The venue for the live chats with our awesome partners!

SD's Fine Food Takeover Thread

137 replies, 7 voices Last updated by Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi Oluwakemi 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of Temi Awoyemi
    Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

All questions about eating right for a healthy lifestyle will be answered in this thread. Looking forward to 4pm to chat with you. Get your questions ready. :heart:   :heart:

Profile gravatar of Dokpe A
    Dokpe A
    Participant
    @Fruitful

What foods would you recommended for reducing the tommy size? I cant do exercises due to complications during CS and i have taken clean 9 but the tommy is not reducing. Looking forward to 4pm. Thanks!

Dokpe A
    Participant
    @Fruitful

What foods would you recommended for reducing the tommy size? I cant do exercises due to complications during CS and i have taken clean 9 but the tommy is not reducing. Looking forward to 4pm. Thanks! @tems

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile gravatar of Dokpe A Dokpe A.
    Profile gravatar of Nicole
    Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Heeeyyyy, @tems dear! Glad to have you here  :heart:

Here is my first question oooo. Plantain chips. Yay or nay?  :scratch:

cc: @oluwakemine

Profile gravatar of Anita Remmy
    Anita Remmy
    Participant
    @Anitta

Plantain Chips @nicole? :haha:  Is that your favourite snacks?

Good to have you live Temi, @tems. So what do you think about my challenge, I’m a comfort eater and I go between starving for hours and then bingeing for another. I must say the weight isn’t going down oh

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Dokpe,

This is a major challenge we all face, we can all relate to this, for the tummy I always tell people that it does not matter the number of crunches we do, abs exercises we carry out if we do not focus on our nutrition it isn’t going to happen. Belly fat it’s blasted away through what we eat, I hope you have heard that adage good abs are made in the kitchen so the starting point for fantastic abs starts with your food.

My first advice is always cut back on the carbs especially the processed ones like the white potatoes, white bread, sugar, doughnuts, biscuits eat more of wholegrain brown rice, wholemeal bread, quinoa, sweet potatoes, up your intake of fruit and vegetables more vegetables though , and always ensure to have protein with all your meals, these meals I mentioned are so rich in fiber  they keep you full for longer and help as well with digestion.

Stop having soda and cut off all alcoholic drinks as they are all loaded with sugar and are just empty calories

I always encourage everyone to eat more fats they are so good at blasting away that tummy fat embrace good fats they are so good for your health eat more avocado I have them every single day, I snack on cashews, almonds, pistachios nuts generally are good for you aim to have them everyday but nuts are fattening as well i limit myself to 10-12 nuts a day, eat oily fish regularly mackerel, sardines I practically have sardines for breakfast or in my dinner. I only cook with Extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil, and use extra virgin olive oil for my salads and avocado oil these are all good sources of good fat the kind we should all be eating

Exercises are great don’t get me wrong but to blast belly fat away you need to start with good nutrition eating the right food then do belly exercises like planks they work real well for your abs., push ups and also leg raises there are so many videos on you tube on exercises to strengthen your abs.

Hope you find these tips helpful.

Thanks

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Hi  Temi @tems, glad to have you here. My own question is not on weight loss, really. Its about how I could eat healthy, with all the temptations around me. Especially saying no to sugar, that is a big issue with me and now, my younger son has a terribly bad tooth, no thanks to his momma. B-)

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

nay especially when it’s fried, if you must go for the green plantain and grill it in the oven with just a pinch of salt, These days if I really do want to have fried plantain i just grill it in the oven it’s not the same taste as fried but it’s healthy and a whole lot better

Thanks

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

Chaiiii, @tems  :wacko: . And I was there thinking I was healthy snacking  :dohh: . Do you still have your healthy popcorn?

Nicole
    Keymaster
    @Nicole

cc: @fruitful

Profile gravatar of Oluwakemi
    Oluwakemi
    Keymaster
    @Oluwakemine

Ladies you can still drop your questions. @tems will answer them in due course.

@akosua @eka @elle @goldie10 @mrsciw @ange @biodun

Dokpe A
    Participant
    @Fruitful

Thanks @tems. I’d do all i can to incorporate a healthy dose of vegetables and proteins into my diet; I’m a no-alchohol babe (except in fruit cake  :yahoo: ) and i have cut back on Sodas; the bread, doughnuts and biscuits though  :cry:   :cry:   :cry: Tough to let them go, but I go try

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Dokpe,

Definitely the biscuits, doughnut and white bread have to go, try the 80/20 rule which actually is all about eating healthy 80% of the time, and you can still enjoy these same treats as well that’s where the 20% comes in. We all like a bit reward for being good I always look forward to my ” eat anything day” where I treat myself with the things I love. Life would be so boring if we don’t allow ourselves the little pleasures.

Try to follow the tips I gave you and you would notice a major difference with that tummy fat.

All the best.

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Nicole,

You do not need to ditch the plantain chips for good every now and then you indulge, you can actually make your’s at home that’s a more healthier way of doing it so you are sure of what goes in unlike the fried ones you buy in the shops  that have been fried in God knows what oil and the salt content is just too much.

We still have a couple of popcorn left, popcorn are a better option and nuts if you need to snack, SDsfinefoodsng got you covered.

Thanks

Temi Awoyemi
    Keymaster
    @tems

Hi Oluwakemi,

You need to work on the sweet tooth by replacing most of the sugary stuff with more nutritious things like fruits, raisins, dates, these are  healthier options for you, but for me what helped me with my sweet tooth was loads of veggie smoothies and replacing sugar with things like coconut sugar, stevia, maple syrup and dates which are more nutritious healthier alternatives, it’s unbelievable that  once I started  feeding myself with good stuff I didn’t have no sugar cravings that was how I was able to control my sugar addiction. Try swapping sugar for other healthier option and with time you will find out that you aren’t really craving for it that much.

We all are guilty of feeding our kids with so much junk that they become sugar addicts from such a young age. I always say first of all stop giving them soft drinks and all those sugary drinks on the market they are loaded with too much sugar, pack more bananas and apple in their lunch boxes,try to encourage them to drink  more water, to be honest I do not know of any drink in this Nigeria that is healthy enough to give our kids too much sugar its real bad even the fruit juices are loaded with sugar,so try at this early age to wean them off sugar and embrace more healthier choices, but the kids of nowadays are way too smart pscheewwww they would scream and kick till you give in to their demands but as parents we have a duty of care  not to give in to their demands and we should try to encourage healthy eating as well for our kids so they can grow into it.

Hope this helps Oluwakemi

Thanks

Please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 138 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.