The venue for the live chats with our awesome partners!

SD's Fine Food Takeover Thread

137 replies, 7 voices Last updated by  Oluwakemi 10 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • Author

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Thank you Temi @tems for answering all these questions. You can say that again about kids screaming and even nagging me about treats. I guess, it starts with me. Once, I clean up my act, it becomes a lot easier to deal with theirs. :heart:   :heart:  Gracias.

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello everyone, Temi  @tems of SD’s fine food is live now for her chat. Let the questions roll in.

cc @cc: @nicole @chinny @akosua@namy  @bosa @ritty @olayinka @akosua @naaadzane @nekkyg @lizzy @chyfaith @ibukun @salamigirl3k @nadia@rabeeyat @yetundeaare @oluwaseun @misi @esha goldie10 @ritty

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

So, here’s my first question, I like your suggestions from last week but I suspect my will power. :-) How do I start at all?

Anonymous @

Hi Temi @tems, I’m particularly interested in fertility boosting foods, apart from Maca, what other foods can help.

:good: :good: with the sugar article today. I will never look at sugar same way again.  :heart:   :heart:

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

I think the first step is to mentally tell yourself you need to make that change and set goals on how you are going to go about it, it’s not always the best to go cold turkey, I always advice to start by reducing your intake of sweet stuff if you are one to put a tbsp of sugar in your garri start by trying out a teaspoon you still get the sweet taste but you have reduced the amount of sugar, if you are a chocolic try to go  for dark chocolates which are so full of nutrients and do not have as much sugar as regular chocolates and also try out other natural sweeteners like raw honey, coconut nectar, date, etc and try not to stock up on the sweet stuff that lead you to temptation, if you do not have them at home then you won’t be tempted to snack on them.

Thanks

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

I think the first step is to mentally tell yourself you need to make that change and set goals on how you are going to go about it, it’s not always the best to go cold turkey, I always advice to start by reducing your intake of sweet stuff if you are one to put a tbsp of sugar in your garri start by trying out a teaspoon you still get the sweet taste but you have reduced the amount of sugar, if you are a chocolic try to go  for dark chocolates which are so full of nutrients and do not have as much sugar as regular chocolates and also try out other natural sweeteners like raw honey, coconut nectar, date, etc and try not to stock up on the sweet stuff that lead you to temptation, if you do not have them at home then you won’t be tempted to snack on them.

Thanks

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Hi @tems! So great to have you back  :hugs:   :hugs:

I have a question. What do you think about cheat days? If a person is able to eat healthy 6 days a week, is having 1 day to just r-e-l-a-x a bad thing?  :whistle:

Sewe
    Participant
    @Sewe

@tems, how do one ear healthy while pregnant? The craving for ice cream and frozen yogurt is real. :scratch:

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Anita,

Yea Maca is a great one, beetroot as well as it is high in folic acid and Spirulina its also good for fortifying our bodies with much needed nutrients. Lastly this is very important increase your vegetable intake eat your spinach and broccoli regularly I have read they are very good vegetables at helping women trying to conceive and you should try to at least have them everyday. We should all actually be eating vegetables everyday either juicing them which is a great way of getting your nutrients as well or eat them in your salads.

Thanks

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Nicole,

Cheat days are so necessary it really keeps you sane and you actually do better when you have a reward meal for being good, I look forward to my cheat days which is normally on a Sunday it’s the best day of the week we all love rewards.Eating healthy is really about the 80:20 rule where you eat real healthy 80% of the week and the 20% is for you to satisfy your cravings as well. The body starts working harder as well to burn fat when you have a bit of unhealthy stuff as it can not keep it in so you also speed your metabolism as well by adding a little bit of the not so good stuff on days like this even sugar is allowed. On your cheat days you can Feast my dear but do not overindulge and be able to get back on track the next day

Thanks

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Sewe,

I guess that is a very tricky period for pregnant women the craving for sweet stuff is real sometimes you just can’t control the cravings, for some is the food as well you just want more and more but it is always advisable to stick to moderate portions as excess weight for both mother and baby can lead to complications during pregnancy.  I would say rather than Ice cream I would try out  Greek yogurt topped with honey, a square or two of dark chocolates as well would help, and sometimes fruits  if you are craving for something sweet, you still get to satisfy your sugar cravings but your not packing so much calories in, everything in moderation if possible when you are pregnant.

Thanks

Thanks

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Thank you Temi @tems for coming on and answering all our questions this week. :rose:   :rose:   :hugs:

Ladies, @anitta @sewe @nicole, thanks for being part of Today’s livechat. :heart:   :heart:

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Yaaay! So happy to hear that my cheat days are good days  :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :good:   :good:

Thanks so much, @temi  :hugs:

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello ladies, our partner for today, @tems will soon be live, get your questions ready on how to live a healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

cc: : @bosa @olayinka @stiieez @bibi @misi @naaadzane @chyfaith @lizzy @jasmine @chinny @nekkyg @elle @eniola@ibukun@oyinpd @tynah @wemi @fifi @pearl @weni @msadesuwa @anitta @sewe @geraldine @bimpe @oluwaseun@olayinka @adeyinka @ange @chixavier @joys @emaimo @nicole @chixavier @joys @ms-t @pcosinlusaka

Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hello Temi @tems, glad to have you here this week. So, I have been wondering about emotional eating or should I say, comfort eating, how do you think, one can let go of it?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.