z-y at work, So bummed I missed it  :cry:   :cry:   :cry:

Do you still have your low-fat popcorn? Needing a healthy snack since plantain chips is a no-no  :munch:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hi ladies, Temi @tems will soon be live on the site, answering all questions relating to living a healthy lifestyle.  Feel free to drop your questions, comments and concerns here.

@cc: @nicole @chinny@akosua@namy  @bosa @ritty @olayinka @akosua @naaadzane @nekkyg @lizzy @chyfaith @ibukun @salamigirl3k @nadia@rabeeyat @yetundeaare @oluwaseun @misi @esha goldie10 @ritty @pcosinlusaka @missfafa @wemi @iyawodiipo @adeyinka @jasmine @geraldine @osato @eka @rubie

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

yes you can get it here Oluwakemi, we have in stock as well @sdsfinefoodsng

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hi @tems, thanks for joining us today,  one of our pregnant mommas Grace @iyawodiipo would like to  know what healthy snacks, she can take during her first trimester. :heart:   :heart:

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Nicole,

Our popcorns are sold out we are waiting on new stock.

Thanks

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

She can snack on fruits, nuts if she does not have a nut allergy, veggie crisps,popcorn, carrots with hummus,crackers,she should try to keep it healthy most times and when she has a craving she can indulge not just everyday.

Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.